SAS is dying - Page 7 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #121 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:13 AM
Devoted Dog Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Licker View Post
SAS is currently as dead as I have ever seen it before. It has been slowing down for quite some time now but lately it is easy to see how dead this site has become.

Do the owners have any plans on correcting this problem? The admins?

(I am asking out of curiosity though I already know the answer. No, there are no plans in place or this site wouldn't be in it's current state.)
How would this issue even be fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:20 AM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRAAGGEE View Post
How would this issue even be fixed?

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #123 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:23 AM
Devoted Dog Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post

Forums themselves are dying. People are mostly on social media, creating groups there, instead.

post #124 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:26 AM
post #125 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 04:44 AM
Dog Lover

My Mood: Cold
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post

Haha how dare you compare us to rats?
Shame on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live for the progress that you've made.
post #126 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 05:20 AM
Gone and not returning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrensik View Post
Haha how dare you compare us to rats?
Shame on you

Ikr! Rats are social creatures

But forreal, forums just are too antiquated now. The future is mobile touchscreen technology. Adapt or die.
post #127 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 08:06 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlbear View Post

But forreal, forums just are too antiquated now. The future is mobile touchscreen technology. Adapt or die.
I choose death because I believe that mobile touchscreen technology is evil. Me and many other people have observed at how this technology has changed society for the worst. I've seen many of the most tech minded people on youtube give up and encourage other people to give up smartphone technology. It takes you over and like absorbs your attention into the screen. People have actually walked off of cliffs, gotten in car accidents, and the list goes on. Sadly the end result is people die from it. I realize that this can start a whole argument, but truth be told, the tech companies make the apps and social media addictive on purpose. They don't care what it does to you, as long as it generates more money for them.
post #128 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:32 PM
lagrimas negras

I'm so tired of crying over this dying site. :/ How long before I can start to heal my broken heart.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #129 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:35 PM
SAS Member

This site is a lot like my life. It was exciting and had potential for many years, but now it's dying a slow and painful death.
post #130 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:42 PM
bipolar

It's quite funny really. Something popped up on my phone and I had a look - it was a comment by someone on a Facebook bipolar group I joined ages ago. Someone had taken offence with something someone else had said and said "this is a support forum."

I guess that's where everyone is going nowadays - this particular group is huge and very active. Makes sense I guess.
post #131 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:06 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Other forums like WrongPlanet seem to be doing fairly well in the age of social media. Somebody correct me if I'm just being salty, but I believe there's good reason to place the blame primarily on VerticalScope's incompetence.
post #132 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Dog Lover

Quote:

But I'm accessing this forum on my mobile touchscreen technology .

post #133 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I tend to prefer forums and private chats to group chats. I can find group chats overwhelming, so I'm a bit disappointed forums are dying. I just found out about this one maybe yesterday, so I hope it continues to be active for a while.
post #134 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:52 AM
SAS Member

post #135 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:43 AM
SAS Member

Language: English.
I rather go on Forums than social media. I come on here to get away from social media. Everyone on social media seems sort of fake to me, mostly because everyone posts the same meme I've seen over and over again or the same quote or something horrible going on in the world. I rather connect with people, than something that everyone else is doing. I will continue to keep on coming on here, regardless.

"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
post #136 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Dog Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSam218 View Post
I rather go on Forums than social media. I come on here to get away from social media. Everyone on social media seems sort of fake to me, mostly because everyone posts the same meme I've seen over and over again or the same quote or something horrible going on in the world. I rather connect with people, than something that everyone else is doing. I will continue to keep on coming on here, regardless.

I completely agree. God I love being able to write more then two words at a time and being able to fully express myself on a topic that actually means something to me. I feel so bad for these kids with there memes and 150 characters. They're really dumbing them down. It's very sad and scary to witness.

post #137 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Gone and not returning.

Semi-serious question - would you recommend SAS to most people? While it was once a valuable resource can it still provide the same to newcomers?
post #138 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:40 PM
I'm not OK (I promise)

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barakiel View Post
Other forums like WrongPlanet seem to be doing fairly well in the age of social media. Somebody correct me if I'm just being salty, but I believe there's good reason to place the blame primarily on VerticalScope's incompetence.
They are a significant part of it. People here have Googled them before and found people complaining and warning people not to sell the forum to that company.

It's difficult for a new forum to take off now, but existing forums that are well branded for a niche subject and have a certain culture have no problem sticking around yeah.

Anyway I guess this forum will die completely in about a year based on how much activity was lost even from this time in 2018 to now. There's still the other forum + Discord I guess but yeah I'll miss this place I guess since I've gotten used to it in a way I haven't other places and most people won't post on the other forum probably and also won't attract new posters.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

Call me morbid, call me pale
post #139 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:43 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Yep, sell it. Indeed, while a lot of people use FB and Reddit, I know several forums that are extremely high-traffic.

Quote:
Semi-serious question - would you recommend SAS to most people? While it was once a valuable resource can it still provide the same to newcomers?
If they reach out to active posters, yes. If they just post in threads, then not really, not enough traffic for a lot of replies to thread.[/B][/B][/B]

The world is quiet here.
post #140 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:11 PM
I'm not OK (I promise)

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...aybe-site.html

Quote:
Vertical Scope kills another good (well, maybe) site
Thanks a lot *******s.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/i-...admin.1708610/
https://hardforum.com/threads/its-ab...-died.1953154/

Quote:
I used to work for VerticalScope back in 2011. If you think OCN is barely recognizable now, just wait til the ads are injected everywhere. VS bought the forum to sell ads on, not to "support the community" as they'll tell you.
Further back in time:

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/202-q...icalscope.html

Quote:
All in all to conclude past 15 months under you have been a torture. The forum is filled with bugs, servers are more often slow than they are of acceptable speed and effort from your side towards improving things is non existent. Not only are not new people coming in, but old users are going away and a lot of it is down to you. You are killing this forum and you better take a 180 degree turn for the better or in 15 months there will be no one on XtraTime left to assess your work.
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads...g-forums.8961/

Quote:
Vertical Scope's business model is full of greed and they are a destroyer of thriving communities. Shun them. Flee. Reject the monetization of your hobbies and sending profits north of the border. Unless you live in Canada already and don't care. :
Post from this forum about someone investigating them before:

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...a-com-2212109/

Also didn't realise wrongplanet wasn't just an autism website, I've ended up there while googling stuff a few times. May check that out when this forum dies I guess. Though I dunno the transient nature of communication is sort of exhausting to me at this point.

Quote:
Wrong Planet is the web community designed for individuals (and parents / professionals of those) with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, PDDs, and other neurological differences. We provide a discussion forum, where members communicate with each other, an article section, with exclusive articles and how-to guides, a blogging feature, and more.
Regardless please don't buy that site or any other mental health websites Verticalscope (I feel like at a glance it's run by people who care so prob wouldn't happen but still,) kind of ****ty enough when you're ****ing up gun websites and the like but worse when it's mental health related.

Edit: lol just had a look there and already stumbled on one poster who's also on this forum (same avatar + username.)

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

Call me morbid, call me pale
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page