lexapro help - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

My Mood: Relaxed

lexapro help

so ive been taking lexapro for 2 months maybe? And I dont think 20mg is enough ... today when i woke up i felt very confident being outside for like 2 hours but than it went away, can it be because of the low dose? I know 20 mg is high but I think its low for my body because I need a lot of something for it to work in my body.. Should I up it to 30 mg ?? so that the feeling will last longer?? So far lexapro has just made me calmer and less depressed i guess but still shy outside...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 02:08 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Do you take it once a day? If so maybe it wears off. Maybe ask your doctor about splitting up the dose throughout the day?

I used to take 30 mg Lexapro, which I was told was a lot. Though I have anxiety, I was taking it more for my depression, since Lexapro is technically an anti-depressant (though anti-depressants can sometimes help anxiety). Lexapro didn't work for me, but its different for everyone.

I'd talk to your doctor, you could also take 25 mg, might be a nice compromise between the 20 and 30. Also, I believe Lexapro is a drug that you have to take for a little while to have it fully build up in your system (I think it takes like 6 weeks to get the full effects). So maybe it is soon to up it? Another thing to ask your doctor. Good luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

My Mood: Relaxed
Yeah like i said ive been taking lexapro for 2 months .. Yeah your right im gonna ask my doc to up the dose to 30mg, yes i take it once a day in the mornings 2x10 mg lexapro , want to switch to 3x10mg a day so the effect holds longer

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 02:39 AM
杜鹏飞

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
today when i woke up i felt very confident being outside for like 2 hours but than it went away, can it be because of the low dose?
Well considering escitalopram's (Lexapro) half-life is more than 20 hours, I wouldn't think the effects should ever last for that short of a time. You maybe felt like that, but SSRIs don't act that way. Give it a better try, maybe upping the dose will help too, but I also recommend using some benzos like Xanax for especially hard situations.

Quote:
So far lexapro has just made me calmer and less depressed i guess but still shy outside.
SSRIs definietly aren't magic pills that will make your SA instantly go away. You'll need a therapy (preferably CBT) and you'll need to expose yourself to all the situations that make you uncomfortable. Eventually you'll see it's not that hard, especially on Lexapro. At least that's how it was for me. Good luck.

Female and young rock hyrax huddling to conserve body heat
things aren't as they seem - nor are they otherwise
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 08:37 PM
SAS Member

According to my psychiatrist she said that lexapro has no benefits after taking 20mg

But who knows ? She could be wrong
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 11:59 AM
GrandCustodian of Synosis

Lexapro is an SSRI, so its inactive against Social Anxiety, depression, or as a mood lifter and enhancer of life.

Bare in mind reports of it working either in official studies or by word of mouth are false reports, much in the same same way homeopathy has false reports. Much in the same way there are youtubes thats exist where people say Honey and Vanilla are antidepressants. Also like acupuncture, orgonite, and praying.

If Lexapro worked, we would know this by A) being sold on the black market and B) 100 people who never had a job before would take it and all get a job. Its easy to invent false arguments against the truth. one can make-up anything. They can claim lexapro takes weeks to work from receptor auto regulation, therefore (A) above is invalid. Anyone can make up anything false. It is easy.

The things we read in our lives are fake things. This could be democrat-republican, labour & conservative parties, religions. We cannot pretend the psychiatric SSRIs are a special magical exception to the rule that everything is fake in nature.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:00 PM
the knowledge void

Quote:
Yeah like i said ive been taking lexapro for 2 months .. Yeah your right im gonna ask my doc to up the dose to 30mg, yes i take it once a day in the mornings 2x10 mg lexapro , want to switch to 3x10mg a day so the effect holds longer
I have no idea if taking an SSRI more than once daily will help, but you could definitely try! but the half life of lexapro is about 27-32 hours, which means there shouldn't be a need for more than one dose a day.

AIIOW3VERYT_8N5H47EE
the demon is the healer
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page