has anyone ever tried CBD oil? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 09:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass18 View Post
Dude ACDC is amazing!! I am smoking that right now. I love it! It is my favorite high CBD budd that I have tried so far. It really does make you feel a lot more relaxed. I couldn't believe that I actually found budd that worked
Yeah I was so happy I found it.
Gonna go buy sum ryeeeee naaaaaa

That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the freakin way she goes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Bearer of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashen View Post
Yeah I was so happy I found it.
Gonna go buy sum ryeeeee naaaaaa
Just curious, did you blaze just regular THC budd previously in life before finding high CBD budd?
Not really sure how to phrase this. Buuuut I was jw cuz I've been blazing for years and reg budd just randomly stopped working for me and now all I can smoke is CBD.
post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 03:45 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaxanCloak View Post
I have a solo arizer vaporizer. If it worked with oils I'd be all over those CBD ones. I've also heard things about it helping anxiety, but every one is so different, anyway. I never have faith in much of anything(besides alcohol, unfortunately)
Then again, every single form of medication/drug/whatever seems to help peoples anxiety, if the internet and forums are to be believed.

It's so cheap, and IDK if it's illegal in some states, but it is legal to buy it online. It seems like something worth trying. Anything is when you're desperate or motivated enough, right?
I have the arizer air. What I do is make a sandwich. A layer of ground flower, a layer of honey oil and another layer of flower. Works pretty well. I only medicate with indicas though since sativas increase my anxiety and heart rate.

post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 04:18 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass18 View Post
Just curious, did you blaze just regular THC budd previously in life before finding high CBD budd?
Not really sure how to phrase this. Buuuut I was jw cuz I've been blazing for years and reg budd just randomly stopped working for me and now all I can smoke is CBD.
Yeah i did. Smoked regular for about two years but it was making me increasingly more anxious the longer I smoked so I stopped for a while. Then one day I was really stressed and wanted to smoke and my friend happened to have this acdc and I was hooked.
But it didnt just stop working for me. My ex has been smoking for seven years and she says its just a little moodlift for her now. To get high she needs shatter dabs or hash.

That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the freakin way she goes
post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Bearer of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashen View Post
Yeah i did. Smoked regular for about two years but it was making me increasingly more anxious the longer I smoked so I stopped for a while. Then one day I was really stressed and wanted to smoke and my friend happened to have this acdc and I was hooked.
But it didnt just stop working for me. My ex has been smoking for seven years and she says its just a little moodlift for her now. To get high she needs shatter dabs or hash.
That's interesting. I was just wondering because I've been smoking for like 5 years and when my anxiety became worse THC stopped having positive benefits. It just creates extreme anxiety now. My boyfriend is the same as your ex though. He just dabs because budd isn't enough. Dabbing is so intense for me it's just pure anxiety. I wish I could smoke regular though, it makes me feel lame.

“The thought manifests the word;
The word manifests the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let them spring forth from love
Born out of compassion for all beings.
As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.”
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 08:54 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
Looks as though this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to respond since I recently have had some experience with CBD.

I was vacationing in Washington State last month, so I went into a pot shop and asked for a high CBD strain of pot. I bought a couple, one (Harlequin) as bud, and another as vape oil. I wasn't thrilled with the Harlequin, but the vape oil I tried was rather interesting. Both are high CBD, but also have a bit of THC. The vape oil I bought (I wish I could remember the name) was great, it had just enough THC so I got a bit of a buzz, but since it was so high in CBD is was a very nice mellow buzz, nothing that would prevent me from doing anything including working. It made me so interested in everything, I went to a grocery store on my lunch hour and I spent the whole hour just looking at things like I never had before, reading the labels and comparing one item to the next, it was completely mesmerizing.

Unfortunately I'm back in Massachusetts now where you need a prescription even to enter a pot shop, so I'm out of luck in trying to find another strain that would compare to the one I liked from Washington.

