Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Medication (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f55/)
-   -   Anti depressants medicine (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f55/anti-depressants-medicine-169204/)

mail2mesir 03-04-2012 01:55 AM

Anti depressants medicine

Hi
I use Isoniazid( INH) for latent tb for some months.In initial 1 month of usage i feel lot of changes in myself including modd betterment also PE improvement .I google it and find the reason .Isoniazid is a (MAOIs) and it has some Serotonin effect ie increase serotonin.But it increases my blood pressure.but i feel very nice using isoniazid.My latent tb couse is going to finish in april.i hope i can find any other medicine which can give me felling like have when i used isoniazid but no high blood pressure.

i am looking informations about Anafranil (Clomipramine Hcl) and Tofranil (Imipramine).which has no cardiac side effects(blood pressure etc) or less for long term use.

NeveahSumone 03-05-2012 12:13 AM

Anti depressants medicine

Finding the right meds can be hard. Best of luck finding the right meds

mail2mesir 03-09-2012 07:15 PM

the properties of these two medicine specially for heart and blood pressure(will it be increasing or decreasing blood pressure)

Darrenlogan56 08-10-2012 02:52 PM

I take Imipramine, it's a very good strong antidepressant, it does seem to lower blood pressure, it can have effects on the heart, sometimes make it beat faster than normal etc, but for my experience it was very clean and the first antidepressant to properly work for me!

Sleazyslay 07-20-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrenlogan56 (Post 1060200682)
I take Imipramine, it's a very good strong antidepressant, it does seem to lower blood pressure, it can have effects on the heart, sometimes make it beat faster than normal etc, but for my experience it was very clean and the first antidepressant to properly work for me!

I am trying anafranil. Why isnīt TCA - meds listed?

deesonjame 07-22-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail2mesir (Post 1059717165)
Hi
I use Isoniazid( INH) for latent tb for some months.In initial 1 month of usage i feel lot of changes in myself including modd betterment also PE improvement .I google it and find the reason .Isoniazid is a (MAOIs) and it has some Serotonin effect ie increase serotonin.But it increases my blood pressure.but i feel very nice using isoniazid.M.

How did you know it increased your blood pressure?

rain2000 09-14-2013 07:42 PM

So called 'Medications' are no good. If you are suicidal and at your worst they may be beneficial temporarily, although you will get rebound depression, anxiety,etc. after they wear off. I was on so many medications I don't want to take the time to list them all and none of them made me better. In fact, they made my life unlivable. I was still depressed, still miserable, and so lethargic I couldn't get out of bed. I am so much better now, because of a combination of lifestyle changes, exercise, eating organic, and working. I also don't have a lot of stress on me which can change at anytime, but I sacrifice some freedoms for reduced stress.

I could go on and on about why psychotropic drugs don't really work. They have the placebo effect but that's it. Although the placebo effect is very powerful, I'm not sure if the side effects are worth it.

Focus123 09-15-2013 11:25 PM

Many anxiety disorders, such as SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder), GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder), or PD (Panic Disorder) are treated medication wise through the use of antidepressants, mainly the family of SSRIs (Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Luvox), SNRIs (Effexor, Cymblata) and trycyclics (Impramine, Anafranil). *Note: there are a few other antidepressants in each of these categories, but I just listed the main ones used.

Initially I came from the school of thought that medications were unnatural and should be used as a last resort for mental health. However, after experiencing a severe panic episode that lasted several months, and didn't ease up, until I treated it with medication, I realize those views were faulty. Regardless of my other treatments, these methods never cured my anxiety disorder, and it seemed I should have started with the medication from the start.

Medication is always used as to fix a health problem. If you suffer high blood pressure, you may take heart medication to aid your malfunctioning heart. If you suffer epilepsy, you take medication to prevent future seizures. If you have diabetes, you will take medication to deal with this health disorder, and it's often accepted, as for life. Mental health medication often has a stigma of not being a valid medical disorder, possibly more of a crazy person's issue in how they do not know how to handle the pressures of life.

Antidepressants are tools to help the brain in the regulation of serotonin. For people who suffer depression or anxiety, their brains often produce too much serotonin, and this imbalance causes the brain to be in a state of constant alarm. Antidepressants actually aid the brain in producing the appropriate stress receptors that handle anxiety and how serotonin is regulated through the body. Without the medication, the body and the brain do not handle serotonin appropriately, and this causes anxiety and depressive disorders. Given this information, anxiety disorders and depressive disorder are the result of a faulty mis-wired brain, however medication can fix that.

So when taking antidepressants, they are a form of medication to assist your damaged brain.

It may take several attempts at finding the right medication to fit your chemistry. This can be frustrating for a user, especially if a person only seeks antidepressants during a panic episode, since the antidepressant may be viewed as a quick fix, instead of a medication that needs to be regularly monitored, at a minimum of a year, so the person can adapt to the medication in their system. Likewise this may require changes in medications and may take four to five attempts at finding the right medication for a user.

