New Weight Loss Support Thread - Page 38 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #741 of 756 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
Better.

Gym has sorted its **** out. Lots of cleaning stations now. My elbow (tendon?) still playing up. Its gotten gradually better over like 7 months, did one old exercise on the isolateral row (love that machine), and its in trouble again.

Other than that, everything progressing strangely well. Im still slowly recomping, somehow, 2500 calories, ish. The faintest hint of abs if you were being insanely optimistic today hahaha. I just cant hit biceps properly because of this damn tendon issue.

Pushing calories a little lower now to get weight down.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #742 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 05:24 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Weight loss is great, looking better and feeling better. I've dropped a few pounds in recent months which is good motivation to keep eating healthy foods. I also do intermittent fasting, don't really think about that now, but sort of just eat when hungry between sometime in afternoon and evening, once or twice is usually enough.

The main thing is health of course. A healthy body makes life better. I try to keep the insulin levels down and not get too stressed. Sometimes sleep is not the best.
post #743 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 06:55 AM
experimental sincerity

I went vegan a couple of months ago and in general started eating like a rabbit, and my weight is slowly dropping. I know I won't be this lucky forever - it will stabilise somewhere, demand that I exercise more, nearing winter will make cycling impossible etc...but currently it's wonderful. This morning I woke up with a flatter stomach than I've ever had before, and now I'm obsessively fantasising about having a six pack. It was never within reach, but now it maybe is. I'm dreaming hard.

It would be really nice to go from a guitar shape to a lean-and-mean build. I'd like to drop some of that ultra-femininity and be more dude. With tits.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!

post #744 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-09-2020, 09:38 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I haven't been able to lose the last stubborn 5-6 pounds I've gained. Maybe it's just age and the extra weight is here to stay.
post #745 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-22-2020, 08:25 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
I can't believe in just a matter of days how much better I feel. I've already lost weight since Sunday. Don't worry, I'm eating well enough.
post #746 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-23-2020, 05:35 AM
SAS Member

Down almost 4 pounds from last Sunday.
post #747 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-29-2020, 01:06 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisigv View Post
Awesome, great job!
post #748 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-29-2020, 01:31 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8888 View Post
Awesome, great job!
Thank you
post #749 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-30-2020, 06:28 AM
SAS Member

I'm down another 2.6 pounds this week. I'm very happy with this. I'm so glad I got back into this.
post #750 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 05:51 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
I can't believe in just a matter of days how much better I feel. I've already lost weight since Sunday. Don't worry, I'm eating well enough.
Quote:

Quote:
I'm down another 2.6 pounds this week. I'm very happy with this. I'm so glad I got back into this.
Congratulations! How did you do this so quickly?!!!!

I read about the 16/8 Intermittent fasting but I also learned about light spiritual fasting where you fast on your dinner, then lunch and lastly breakfast or something like that like the saying to eat your breakfast like a king, your lunch like a queen and your dinner like a beggar, and like I heard that you shouldn't eat a lot for dinner since it's easy to gain weight, you don't get to exercise it off.

Thanks for your reply.
post #751 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 07:01 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Congratulations! How did you do this so quickly?!!!!

I read about the 16/8 Intermittent fasting but I also learned about light spiritual fasting where you fast on your dinner, then lunch and lastly breakfast or something like that like the saying to eat your breakfast like a king, your lunch like a queen and your dinner like a beggar, and like I heard that you shouldn't eat a lot for dinner since it's easy to gain weight, you don't get to exercise it off.

Thanks for your reply.
Hey, thanks! I'm not doing any fasting, I've never tried it before. I'm using weight watchers. I'm tracking everything I eat, so I'm more conscious about it. I've stopped mindlessly snacking. I think that was my biggest problem. Also, I've cut down on breads, if I do have it, it's only for one meal. Basically, just think about what your doing/eating and your body will follow.
post #752 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Hey, thanks! I'm not doing any fasting, I've never tried it before. I'm using weight watchers. I'm tracking everything I eat, so I'm more conscious about it. I've stopped mindlessly snacking. I think that was my biggest problem. Also, I've cut down on breads, if I do have it, it's only for one meal. Basically, just think about what your doing/eating and your body will follow.
Hi wow I guess just some little things helped a lot and so quickly. So weight watchers is an exercise program?
I track the things I eat too. I have no sugar in my house now anymore except for the natural sugar in the fruit I eat, and unpasteurized honey in which I'm going to try not to eat too unless I really can't stand it. I also cut out white flour in my diet and will only eat the last of anything with white flour that I have which is not much, only as much as for 1 meal. Otherwise, my diet is good/healthy. I do not want to eat too much bread either and I also think I should not eat too much oil even if it's a good oil and I don't think I should drink anymore milk either as I did for a while. Very currently today I'm so trying to keep myself up from morning to night 10pm. Wake up on time and sleep on time, that's one thing I failed in, this cycle, at least I need to be successful in that if I want to lose weight and have a good metabolism since I'm already on medication that caused me to be overweight. I also am really going to try to exercise every day. That is the second thing I have to do. I need to do that and I'm extremely serious about it in my mind. it seems very, very hard to do these things but I've gained weight during the virus pandemic and I would say that others would've as well but I know people like you who are rather losing weight during this time too and that's what I want too!
This thread is nice as a lot of people with mental health issues take medication that cause them to gain weight so it's great to know ways in which you can lose weight. Sorry for writing so much. Thank you and you're welcome!
post #753 of 756 (permalink) Old 08-31-2020, 07:26 PM
SAS Member

I did everything I set the goal for today except one thing, I went to sleep for 3 hrs and I have to sleep on time as closely to the time I set for doing.
post #754 of 756 (permalink) Old 09-04-2020, 03:05 PM
SAS Member

I bought a weighing scales today to speak truth in to my life and the truth that it spoke was that I am obese. Turns out I weigh 92.45kg and since I am only 170cm tall that is significantly too much. On the plus side today I started to try and do something about it. A sold hour's exercise part walking, part jogging. Aiming to lose about 10kg however long that takes. Wish me luck!

Hi my name is Matt. How are you today?
"The box will have wings like an aeroplane. And you ask where will it take you? Home I will say"
post #755 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 01:12 AM
slave

Been slowly getting back to walking regularly and also doing workouts.
post #756 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

I don't actually know what my weight is atm.. well I do, but I started taking preworkout a couple of weeks back which has creatine in, which totally ****s with weight. I got down to 215lbs again, then it went up to 222 on creatine, its now at 218 again, so am hoping I am around 212 non creatine. Might be wishful thinking. Hah.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page