So I've turned to searching for CBD products on line. The problem with buying CBD on line is that the percentage of CBD in most of these products is incredibly low, and the price is very high, and there is no THC in any of them, so it's legal in almost all states. I finally ordered one that was about 33% CBD per ml, which was about the highest I could find. The problem with these CBD only products is that without the THC there are absolutely no psychoactive properties. I vape a little or a lot, and it's hard to tell if it's affecting me at all. If I had to say, I'd say is minimally effective, but it would cost a fortune to buy enough to keep me satisfied as I have to vape it all day long. I don't really think it's worth it.

So my conclusion is that the best (for me) is a high CBD strain, but with a bit of THC, really good for relaxing. I'm going to ask my primary care doc for a prescription so I can shop at a medicinal marijuana shop. Not sure if I'll get one, but it's worth a try.
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 05:12 PM
SAS Member

I tried taking CBD oil while I was looking for a job and couldn't smoke any weed. Unfortunately, I didn't notice any difference in my mood or anxiety. Others have been saying that high CBD strains of weed are better than the oils and I would have to agree. The CBD oil by itself, without any THC doesn't seem to work in the same way as CBD accompanied by THC. I've read online that CBD and THC work best when they accompany each other and on their own aren't as effective. I don't know the science behind this and I can't confirm that this is true, it's just something I've read in a couple places.
post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 02:43 AM
SAS Member

Really good CBD article

Hey all! I recently found this article online. It gives a pretty decent overview of CBD and the uses.

http://sp-bx.com/seizures-treatment-...cannabis-kids/

I thought it was pretty decent. What do you guys think?
post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:15 AM
SAS Member

I have. I think it's effect is overstated to a degree (of course everyone is different). I didn't care for smoking it (very acrid). Never tried vaping it. A couple of drops under the tongue is what they recommend and that's generally what I do. It's ok, but it's no substitute for the real thing. If you live in an area where marijuana is legal I recommend trying it and seeing if you like it.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory, my chains are broken.
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:26 AM
SAS Member

I made some cbd oil a while back to help my friend's father who had cancer.Tried it myself too ,just felt a little buzzed cause it still contained some thc as well.
post #31 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amazed

Cbd oils

Hi yes, we use them and we get them from a really good company that only uses the purest forms. I have intense anxiety and it has taken that away. The health benefits are endless. If you want more information send me a message and i can send you what I have
post #32 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:29 PM
SAS Member

We take the CBD get the health benefits with out the high
post #33 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:31 PM
SAS Member

Yes We have tried it. We get it from a company who get's there hemp plants from Europe. It has done wonders for my anxiety and has helped so many of our friends..Get healthy with out the high...If you want more info message me.
post #34 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 12:42 AM
Evilangel

I have been using and smoking cbd buds which are 100% legal here in switzerland for 6 months now. The results have been so relaxing and medicating for me. I dont feel any high, just a relaxing feeling. does good for me.

like this strain the best:

some good studys about cbd:

Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of CBD in generalized

Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders

post #35 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 07:28 AM
SAS Member

CBD Oil can work wonders if it is taken in correct quantity. The dosage differs as to the type of the disease and intensity of the disease. It is a very good health supplement and has not side effects. It also rejuvenates the skin. Maybe this few points will help you to start with like person size, severity of the disease-mild range, medium range, severe range. http://www.cbdoilwiki.com/Home/Detai...-Should-I-Take
post #36 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 04:38 PM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
It makes a noticeable difference for me. And I don't usually get much from supplements.

I have a cbd oil tincture which I take before some intense activity planned for the day. I've tried vaping Remedy which didn't have much of an anti-psychoactive effect.

ACDC on the other hand works wonders. I believe the ratio of CBD to THC is where the mystery lies. Since CBD is a relatively new discovery an individual needs to experiment to find out what works for them. ACDC is a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC. Remedy is a 20:1. So the balance of the two drugs seems to work well. But then again with cannabis, certain strains can have totally different effects. Person to person.
It silences a lot of those insecure thoughts and anxiety that start spinning whenever I am in social situations. Not enough to make me clean and clear of social anxiety but certainly a noticeable difference.