For this reason, medication should be taken seriously, and not be treated like asperin where it's only taken to fix bad feelings and fix them overnight with an antidepressant. Antidepressants work over time in assisting the brain on how to regulate itself up to normal par.

For a person who suffers a severe anxiety disorder, they may have to come to the conclusion that medication maybe for life, however this does not mean a person cannot lead a rewarding, fulfilling life, with the appropriate use of medication to handle their anxiety disorder.

Marc999 12-07-2013 01:01 PM

Fantastic post Focus123. Thanks for sharing your insight.

macmini706 12-30-2013 09:47 PM

Thanks very much

Maggied29 07-25-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focus123 (Post 1066714130)
Many anxiety disorders, such as SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder), GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder), or PD (Panic Disorder) are treated medication wise through the use of antidepressants, mainly the family of SSRIs (Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Luvox), SNRIs (Effexor, Cymblata) and trycyclics (Impramine, Anafranil). *Note: there are a few other antidepressants in each of these categories, but I just listed the main ones used.

Initially I came from the school of thought that medications were unnatural and should be used as a last resort for mental health. However, after experiencing a severe panic episode that lasted several months, and didn't ease up, until I treated it with medication, I realize those views were faulty. Regardless of my other treatments, these methods never cured my anxiety disorder, and it seemed I should have started with the medication from the start.

Medication is always used as to fix a health problem. If you suffer high blood pressure, you may take heart medication to aid your malfunctioning heart. If you suffer epilepsy, you take medication to prevent future seizures. If you have diabetes, you will take medication to deal with this health disorder, and it's often accepted, as for life. Mental health medication often has a stigma of not being a valid medical disorder, possibly more of a crazy person's issue in how they do not know how to handle the pressures of life.

Antidepressants are tools to help the brain in the regulation of serotonin. For people who suffer depression or anxiety, their brains often produce too much serotonin, and this imbalance causes the brain to be in a state of constant alarm. Antidepressants actually aid the brain in producing the appropriate stress receptors that handle anxiety and how serotonin is regulated through the body. Without the medication, the body and the brain do not handle serotonin appropriately, and this causes anxiety and depressive disorders. Given this information, anxiety disorders and depressive disorder are the result of a faulty mis-wired brain, however medication can fix that.

So when taking antidepressants, they are a form of medication to assist your damaged brain.

It may take several attempts at finding the right medication to fit your chemistry. This can be frustrating for a user, especially if a person only seeks antidepressants during a panic episode, since the antidepressant may be viewed as a quick fix, instead of a medication that needs to be regularly monitored, at a minimum of a year, so the person can adapt to the medication in their system. Likewise this may require changes in medications and may take four to five attempts at finding the right medication for a user.

For this reason, medication should be taken seriously, and not be treated like asperin where it's only taken to fix bad feelings and fix them overnight with an antidepressant. Antidepressants work over time in assisting the brain on how to regulate itself up to normal par.

For a person who suffers a severe anxiety disorder, they may have to come to the conclusion that medication maybe for life, however this does not mean a person cannot lead a rewarding, fulfilling life, with the appropriate use of medication to handle their anxiety disorder.

I just want to say thank you for your input. Doctors do have all that training for a reason. The best you can do is be honest with your Doctor, however in some states mental hospitals can keep you forever so be careful.

There is a lot of valid argument about Organic food but in reality a person doesn't always have access to organic food and regular exercise. For me I can afford the doctor visit but not the prescriptions... The better medical treatment, support, and healthy lifestyle are all good ways to live a happy life.

Personally I've hated mine and that doesn't change.

lilliewilliams 02-20-2015 02:32 AM

Please tell me the sympton of anxiety

lilliewilliams 02-20-2015 02:42 AM

I think I'm depressed, not sure I maybe, my Doc think so I've had major surgeries since 2007 ,2014, feeling a little sorry for my self, quick to respond snappy tired sleep all the time take meds for pain, Doc said Fetzima will help with these symptoms and pain, am I depressed, I start the Fetzima today I've been talking tramadol for along time I saw that the two are not to be mixed, I'm wondering should I wait a while before taking please someone tell me what all this sounds like ?

lilliewilliams 02-20-2015 02:50 AM

I should be asleep but cant, I'm not not in pain right now, I don't abuse the meds can't sleep, last surgery was total hip replacement haven't been able to return to work never liked working anyways so I'm not depressed about that, last surgery 3 7 2014, in need of the other hip replaced in March and I depressed ?

lilliewilliams 02-20-2015 02:52 AM

Does this sound like I'm depressed, I don't want to start this med if im not depressed ?

ShawnHamilton 02-23-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focus123 (Post 1066714130)
Antidepressants are tools to help the brain in the regulation of serotonin. For people who suffer depression or anxiety, their brains often produce too much serotonin, and this imbalance causes the brain to be in a state of constant alarm.

Maybe someone can clarify this for me. I have been operating on the assumption that SSRIs' ability to inhibit the reuptake of serotonin is useful in patients who suffer a deficiency in this brain chemical. If one had a surplus of serotonin they'd presumably feel pretty good. Why inhibit the re-uptake?