More Double Standards and Favoritism! - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,808
My Mood: Worried
Thumbs down

More Double Standards and Favoritism!


This is for the moderators - you don't have to reply here, you can PM if you want, but I do want this discussed because this is ****ing ridiculous!

(it has to do with a thread that was deleted in frustration/secondary disorders....I don't even remember where I posted it)
==============================================

Ok mods, I really, really need an explanation for this, because now I don't think that it's all in my head, I think that I really am being treated differently from other users under the same circumstances and that the moderation has some sort of grudge against me or something.

About a month and a half ago - November 15th - another user made this thread:

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...pathy-1657489/

The thread has not been deleted. The thread is still up. The moderators deemed it acceptable.

So what am I complaining about?

Well about 8 hours ago I made a very similar thread in the Frustration section (just like that thread), or maybe Secondary Disorders, can't even remember - same topic, similar manner of discussion - and it got deleted within 10 minutes!! Some moderator instantly deleted the thread, yet the other one stays up. And yet you guys are trying to tell me "if it was any other user, they would get the same treatment" or "it's all in your head". Oh really now? Same treatment, you say?

So what I want answered, mods:

1. What was wrong with my thread? Basically, why was my thread deleted?
2. Why is it ok for the other user (not mentioning his username, but you can see who it was if you click on the link I provided) to make a thread like that, but when I make a similar thread it gets deleted? Why the different treatment? Why the double standards? His thread is still up, but not mine.

So it's ok for him to make that kind of thread, but it's not ok for me.

Back when the thread was deleted 8 hours ago, there were 3 moderators online:
@CharlotteLydea @JamesM2 @senkora

^
I don't know which one of you deleted my thread, but I know it was one of you since you were the only mods online at the time. Please explain this for me. It doesn't matter to me if you reply directly on this thread, or you close it and then send me a PM but I need an explanation. Please explain, because I don't understand why another user can talk about this stuff but I can't.

Again.

1). Why was it deleted?
2). Why was the other guy's thread not deleted, then? Why the double standards? Why is it ok for him to do, but when I do the same thing, it's suddenly not ok?

Right, right, no double standards. It's all in my head
We treat everyone equally
UnusualSuspect is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 11:52 AM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 152,741
My Mood: Angelic
If there is already a valid, open thread about something, why start a second one about the same thing.

The topic is pretty scary to begin with - why have two of them?

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,808
My Mood: Worried
Thank for your input mm75. I am still hoping to get a reply from the exact moderator who deleted my thread.

There are plenty of threads about the same topics. I was sharing my experience, and my thread also had specific questions to ask other users.

So to the exact mod who deleted the thread, can you please explain! I want an explanation specifically from you.
UnusualSuspect is offline  
 
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Moderator
 
LydeaCharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Somewhere
Language: English (British), German to some extent.
Gender: Female
Age: 40
Posts: 7,022
My Mood: Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnusualSuspect View Post
This is for the moderators - you don't have to reply here, you can PM if you want, but I do want this discussed because this is ****ing ridiculous!

(it has to do with a thread that was deleted in frustration/secondary disorders....I don't even remember where I posted it)
==============================================

Ok mods, I really, really need an explanation for this, because now I don't think that it's all in my head, I think that I really am being treated differently from other users under the same circumstances and that the moderation has some sort of grudge against me or something.

About a month and a half ago - November 15th - another user made this thread:

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...pathy-1657489/

The thread has not been deleted. The thread is still up. The moderators deemed it acceptable.

So what am I complaining about?

Well about 8 hours ago I made a very similar thread in the Frustration section (just like that thread), or maybe Secondary Disorders, can't even remember - same topic, similar manner of discussion - and it got deleted within 10 minutes!! Some moderator instantly deleted the thread, yet the other one stays up. And yet you guys are trying to tell me "if it was any other user, they would get the same treatment" or "it's all in your head". Oh really now? Same treatment, you say?

So what I want answered, mods:

1. What was wrong with my thread? Basically, why was my thread deleted?
2. Why is it ok for the other user (not mentioning his username, but you can see who it was if you click on the link I provided) to make a thread like that, but when I make a similar thread it gets deleted? Why the different treatment? Why the double standards? His thread is still up, but not mine.

So it's ok for him to make that kind of thread, but it's not ok for me.

Back when the thread was deleted 8 hours ago, there were 3 moderators online:
@CharlotteLydea @JamesM2 @senkora

^
I don't know which one of you deleted my thread, but I know it was one of you since you were the only mods online at the time. Please explain this for me. It doesn't matter to me if you reply directly on this thread, or you close it and then send me a PM but I need an explanation. Please explain, because I don't understand why another user can talk about this stuff but I can't.

Again.

1). Why was it deleted?
2). Why was the other guy's thread not deleted, then? Why the double standards? Why is it ok for him to do, but when I do the same thing, it's suddenly not ok?

Right, right, no double standards. It's all in my head
We treat everyone equally
That thread was removed because I thought it was inappropriate for discussion at all. The other one you mentioned was allowed to stay up though, and clearly the mods were aware of it. So your topic has been restored to Frustration.