The recent DEA ban of CBD isn't going to be doing any good for the mental health community.
post #37 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Aly
Social outcast

I have no access to any of it because I don't live in a state where it's legalized :/ sometimes I think about moving to a state where it all is legalized, just so I can feel relief from my anxiety(which brings severe, chronic neck+shoulder pain and muscle tension). Pills haven't really helped me too much. Weed has helped me more than anything else has tbh. I know that there are people out there who have it worse, such as people with epilepsy, but I'd just really love to live in a legalized state. It would really benefit me.
post #38 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:34 AM
butterball

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
I have no access to any of it because I don't live in a state where it's legalized :/ sometimes I think about moving to a state where it all is legalized, just so I can feel relief from my anxiety(which brings severe, chronic neck+shoulder pain and muscle tension). Pills haven't really helped me too much. Weed has helped me more than anything else has tbh. I know that there are people out there who have it worse, such as people with epilepsy, but I'd just really love to live in a legalized state. It would really benefit me.
It might be worth relocating for you. A lot of people did so when Colorado legalized cannabis for personal use.

You can check the Norml website, or google to see if there's any push for legalization where you live. The wheels are moving and more states now want to jump on.
They legalized here with prop 64 last election so it's a new and exciting change. And right now still expensive. I'm going to start growing some CBD strains, as medicating with it adds the cost up quickly. It also sells out from the dispensaries quickly.
post #39 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 11:07 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
I'm revisiting this discussion as I've now obtained an MMJ card and can now buy MMJ from dispensaries in and around Boston. I must say I've been a little disappointed for the most part, but not completely.

Before receiving my MMJ card I would order CBD vape oil from any number of websites since as long as the CBD is derived from the hemp plant is is totally legal anywhere in the U.S. I tried several different brands, and can only say that I was not impressed, never felt any difference.

I read anecdotal reports from some who say CBD from hemp is not the same as CBD from MJ plants, while others have said CBD is CBD regardless of its origin. so the quest continued.

I have now tried many different CBD products in many variations, meaning CBD alone, or mostly alone as in a Charlotte's web type products. These come with absolutely no psychoactive effects. I've also tried some that were 1 to 1 CBD to THC. I like these better as you can feel a little high, but the CBD keeps it nominal which is great if you're prone to anxiety from THC. And I've tried many variations of CBD/THC ratios, but I still prefer 1 to 1 offerings. If you prefer getting high but want to dissipate , or somewhat lesson the effects of THC for a more balanced experience, this may be the way to go.

I do have to say though, as I eluded to earlier, I have been disappointed. Regardless of the ratio of CBD/THC I have tried, it has never been even remotely close to a cure for SA. I now am buying mostly indica leaning THC products, mostly for relaxing and sleep, and quite often these have very little CBD. I am always on the lookout for products with at least a minimal amount of CBD, because as I stated, the CBD helps reduce the chances of having a bad THC trip, for me.

I think it's worth trying if you have access to medical grade MJ, and you might get lucky and find something that you love. I've not found that yet, but I'm still searching. There are so many options regarding types of products, some all CBD, some all THC, and many with a combination ranging from mostly CBD with little THC, to some mostly THC with a little CBD. The only way for you to know if it is worth pursuing is to try it. Some swear it is the best thing they've tried, and others, like myself, who feel it is only minimally helpful. And to return to one of my first questions, I still haven't determined if CBD from hemp is just as useful as CBD from MJ. Lot's to explore.
post #40 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 08:46 PM
SAS Member

Highest grade CBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
I've read online that it works wonders. I'm sick of taking medication and feeling out of it all of the time. CBD is a pure ingredient that is in cannabis. it doesn't contain any THC. it can come in a bottled oil that can be put into a e-cig or vape and can be smoked. has anyone ever tried this ?
Hi Aly,

CBD is an amazing tool and has some amazing research to back up its effects! Did you ever try it?
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page