Can I release my knowledge on my Blog? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Can I release my knowledge on my Blog?

I'm looking for a place to release my years of research on mental health for free. I've lost my interest in Mental Health and wanted to move on.

I wanted to make use of the personal Blog feature here available to me. Some of the topics will include content of religious nature which I had been prohibited on speaking about on the religious part of the forum. Being a blog I thought it wouldn't conflict that rule. I wouldn't be engaging in discussion or provoking anyone.

Would this be possible? If not I understand.

Regardless of the decision, I thank you anyway...

As a feedback suggestion, it would be better to have a section that supports dialogue or some way of expressing conflicting opinions without encouraging argumentation or at least making it hard. Sometimes our emotions get the better of us and because of that they get in the way...maybe each post could be reviewed before being made public.

Kind Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 10:53 PM
drifting in mist

Why not just release it in this thread or on Google docs or academia.edu
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelight View Post
Why not just release it in this thread or on Google docs or academia.edu

Hmmm, that seems like a great idea. I never knew I could do that. Thanks!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 01:31 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

It would be okay in your blog as long as it isnít breaking any of the rules, which includes not promoting any businesses or people. Religious content is also okay in your blog as long as you are not telling others that they need to follow the same religion as you or that bad things will happen to them if they do not believe.

It would be difficult to stop people from arguing with each other in a section meant for sharing differing opinions. That would be a debate forum, and it isnít really possible to have a debate without there being some sort of argument (which doesnít include attacking people who disagree. That can be stopped).

Approving all posts before they are made visible would be annoying for the mods to have to do as well as the members who have to wait for their posts to be approved, especially in busy threads. The best alternative I can think of is to start a thread in Society and Culture, but it wouldnít be likely to work in the way you would want.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 11:07 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
You were not prohibited from speaking about it. You were told to stop making new threads every time you wanted to speak about it and clogging up the forum with a bunch of threads about the same exact topic. I merged a bunch of your religious threads because they were basically all the same and asked if you could post in that thread instead if making a new thread every time you had something to say. Eventually, the tone of the conversation turned into (IIRC) you attempting to convert the people who responded to you and them not liking it and saying so and you continuing on.

To put it bluntly, Islam is probably not the dominant religion here but you were peppering the religious section with threads about Islam, which gave it the appearance that you were trying to make it harder for people to avoid those threads.

In summary, yes. You can make as many blog posts about it as you want to as long is they are not ridiculously over the line in their content. You can also moderate your own blog so that you can remove comments you don't like (I think anyway).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thank you both for the quick reply
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Out of curiosity how is the SEO doing on this site? would good personal Blog content give it a boost? I wouldn't mind helping with that...would the posts even be noticeable? those large tech companies evolve so quickly which makes me think they aren't really genuinely interested in helping certain classes of people...unless their is money involved if you get what I mean...
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page