Should I go veg? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Should I go veg?

Question for anyone that knows the pros of becoming a vegetarian/vegan? I dont even know what the difference between the two is?

I dont really eat much meat except sometimes turkey or chicken. I have read that taking meat out of your diet may help with anxiety. I really want to do everything I possibly can to lower the degree of my anxiety, and I have really never been a big fan of meat anyways, please inform me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 10:19 AM

Vegetarians can eat things like fish and dairy, Vegans don't eat *anything* that comes from an animal.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 10:57 AM
SAS Member

how is a fish not an animal...I don't get it...

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 11:17 AM
She-Wolf

Vegetarians don't eat any meat at all - chicken, beef, fish, pork, etc. Vegans don't eat meat as well as any animal products - eggs, cheese, milk etc.

If you only want to do it to lower your anxiety...then I don't know how much it would help. I've never heard that a vegetarian diet lowers your anxiety and I've personally haven't experienced that.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm a vegetarian and still have plenty of anxiety.

And vegetarians don't eat fish! I don't give a rat's butt about "pesco"-vegetarians and all that crap - fish is still meat.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
m56
SAS Member

Vegetarians generally do not eat fish. Some avoid all meats/dead animals except fish and call themselves "pesco-vegetarians."

Vegans exclude everything vegetarians exclude (beef, poultry, pork, fish) and also exclude eggs, cheese and milk.

I would suggest going for it. I became vegetarian for similar reasons - I didn't much care for meat anyway, and it seemed a lot healthier, so why not make the change?
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
SAS Member

I wouldn't become a plant eater, plants provide us with oxygen They give us life. The escalating loss of plants, destruction of ancient rainforests to create food for vegetarians, more and more desert lands popping up, and the consequent increase of air pollution have all been traced to the single fact of plants in the human diet. Cows release harmful gasses into the air AND eat the plants that give us LIFE! There is NO other choice than to eat meat, because meat eaters are saving the planet while plant-eaters are slowly destroying it.

I know you can see me. Bad guys always see me. My plans suck. People die. It's always a mess.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:19 PM

I know fish isn't 'veg' but i was referring to a pesco-veg, just forgot the name. Sorry
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:37 PM

I am going to be switching to a vegan diet someday. Not necessarily for health benefits but just because I love animals. So I say go for it.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal_Son
I wouldn't become a plant eater, plants provide us with oxygen They give us life. The escalating loss of plants, destruction of ancient rainforests to create food for vegetarians, more and more desert lands popping up, and the consequent increase of air pollution have all been traced to the single fact of plants in the human diet. Cows release harmful gasses into the air AND eat the plants that give us LIFE! There is NO other choice than to eat meat, because meat eaters are saving the planet while plant-eaters are slowly destroying it.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:40 PM
SAS Member

Re: Should I go veg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mngirl
Question for anyone that knows the pros of becoming a vegetarian/vegan? I dont even know what the difference between the two is?

I dont really eat much meat except sometimes turkey or chicken. I have read that taking meat out of your diet may help with anxiety. I really want to do everything I possibly can to lower the degree of my anxiety, and I have really never been a big fan of meat anyways, please inform me!
I don't know if it helps with anxiety but your body will thank you for it. If you do become vegetarian/vegan you need to do some research so that you can make the switch safely.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And sorry, Melusine, I didn't mean to come across as snippy!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
what the hell?! what do you think cows eat before they're slaughtered? do you realize how much pollution is caused by raising animals for food? not to mention rainforest being cut down to graze cattle.
sorry, what you wrote is hilarious!

and Mngirl, if you want to go veg, i say go for it. just make sure to do some research online so you make sure you're eating a good diet. some good sites are http://www.goveg.com and http://www.veganoutreach.com. good luck!
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 07:10 PM
SAS Member

Also, don't eat gross plants for health reasons.

Medical studies prove that a Meatatarian diet is easier to digest, provides a wider range of nutrients and imposes fewer burdens and impurities on the body. Meatatarians are less susceptible to all the major diseases such as: Malnutrition, Green-colored excriments, Dreams of plants eating them, etc. They have fewer physical complaints, less frequent visits to the doctor, fewer dental problems and smaller medical bills. Their immune system is stronger, their bodies are purer, more refined and skin more beautiful as opposed to the pale, skeletal figure of most plant-eaters. Plus, Meatatarians don't have those protein deficiency marks on their finger nails! Why do you think they invented lee press-on nails? So that vegans and vegetarians could hide their shame!

I know you can see me. Bad guys always see me. My plans suck. People die. It's always a mess.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 08:02 PM
SAS Member

You should think pretty hard about it before you make that decision. A lot of people find that their health suffers on a vegetarian diet (me for instance).
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Also, don't eat gross plants for health reasons.

Medical studies prove that a Meatatarian diet is easier to digest, provides a wider range of nutrients and imposes fewer burdens and impurities on the body. Meatatarians are less susceptible to all the major diseases such as: Malnutrition, Green-colored excriments, Dreams of plants eating them, etc. They have fewer physical complaints, less frequent visits to the doctor, fewer dental problems and smaller medical bills. Their immune system is stronger, their bodies are purer, more refined and skin more beautiful as opposed to the pale, skeletal figure of most plant-eaters. Plus, Meatatarians don't have those protein deficiency marks on their finger nails! Why do you think they invented lee press-on nails? So that vegans and vegetarians could hide their shame!
gotta love those fat, lethargic, defensive meatatarians.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:58 AM

Ya know, I like being veg. It's harder to think of meals, granted, and harder to get the right nutrients. But I feel better about myself for not eating animals.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:17 AM
SAS Member

Many of those who have adopted a meatatarian diet have done so because of the ethical argument, either from reading about or personally experiencing what goes on daily at any one of the thousands of harvest fields in the U.S.

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Many of those who have adopted a meatatarian diet have done so because of the ethical argument, either from reading about or personally experiencing what goes on daily at any one of the thousands of harvest fields in the U.S.
please explain.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 06:27 PM
m56
SAS Member

heh. well some lil furry field creatures hopping around do get destroyed by the harvesting machines.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page