There Are A Lot Of Glitches - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
☆ Moderator ☆

There Are A Lot Of Glitches

For a little bit over a week, I’ve had lots of glitches.

The Board Index shows posts from a few days ago when I’m signed in, making it look like nothing has changed since that time. This includes the forum for Reported Posts, which makes it harder to moderate because I don’t always see the reports.

If I have any notifications, I won’t see them until I’ve opened one of the subforums. When I return to the subforum where I saw my notification, it still shows as being new, and it won’t go away.

I sign in, but then get logged out again when I try opening a subforum. Today, this is happening when I open General Discussion. Even after signing in, it still tells me I need to log in.

When I moved a thread to a different forum, the Board Index still showed it in the previous forum it was in.

It seems to be a CloudFare problem. Has anyone else been having these glitches? The Board Index not changing makes it look like there’s nothing happening on here, which could make new or returning members see SAS as “dead.”

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:59 PM

Apart from timeout 524? error, I haven't had many issues, except the read or not read part.

It says cloud is ok in diagnostics with 524? error, but error occurs at host server.

Most likely there is no server to take connections only and another server that does the database stuff to reduce load on the host server.

Sometimes find with new web software, that need to update to latest versions of browser software with latest updates with flash for glitches to go away.

Try updating flash, browser if you can to see if it fixes the issues.
post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:56 PM

Language: English (British), German to some extent.
My Mood: Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
Apart from timeout 524? error, I haven't had many issues, except the read or not read part.

It says cloud is ok in diagnostics with 524? error, but error occurs at host server.

Most likely there is no server to take connections only and another server that does the database stuff to reduce load on the host server.

Sometimes find with new web software, that need to update to latest versions of browser software with latest updates with flash for glitches to go away.

Try updating flash, browser if you can to see if it fixes the issues.
Everyone who has been on here for any length of time knows that this site has had so many technical glitches over the years. But it does seem to have got worse for many people since the CloudFlare introduction. I fortunately don't really seem to have any problems though, at least with the latest Firefox on Android. Will have to try on my Mac, which cannot really run modern versions of most browsers, if any at all.

But Flash is hardly relevant to SAS at all, like I posted before on here. It's use is heavily declining across the internet nowadays anyway. The old chatroom on here used it, as many will remember, but it had an HTML5 fallback. I think the games in the current chatroom's arcade require the Adobe Shockwave browser plugin, which is different from Flash. So yeah update your browser if you can, but I'd just disable Flash (if your browser even still lets you use it easily by default?), unless you really need it for some other site.

–his girl is a tortoise, wandering in the long grass and streaming rain, between fire and ice in a sense

post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydeaCharlotte View Post
Everyone who has been on here for any length of time knows that this site has had so many technical glitches over the years. But it does seem to have got worse for many people since the CloudFlare introduction. I fortunately don't really seem to have any problems though, at least with the latest Firefox on Android. Will have to try on my Mac, which cannot really run modern versions of most browsers, if any at all.
Would be interesting to see what problems you get.

I find older browsers (especially like Internet Explorer that require the operating software to be updated) won't view web pages due to from what I understand to be no security updates for the operating system itself.

Quote:
But Flash is hardly relevant to SAS at all, like I posted before on here. It's use is heavily declining across the internet nowadays anyway. The old chatroom on here used it, as many will remember, but it had an HTML5 fallback. I think the games in the current chatroom's arcade require the Adobe Shockwave browser plugin, which is different from Flash. So yeah update your browser if you can, but I'd just disable Flash (if your browser even still lets you use it easily by default?), unless you really need it for some other site.
I find this website slows down before have to update Flash. The result is it speeds up again after the update. Might be that is related to the Youtube links / video's, but the menu's are slower to open too before the update.
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
☆ Moderator ☆

I just got a redirecting hijacked page about winning free Netflix. After closing it, I tried opening a different page of SAS and saw this:

Iíve never seen this before, so whatever was in the blocked page must have been bad.

The redirect website was from zxemarket.com. I donít want to go back and get the full URL, so I hope this is helpful enough for @Helena_SAS .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:48 AM

@silentmemory

Sorry to hear that.

If have a virus checking program, I think it usually logs the website address when that happens.
post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 04:16 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post

This pic is made of hilarious!

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 04:21 PM
Flying Backwards

For days (possibly weeks) I have not been getting all of my PM quote notifications. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Someone just quoted me in a thread I posted in an hour or so ago and I didn't get the notification. This has been happening for a while. I don't know if it's the PM system that's messed up or what but this has been an issue since at least the whole Cloudflare disaster.

I suppose it could be one of my Chrome extensions causing it but I'm not going through them one at a time to make this site work like it did before with the same extensions.

------------

post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Tired

Language: English
In before an Helena pops up and suggests you clear your cache, or failing that stop using the time machine.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
☆ Moderator ☆

Quote:
@silentmemory

Sorry to hear that.

If have a virus checking program, I think it usually logs the website address when that happens.
Thanks, and thanks for what you told me about Flash. I usually only go on here on my iPad or MacBook because my laptops feel really big and weird to type on now, and neither of those have Flash. If I do go on here on my laptop and it was being glitchy, Iíll try what you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post

This pic is made of hilarious!
Haha. I wrote ďThese are in the future!Ē before I wrote ď1:00 PM hasnít happened yet.Ē I thought it was funny how it looked like all of the posts were in the future.

Itís weird, because not long after I started this thread, it started being normal except for the blocked page (which I had two or three more times). Sometimes thereís a day where it works normally, and then a day where it doesnít.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #11 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:00 AM
Flying Backwards

Well, they do always tell us to post screenshots that show what's wrong. That is exactly what you did there.

------------

post #12 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
Thanks, and thanks for what you told me about Flash. I usually only go on here on my iPad or MacBook because my laptops feel really big and weird to type on now, and neither of those have Flash. If I do go on here on my laptop and it was being glitchy, Iíll try what you said.
You're welcome.
post #13 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:58 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Twisted
So many bugs and glitches, you'd think this site was made by Bethesda.

Enjoy your programming
post #14 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:25 AM
SAS Member

Sometimes I don't see the last post made by people in a thread or get notified that someone has quoted me. Doesn't seem to be any consistency to it. Hmm.
post #15 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:07 PM
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful
As you know, we recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security. This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. So that would explain why if you're logged out it isn't showing the most up to date info. @Silent Memory When you sign in, does it log you out automatically/give you an error? What browser/device are you using?

Niall

Testing
post #16 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
☆ Moderator ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena_SAS View Post
As you know, we recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security. This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. So that would explain why if you're logged out it isn't showing the most up to date info. @Silent Memory When you sign in, does it log you out automatically/give you an error? What browser/device are you using?

Niall
When Iím logged in, it isnít showing the newest posts. I was logged in when I took the screenshot I posted. It has been okay for the last few days, but itís inconsistent, like Pete Beale said. Sometimes it works normally and sometimes it doesnít.

Iím using Safari on an iPad 6 and on a MacBook, and had the problem on both of those. It would log me out when I opened certain subforums, like General Discussion. Other times, it would keep telling me to log in on the Board Index Page, which wouldnít refresh.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #17 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:13 PM
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
So many bugs and glitches, you'd think this site was made by Bethesda.
Next up , SAS Loot Boxes. Spend $10 to open a legendary box to grant you the possibility of 50 extra posts for the day.

2b
post #18 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:43 PM
Flying Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena_SAS View Post
As you know, we recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security.
This did not work well.

------------

post #19 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:33 PM

Language: English (British), German to some extent.
My Mood: Blah
Quote:
Would be interesting to see what problems you get.

I find older browsers (especially like Internet Explorer that require the operating software to be updated) won't view web pages due to from what I understand to be no security updates for the operating system itself.

I find this website slows down before have to update Flash. The result is it speeds up again after the update. Might be that is related to the Youtube links / video's, but the menu's are slower to open too before the update.
Snow Leopard is a very old version of Mac OS. It's equally ancient/unupdateable Safari just crashes when I try to log in to SAS. The same happens with almost the last version of Seamonkey that will run on Snow Leopard (newer than Safari I think, it's a browser closely related to Firefox). Camino is a Mac-only browser that is also related to Firefox, but it was discontinued years ago. This site does login in Camino and seems to work ok, but obviously using such old software is a bad idea on any site.

–his girl is a tortoise, wandering in the long grass and streaming rain, between fire and ice in a sense
post #20 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Snow Leopard is a very old version of Mac OS. It's equally 'ancient/unupdateable Safari just crashes when I try to log in to SAS. The same happens with almost the last version of Seamonkey that will run on Snow Leopard (newer than Safari I think, it's a browser closely related to Firefox). Camino is a Mac-only browser that is also related to Firefox, but it was discontinued years ago. This site does login in Camino and seems to work ok, but obviously using such old software is a bad idea on any site.
Thank you for sharing what you found.
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page