Would you move into nature for health? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Would you move into nature for health?

Would you move away from the cities for the sake of your health? Do you think you would be better in a more isolated or simpler community closer to nature and away from this high tech world? I don't like the internet and all that anymore.

I just gave the thought of leaving everything and felt a relief in my stomach I haven't felt before like a load off my whole body was dropped. The muscles in my stomach became so loose.

I just want to live in nature as humble and simple as I can.

Going back to basics. From dirt I came to dirt I return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:40 PM
⚰️👻

My Mood: Dead
I kinda already live in nature, I hate the urban jungle's : /

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:42 PM
England

My dad lives in a barn near some woods he has running water but uses a generator for electricity. When I go there its like a slice of peace n now I get why ppl do it

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
I kinda already live in nature, I hate the urban jungle's : /

That sounds nice, must be beautiful. More oxygen in nature
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James10145 View Post
My dad lives in a barn near some woods he has running water but uses a generator for electricity. When I go there its like a slice of peace n now I get why ppl do it

Wow very lucky man. That's a wise choice....
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 01:00 PM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: None
I like living in non-crowded civilization that's close to nature. Would never live in a city or the wilderness.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 06:49 PM
Failure's Art

I'd love to live in a rural community in a wooded area somewhere remote like Maine or something or in a or small quaint town something like that. The only problem is all the jobs are in the city. No idea how I would support myself living out in the sticks.

Everybody knows you only live a day but it's brilliant anyway
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 08:11 PM
SAS member

Language: English, and hopefully fluent Japanese one day...
My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbasGreen View Post
Do you think you would be better in a more isolated or simpler community closer to nature and away from this high tech world?
No, I live in the mountains and people come back from Florida vacations, bringing their viruses with them

John 3:16 (NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
The place in this video looks nice, minus the car jacking bears:

I live about 25 minutes walk away from farmland there are some horses around, also 20 minutes away from ****ty urban areas. I like like big cities like London, and also more scenic places, I also really like the sea. The kind of built up urban boring dead end town kind of environment is the worst. This music genre seems to have a related aesthetic of photos that look like photos I've taken before in my town from my window or while nightwalking in my town and that's on point. I was thinking about this the other day:

Think this band are from the UK too lol.

https://soundcloud.com/the-virus-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 11:36 PM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
^ Some chocolate bars are too sweet, some are too bitter, but it looks like those bars were just right.

No. I'm afraid of bugs and terrified of bears and small towns are more dangerous for someone like me than a big city. I'll take my chances with the virus.

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 11:39 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Would it be quiet? I'm tired of hearing loud noise while relaxing at home. My neighbors, car traffic, train traffic, people talking loudly outside, construction, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, garbage trucks. I just want quiet.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-2020, 11:46 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Would it be quiet? I'm tired of hearing loud noise while relaxing at home. My neighbors, car traffic, train traffic, people talking loudly outside, construction, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, garbage trucks. I just want quiet.
You really hate those leaf blowers.

I actually sleep right through the lawn mowers and leaf blowers. Then run them right by my window. I hear them but my brain tunes them out the same way it does alarm clocks. If there's anything good about not being able to wake up very reliably by noise, it's that.

But my neighbors have started making terrible noises at all hours of the day and I can't sleep through that. Well, sometimes I can but mostly it wakes me up after an hour or so of constant banging and screeching and thrashing around like animals. Mostly this results in my being in a really pissy mood for most of the day and makes me want to start beating on the ceiling and screaming at them like a wild man.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 12:20 AM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Covid has at least been a reminder to me that you don't need much in life to be happy, and the slower pace to everything felt right to me.

Would love to slow it all down permanently and move out to the sticks, somewhere like the New Forest which isnt far from me, would be perfect

Tell 'em who the **** I am

SFC
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:11 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Unhappy

off grid

all humans need humans

i hate that

sure i not considered human. ideal definition
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:14 AM
⚰️👻

My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Yes well it's a different type of noise, where I live most of the time it's birds, farm animals, foxes maybe, cats fighting & the elements making noise, sometimes ATV's & farm machinery & we seem to be on some kind of flightpath for rescue helicopters that fly too low & nearly shake the house down at 4am the odd time :-)

I've stayed in cities briefly before & I really hate traffic noise, people talking & construction noise.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:34 AM
bipolar

I don't think I could ever move to the country. I like having people around me. Even very isolated beaches give me the creeps - I like ones with at least some people on them. I don't like them crowded but if no-one was there at all I'd hate it.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Yes. I hope I can at some point when i save enough money.

What is a man?
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:59 PM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

I think I would like to move to a city for a bit hah. Always been in the countryside.

What actually happens, in the countryside, is you get bored of the local scenery, because you live there, so you just stay indoors. Or that's what happens to me anyway. Be nice to walk around a city especially if it has interesting shops and so on.

I get the appeal though, but I would pick a busier place, but still one that isn't ugly. Its low priority for me though, tbh.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 03:19 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
A hybrid would be good, somewhere like Vancouver, Victoria, or Banff. City amenities but steps to mountains, ocean, and forest.

I wouldn't be able to live somewhere really cut off from civilization, and I haven't been as happy living in a city so cut off from nature.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 03:50 PM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: None
Quote:
Not unless you really get to the middle of nowhere. My parents have 2 acres and their house seems at least as noisy as my apartment, because the neighbors are always running chainsaws or shooting guns or who knows what else, and everybody in the neighborhood has outdoor dogs that bark at every deer. The more space you have, the more surrounding noise increases to maintain the annoyance level.

And even if you live 10 miles from the nearest person you could still get an animal waking you up at dawn every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
What actually happens, in the countryside, is you get bored of the local scenery, because you live there, so you just stay indoors
That only happens to me in flat places. Good 3D terrain never gets boring.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page