Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Supplements (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/)
-   -   Caffeine (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/caffeine-110945/)

Helena_SAS 01-09-2011 11:39 AM

Caffeine

Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that is a psychoactive stimulant drug. Caffeine acts as a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant, temporarily warding off drowsiness and restoring alertness.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

WaterStone 08-25-2011 05:49 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with caffeine. I was shocked to learn a few years ago how very little caffeine is needed to give you the positive benefits - like the amount in one cup of black tea. Trying to cut back from my ~3 cups of strong joe a day.

ronkonkoma832 08-27-2011 02:46 PM

Isn't caffeine supposed to make you more anxious and on edge lol? all i know is that whenever i have a cup of coffee i'm pretty much bouncing off the walls and jittery as all get out

theCARS1979 08-27-2011 03:23 PM

Caffiene

Caffeine can have a positive affect until you go overboard, once you go over board it will have a bad affect on your mood. It has a good effect on me with the amount I have everyday. Sometimes I do go overboard. and I stay away from energy drinks period

regimes 08-27-2011 07:12 PM

caffeine usually makes me worse. puts me in overdrive!

CopadoMexicano 08-27-2011 07:14 PM

caffeine is a mild stimulant. It aggravates my anxiety but the benzos i take cancels it out.

Hypnotoad 08-27-2011 11:01 PM

I don't think caffeine makes me feel any different one way or the other. Although I do have a very high tolerance since I have like a 100 Dr. Peppers a day(well, maybe not a hundred). A while ago I took a few weeks to back off virtually all my caffine intake. Didn't make me feel any different, didn't even help me sleep any better. Now my caffeine intake has returned to normal and still don't feel any different. Maybe I'm immune?

Infexxion 08-27-2011 11:45 PM

I'm definitely addicted to caffeine, if I don't drink any soda throughout the day I usually get a headache.

8vessels 08-28-2011 06:53 AM

caffeine, wen good quality, to me feels best stimulant. it def sorts u out and u can derive pleasure from making coffee, refined good quality kind especially

lazy 08-28-2011 07:56 AM

green tea for doing work.

coffee for listening to music. :-D

alex123 08-28-2011 01:00 PM

I enjoy caffeine a lot...., im a coke addict, but it doesent really affect me.

ashmash 08-28-2011 01:13 PM

It can really make anxiety worse. My heart rate increases and then I feel like I'm sweating. But it doesn't stop me from drinking a little coffee or a pop when I feel tired.

Revenwyn 08-28-2011 04:07 PM

14 Attachment(s)
Caffeine helps me concentrate and actually decreases my social anxiety in a high enough dose. I become a super extrovert on it.

the cheat 08-28-2011 07:17 PM

I am so desperate to give up caffeine...I am a serious addict. I'm so happy Diet Coke/Coke Zero was invented because if I had to drink regular stuff, I'd be dead. I don't remember not always having caffeine in me lol. I am curious to find out what I feel like without it though...I really need to try and stop drinking this stuff.

Revenwyn 08-28-2011 07:20 PM

14 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by the cheat (Post 1059258763)
I am so desperate to give up caffeine...I am a serious addict. I'm so happy Diet Coke/Coke Zero was invented because if I had to drink regular stuff, I'd be dead. I don't remember not always having caffeine in me lol. I am curious to find out what I feel like without it though...I really need to try and stop drinking this stuff.

Actually the aspartame will kill you faster than the HFCS.

the cheat 08-28-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revenwyn (Post 1059258769)
Actually the aspartame will kill you faster than the HFCS.

You think so? God, let's hope...

Xande 08-28-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the cheat (Post 1059258771)
You think so? God, let's hope...

Lol that's my take on diet/sugar free drinks (been drinking them for past couple of years daily). Well my take is actually "everything causes cancer, so whatever".

Not sure how much less fatty/more healthier diet drinks are though. I used to drink a lot of sugar free caffeine and just recently stopped.

lazy 08-29-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the cheat (Post 1059258763)

try to find 50mg caffeine pills

CaffeineAddict 08-30-2011 07:13 PM

Been hooked on caffeine for years (check the username). I love it, and well, it loves me, too. It's been there for me through a lot of strenuous mornings and nights over the past few years, through thick and thin. If I gave it up, it would pay me back with headaches and consistently irritable moods, like an ex lover.

Krikorian 08-30-2011 09:57 PM

Caffeine helps me focus and calm me down. I usually take it in pill form in about 400+mg a day, breaking the pills in half and distributing them 2-3 hours apart.