–his girl is a tortoise, wandering in the long grass and streaming rain, between fire and ice in a sense
LydeaCharlotte is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,647
What! the! ****! His post gets put back and mine doesn't!!
Wings of Amnesty is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 12:36 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 152,741
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Amnesty View Post
What! the! ****! His post gets put back and mine doesn't!!
What did you do?

It was restored for a consistency issue. That's not to say that there could be action down the road.....in either thread.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,808
My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteLydea View Post
That thread was removed because I thought it was inappropriate for discussion at all. The other one you mentioned was allowed to stay up though, and clearly the mods were aware of it. So your topic has been restored to Frustration.
Right. I see it now. Thank you
UnusualSuspect is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 01:00 PM
electric
 
a degree of freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 6,788
They are reminiscent of a contentious thread about violence toward women a couple months ago except that the discussion here is about past behavior. Both past animal cruelty threads should probably be considered borderline and may be removed if they cause trouble or cease to be therapy/recovery-oriented.

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
a degree of freedom is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,808
My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by senkora View Post
They are reminiscent of a contentious thread about violence toward women a couple months ago except that the discussion here is about the past. Both past animal cruelty threads should probably be considered borderline and may be removed if they cause trouble.
I was a CHILD, jeez...I don't do that stuff anymore, in fact, I love animals now

And same with the other user, he was a child too. He says he doesn't do it anymore.

So we both (me and the other user) learned our lessons and became better people.

Me as a kid
Me now
UnusualSuspect is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 01:14 PM
electric
 
a degree of freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 6,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnusualSuspect View Post
I was a CHILD, jeez...I don't do that stuff anymore, in fact, I love animals now

And same with the other user, he was a child too. He says he doesn't do it anymore.

So we both (me and the other user) learned our lessons and became better people.

Me as a kid
Me now
Hey, you can't post until I'm done editing! >_<

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
a degree of freedom is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,808
My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by senkora View Post
may be removed if they cause trouble or cease to be therapy/recovery-oriented.
Well recovery is irrelevant since I don't do that **** anymore. I was a child. I've already recovered. But hey, it might help someone who is still engaging in these behaviors, don't ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senkora
UnusualSuspect is awesome. He's the best.
Thank you, I agree.
UnusualSuspect is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 01:24 PM
electric
 
a degree of freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 6,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnusualSuspect View Post
Don't mind me too much; I take things super literally and unnecessarily personally--for teh lolz~
I know rite?

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
a degree of freedom is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,808
My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by senkora View Post
I know rite?
not for teh lolz, for the possible undiagnosed autism

but i didn't take "you can't post until i'm done editing" seriously, of course you were joking...so i'm not THAT autistic
UnusualSuspect is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 02:05 PM
SAS Member
 
shyvr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Gender: Male
Age: 41
Posts: 31,312
My Mood: Bitchy
Linking a similar thread can be good to back up your argument, but you shouldn't assume the mods see every thread that's been created. Generally, there will always be threads that break the rules which don't get seen, but it shouldn't be surprising to anyone. The mods can only try to minimize it as much as possible.
shyvr6 is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Bleep blorp blop bip boop
 
Evo1114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Age: 40
Posts: 3,799
My Mood: Lurking
People sure do like to whine about deleted posts/threads. Is this a new phenomenon? I imagine it's occurred in the past...now it is like daily though.

Best way to avoid having a post/thread deleted is don't post stuff that will get deleted.

You are the wave, I am the naked island.
Evo1114 is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 04:48 PM
electric
 
a degree of freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 6,788
Due to recent conflicts in the newer thread, I have closed both. I'm sorry @UnusualSuspect . I suggest not bringing up the topic again for a time, if at all.

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
a degree of freedom is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,647
Hey, senkora, I noticed you linked to <removed> as an example thread, I can't view that. Actually, I can't view forum/f46 at all. What is f46, is this a request to join section of the forum like 18+ is, that I'm missing out on?

[Staff Edit to remove link]
Wings of Amnesty is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 05:01 PM
I am average!
 
Ominous Indeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 25
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Amnesty View Post
Hey, senkora, I noticed you linked to <removed> as an example thread, I can't view that. Actually, I can't view forum/f46 at all. What is f46, is this a request to join section of the forum like 18+ is, that I'm missing out on?
I have never been to one of these sections. How do i get there. Incredible, so much porn in the children area, I wonder how the 18+ section looks
Ominous Indeed is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 05:12 PM
electric
 
a degree of freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 6,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Amnesty View Post
Hey, senkora, I noticed you linked to <removed> as an example thread, I can't view that. Actually, I can't view forum/f46 at all. What is f46, is this a request to join section of the forum like 18+ is, that I'm missing out on?

[Staff Edit to remove link]
Thank you! Fixed it.

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
a degree of freedom is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 05:17 PM
SAS Member
 
SusanStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norway
Gender: Female
Age: 37
Posts: 2,785
My Mood: Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvr6 View Post
Linking a similar thread can be good to back up your argument, but you shouldn't assume the mods see every thread that's been created. Generally, there will always be threads that break the rules which don't get seen, but it shouldn't be surprising to anyone. The mods can only try to minimize it as much as possible.
That was what I was thinking too. It's hard for us to see every thread that's created on this site.




SusanStorm is offline  
Reply
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome