Random Health Thoughts - Page 98 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1941 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 02:50 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Saw a different doctor at the optometrist. Last time was the owner of the place, some chunky white guy with a beard (most of the underlings working in the front look eerily similar). This time was an Indian lady. She seemed to do an even more thorough job. Lots of testing of my peripheral vision and she kept showing me these little tiny letters and pushing for me to guess. Asked about my family history of illness, my alcohol and drug use, blah blah.

Same as last time, ocular pressure was high and they dilated the pupils to have a look at the back of the eye. Optic nerve looks okay. Prescription got worse again...ugh. My prescription was stable for 15 years but now it's getting worse gain.

I got a trial pair of lenses. CooperVision- Biofinity. I tried to get 2 trial pairs of lenses but the optometrist wouldn't go for it. They're kind of stingy with the trial lenses even though I know they get them for free from the contact lens manufacturers. I wanted to try Alcon- Air Optix also. See which is more comfortable.

I hate how they make you put on the trial lenses in the office and then have you take them off after to do the dilation and ocular pressure exam. The optometrist was like, "you can put those back in if you want" after it was all done. But I still had some of that eye drop meds in my eyes- the dilation drops and the numbing drops. I don't want to get that stuff on my trial lenses. So I brought the lenses back home in a contact lens case but the problem with that is how to keep it flat inside my backpack?? Freaking impossible. It kept flipping over and going sideways even though I put the case in my eyeglasses case. Was driving me batsh*t as I was grocery shopping (reason why I chose this optometrist is they are right near my favorite grocery stores).

For those that don't know:

Contact lens case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1942 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Acne is getting worse before better I guess??

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Had a sore throat for several weeks now.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #1943 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:50 AM
Trailer Trash Tranny

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Thanks, Kevin.

The best things in life are free, but so are the worst things. And you need money to avoid those.

post #1944 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Born Of Blotmonađ

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
All the docs day don’t worry about it but I’m worried, probably end up with colon cancer or some ****
post #1945 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:26 PM
SAS Member

Felt crappy at work on Monday. Nearly went home early. Thought it was due to not enough sleep/disturbed sleep. Disturbed sleep is pretty common for me though. Around 6:30pm, get home. DIARRHEA. PURE LIQUID. So then I thought maybe that's part of the reason I felt bad.

Last night my sleep was better and I felt much better at work today. Get home from work around 7:30pm, DIARRHEA immediately. Then more bouts of diarrhea later on.

Having poopy days has been common in the past few years but diarrhea is rare. I have no idea which food is the cause. Could be the curry I made for my work lunches. Or could be the raw cauliflower, broccoli, baby carrots I'm having for dinner (with dressing) this week. I did put some old potatoes and old red onion in the curry but both were thoroughly cooked. Frozen peas and carrots also went in. And fried tofu. I also ate raspberries (washed but not cooked of course) and roasted brussel sprouts (thoroughly cooked).

Man, it could be anything. Just hope the diarrhea doesn't happen at work. That would be bad. We don't have any single-user bathrooms.
post #1946 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:48 PM
You tell me

Keep waking up at 4:30 ish and staying awake for about an hour.
Also have a reactivated virus which is causing a rash, and another virus which caused a cold. Anxiety through the roof. I think I'm full of inflammation from subpar lifestyle and two viruses active in my system, and it's literally infiltrating my brain and messing with the neurochemistry. Hard to keep up with exercise though when you feel run down all the time.
post #1947 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 12:47 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Felt crappy at work on Monday. Nearly went home early. Thought it was due to not enough sleep/disturbed sleep. Disturbed sleep is pretty common for me though. Around 6:30pm, get home. DIARRHEA. PURE LIQUID. So then I thought maybe that's part of the reason I felt bad.

Last night my sleep was better and I felt much better at work today. Get home from work around 7:30pm, DIARRHEA immediately. Then more bouts of diarrhea later on.

Having poopy days has been common in the past few years but diarrhea is rare. I have no idea which food is the cause. Could be the curry I made for my work lunches. Or could be the raw cauliflower, broccoli, baby carrots I'm having for dinner (with dressing) this week. I did put some old potatoes and old red onion in the curry but both were thoroughly cooked. Frozen peas and carrots also went in. And fried tofu. I also ate raspberries (washed but not cooked of course) and roasted brussel sprouts (thoroughly cooked).

Man, it could be anything. Just hope the diarrhea doesn't happen at work. That would be bad. We don't have any single-user bathrooms.
Any way you could stop somewhere on your way to work and buy a salad instead of eating the raw vegs? Of course it would have to be a reputable place (Salads from fast food joints and other such places aren't safe, IMO).

Also microwaving your stuff (everything) for at least a minute or so would probably help some. Wouldn't kill everything but it might be enough.

/WYSD
post #1948 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 04:17 PM
Irreversibly Invisible

My Mood: Pensive
I'm so glad I discovered toothpaste for sensitive teeth.

It is the light she longs to find,
When she delights in learning more.
Her world is learning; it defines
The destiny she’s reaching for

- Marie Curie
post #1949 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 10:54 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Any way you could stop somewhere on your way to work and buy a salad instead of eating the raw vegs? Of course it would have to be a reputable place (Salads from fast food joints and other such places aren't safe, IMO).

Also microwaving your stuff (everything) for at least a minute or so would probably help some. Wouldn't kill everything but it might be enough.
Welp, I don't think it was the vegetables nor the curry. I've continued to eat those items all week. No diarrhea on Wednesday or Thursday night. I'm about to finish off the raspberries. I'll let you all know tomorrow if I get the runs tomorrow.

In other health news. I have a minor cold. Runny nose and mild fever. Might have gotten it from the Vietnamese lady that has 2 rugrats at home. She's always sick. Alway getting something from her little disease factories.
post #1950 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Diarrhea diaries ... I will tune in with much enthusiasm.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #1951 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 02:06 AM
SAS Member

No diarrhea. The plot thickens.

post #1952 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 03:05 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Awww 😞.......Got my hopes up, when I first saw that golden throne I thought it was that color for another reason.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #1953 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second

Nose a little stuffy

post #1954 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 01:06 PM
SAS Member

So stressed out over things that I'm throwing up everyday. Lowering my weed usage quite a bit because I need to be sharp and it does amplify the depressed feelings.

Also trying out the low lectin diet. So eating mostly broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and olive oil. Having a very small portion of meat, and little to no fruit or dairy.

“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.”

― Nelson Mandela
post #1955 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Retired Bingo Cook

My Mood: Happy
I have numbness on the bottom of my left foot. I'm going to go to MedExpress tomorrow morning. I am really worried, I hope it's not anything serious but I am really worried.

Making The Choice To Ride BMX Is An Opportunity To Become Infinitely Better At Something, There Is No Ceiling To Hit In The Realm Of Freestyle BMX.
post #1956 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 12:04 AM
Born Of Blotmonađ

post #1957 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 03:09 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Starting to get weird aches and pains from running, in my shins and right hip. I need to stop for a couple days. And I should probably start doing some strength exercises.

Language is a virus from outer space!

--William Burroughs; Laurie Anderson
post #1958 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second

I know I need more sleep just hard to find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha View Post
Why the **** do I have to piss so often
Hope its not diabetes

post #1959 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second

Been so cold need to stay healthy, been feeling a little off.

post #1960 of 1999 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Born Of Blotmonađ