Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What is the most painful thing (physically) you have experienced?

650 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Alpha Tauri 
#1 ·
I broke my arm after falling off a 15ft wall.

#2 ·
I've been pretty lucky so far, no major injuries.

*Breaking/dislocating my big toe when I snagged it on a blanket while walking.

*Pulling a groin muscle while trying to reach something on a shelf.

*Touching an exposed nerve in a broken tooth. (I'd say this is the worst kind of pain I've ever experienced. Good thing it was so fleeting.)

*Recovering from having some jaw bone trimmed after tooth extractions.

*Multiple dry sockets at once, lasted about 3-4 days. This was a week or so ago. Even Norco barely touched the pain. (Granted, it was like seven years expired, but still.)

I had my gallbladder then my urinary bladder/urethra/appendix removed and two feet of colon repurposed and that was nothing compared to any of the above. :serious: In fact that Norco had been intended for the gallbladder removal but I never took any of it.

#4 ·
I dislocated my knee once. They had to call 911 because my kneecap was stuck in my side of my thigh and I couldn't stand or walk. The pain was tremendous. Worse than the pain though was the adrenaline that shot through my body when it happened. I thought I was going into shock or something the adrenaline rush was so intense.

#7 ·
Well, I've had some relatively painful injuries but nothing that really stands out as the worst. They pretty much all sucked the same way. I'm going with headaches. I've had headaches probably 3 days out of any given week since I was like 9 and the pain of an intense headache that won't quit is nearly unbearable. I've had so many of those that when someone says "painful" my mind snaps to "headache".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.