am i having a panic attack? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 06:33 PM
SAS Member

You are having Anxiety. Get into some meditation or yoga, to get your mind to calm down. Sometimes I meditate 3 to 4 times a day, but try twice a day. You can find some good ones on you tube, searching anxiety meditations. You will know when it is a panic attack. I will describe my first one. I start to feel uneasy as if something is not right, and i'm confused. My hands are feeling sweaty and my head feels hot. My heart begins to pound, harder and harder. It's now hard to breathe, and feels like someone sitting on my chest. Normally I am so weak that I can't speak, open my eyes, talk, or move my arms. I just go limp. I feel as if i'm going to die. I can hear voices around me, but hard to talk. I slowly come out of it and in about an hour I feel Normal except for being exhausted. . Mine usually is bad for about 15 minutes. What is really happening is my mind tells my body that I am in danger. I have to fight or flight. Blood is directed to my legs, in case I need to run, which makes my heart pound harder, trying to get blood to my brain. I breath harder preparing my body for more oxygen (needed for running or fighting). I sweat to keep my body cool during the battle.

If at all possible, lay down elevate your legs and breathe slowly from the stomach. This will help you calm down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM
CWe
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella36uk View Post
Having a panic attack is horrible, it feels like ur having a heart attack, believe me i have 11 plus aday
Oh wow! That must be horrible!

Hugs from me to you

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:17 PM
castor sacs

My Mood: Buzzed
A panic attack has an actual physical effect on your body, and it definitely wouldn't last as long as a couple days. My best description of one is like a mini heart attack, but it can be different for everyone. I usually feel very light-heart at first---then I feel my heart pounding in my chest, and I feel like I'm suffocating, and my whole body is jiterry and trembling.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 09:58 PM
SAS Member

Nah I don't think you're having a panic attack. I'll describe the last panic attack I got. I was sitting alone in class as usual, when a group of extroverted people decided to come and talk to me. There were like 10 of them. I started hyperventilating, my heartbeat rate went up, even started shivering slightly and started wishing they would go away. Though I believe I looked relatively normal on the surface. Note that I am not 'un-confident', I wasn't scared of them in the slightest. I have social anxiety.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Dvana

From what people have already stated on this thread you must experience at least 4 physical negative experiences like nausea, dizziness, numbness, fast heart rate, shaking, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, hives, racing thoughts, derealisation, seeing things in the corner of your eye that are not actually there, light and noise sensitivity, etc etc. It is great to know that you are not suffering from these :. However you should talk with your doctor about your feelings. I wish you all the best. I would disagree with the people that state that they never last over a day - I have experienced them for periods of up to a week, only being able to stop them by going to the hospital and being completely knocked out with drugs.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Dvana

Just learnt something new and wish to say sorry to the person who stated that panic attacks usually do not last longer then a day - I did some research and yes they only are meant to last a day, anxiety attacks can however last months but are less severe. Again sorry for the mistake. I just learnt that I know longer suffer from panic attacks, well to be honest only rarely, once every 6 months or so. They are no longer a big deal though. I suffer from anxiety attacks. I thought that they were one and the same. From experience I would not say they are less severe though.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
old curtains

Don't know about anyone else. But during an intense panic attack I feel the urge that I have lost the control of my bowels? I have been told cause anxiety starts in the rot of your stomach and there are so many nerves there. I agree with everyone it sounds like more anxiety than an actual panic attack. Don't get them as much as I used to. But Def currently suffering with feelings of unattractiveness/motivation. I call it my funk..I'm stuck in my funk or in a funk or a rut..
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Fear...sucks

Social anxiety and panic attacks go hand in hand, so know that first. Secondly I've learned that Running from the initial 'what if' thoughts that come with panic is the worst thing you can do. Stay in the moment, and continue doing your thing and eventually it will subside and confidence will grow.

http://www.anxietykey.com working for me check it out and follow it's a gooder for anxious people.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 01:14 PM
happy i dodged a bullet

My Mood: Cheerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvana View Post
From what people have already stated on this thread you must experience at least 4 physical negative experiences like nausea, dizziness, numbness, fast heart rate, shaking, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, hives, racing thoughts, derealisation, seeing things in the corner of your eye that are not actually there, light and noise sensitivity, etc etc. It is great to know that you are not suffering from these :. However you should talk with your doctor about your feelings. I wish you all the best. I would disagree with the people that state that they never last over a day - I have experienced them for periods of up to a week, only being able to stop them by going to the hospital and being completely knocked out with drugs.
yah i suffer w/ that when it gets hella bad... lol sometimes the floaters are interesting to see XD lol

🎵I wake up everyday celebrating sh(I)t why? BC I just dodged a bullet from a crazy b(I)tch🎵 I realized I cant fix broken people...i tried.. I cant help someone who wont take accountability.for where they went wrong...but its okay..bc I'll always be fine. No sleep will be lost, ....the video below is me, basically.

Always thank someone for showing their true colors.. Now you see them for who them are and can cut them off
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingsour View Post
No that is not a panic attack mainly problems with just being down. i had a very bad panic attack a few days ago because me and my fiance got in a fight and he left and came back and id been crying for like 30 minutes staright and i started feeling like everything was closing in and that i was going to be alone forever and i blacked out and (dont laugh) well i wlked away and went to the bathroom to try and relax and i blacked out and started hitting myself i guess and woke up on the bathroom floor screaming help and my fiance told me what happened it was very scary because i had a bloody nose and mouth and black eye. never ever getting that upset again i hope.
Just want to give you a internet hug ( hugs ), that sounds so scary.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page