New Weight Loss Support Thread - Page 34 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #661 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:49 AM
⚰️👻
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spittoon 🕸️🕷️
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,269
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post

lol
.. Sorry I couldn't help it, I'm gonna get reprimanded for funny behavior






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #662 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 122
It's so hard to stay on track when you're depressed. Didn't end well yesterday or start well today. Feel like a failure.
TopShelfHeart is offline  
post #663 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,674
Well, my squats sucked today. I'm just not where I need to be and I'm out of time. I think I might just do bench and deadlift at this meet. Then work on squat and try again next year. I got my deadlift goal I've been after for years, so it's not a total loss.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfHeart View Post
It's so hard to stay on track when you're depressed. Didn't end well yesterday or start well today. Feel like a failure.
You're not failing as long as you keep trying. Going through rough patches, losing progress, gaining it back, it's all part of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
 
post #664 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 12:51 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
You're not failing as long as you keep trying. Going through rough patches, losing progress, gaining it back, it's all part of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm trying to not beat myself up over the setbacks. You're right. I'm human and life happens but it's hard to remember that and not think I've failed.
TopShelfHeart is offline  
post #665 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Well, my squats sucked today. I'm just not where I need to be and I'm out of time. I think I might just do bench and deadlift at this meet. Then work on squat and try again next year. I got my deadlift goal I've been after for years, so it's not a total loss.
Try not to stress too much.. sounds like you have done very well where you could. Especially where the body is concerned, sometimes it just wont play along and we can't do a damn thing about it. I think that decision is a good one focus on what you can do well .

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
SplendidBob is offline  
post #666 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Try not to stress too much.. sounds like you have done very well where you could. Especially where the body is concerned, sometimes it just wont play along and we can't do a damn thing about it. I think that decision is a good one focus on what you can do well .
Thanks and I know it, I'm just hard on myself. The original plan three months ago was just achieve a 700lb deadlift. Then after a long time unable to bench I was miraculously able to bench again and I hit the 405lb front squat, then I got greedy I guess and wanted to do it all.

I got the deadlift and could realistically hit 420-430lbs on bench next Saturday judging by recent progress. Today was I think the fifth time I've done back squat since around April and I hit 480x1 at maybe RPE 9.5. Could probably hit 500lbs at max effort. With all that I'd only be like 15lbs shy of my 1642lb goal. That's what's aggravating, but it was a lot to expect with so little time back to doing back squats. I expected too much. You just get on a roll and get overly optimistic sometimes, especially after long periods of being stuck.

It was all worth it for the 700lb deadlift though. That's huge for me. Besides myself now I've only seen 700+ three times in real life. I've already signed up for full power and paid the fee. I'm gonna think on it over the weekend. Then either email the director and see if I can switch to push pull or just proceed as is. I guess I could always get more greedy and try to spread that 15lbs out between all three lifts and see what happens. Or if they won't let me switch and I'm not feeling up to it just take a token squat attempt and save my energy for the other lifts. I don't know yet.

But yeah, it sucks when your body just won't cooperate. If you saw how I'm limping around at the moment you wouldn't think I could lift much of anything, lol. I'm ready to lose a little weight and get healed up.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #667 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
@JH1983 yeh, I remember you talking about the 700lbs deadlift goal. Awesome .

Hope the comp goes well whatever you decide , and be nice to get back to the weight you prefer and get healed.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
SplendidBob is offline  
post #668 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
Down to 220lbs now. 20lbs in two months. Never lost weight so quickly. Break ups good for that hah.

Am now making more of an effort to take care of my protein (have let it slip), and have finally designed myself a program that hits what I hope are the correct amount of volume for each bodypart per week. Have been dicking around in the gym just lifting and making no progress for a couple of months now.

Am going to try to squeeze some improvement on each movement each week. Even though the ridiculous deficit I am in atm doesn't make that seem likely .

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
SplendidBob is offline  
post #669 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:48 PM
SAS Member
 
EndTimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 589
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Down to 220lbs now. 20lbs in two months. Never lost weight so quickly. Break ups good for that hah.

Am now making more of an effort to take care of my protein (have let it slip), and have finally designed myself a program that hits what I hope are the correct amount of volume for each bodypart per week. Have been dicking around in the gym just lifting and making no progress for a couple of months now.

Am going to try to squeeze some improvement on each movement each week. Even though the ridiculous deficit I am in atm doesn't make that seem likely .
Congrats on losing weight. I remember you using an avatar of yourself? and you didn't look like you needed to lose weight... How tall are you if I may ask?

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
EndTimes is offline  
post #670 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
Congrats on losing weight. I remember you using an avatar of yourself? and you didn't look like you needed to lose weight... How tall are you if I may ask?
Thanks EndTimes.

I am getting nearer to a weight where I feel more ok in myself. I don't feel obviously overweight like I did at 240 or 250. I feel most comfortable at 200 ish (when I was there before anyway). Aiming for 205 this time (I must have put on 5lbs of muscle lol, I hope hah) and see how I feel.

Am somewhere between 6ft 1.5 and 6 ft 2. If people ask irl, 6 ft 2 lol.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
SplendidBob is offline  
post #671 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 04:53 PM
Social experimenter
 
asittingducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 713
I gained a lot of weight too, but it has more to do with being unequipped to deal with crappy and ignorant people on a daily basis.
asittingducky is offline  
post #672 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Thanks EndTimes.

I am getting nearer to a weight where I feel more ok in myself. I don't feel obviously overweight like I did at 240 or 250. I feel most comfortable at 200 ish (when I was there before anyway). Aiming for 205 this time (I must have put on 5lbs of muscle lol, I hope hah) and see how I feel.

Am somewhere between 6ft 1.5 and 6 ft 2. If people ask irl, 6 ft 2 lol.
I'm like 5'9.5" barefoot, but I'm 5'10" if anyone asks lol. Also congrats on reaching 220lbs. I'll be right there with you getting down to 205-210lbs after this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #673 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 06:33 PM
SAS Member
 
ravens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gender: Male
Age: 50
Posts: 11,949
I got my weight down to 160 from a high of 260 pounds about 4 years ago and weighed last week at 196. Started walking again and have been walking for 30 minutes a day. I've been eating too much junk food so stopping that and have been eating fruits instead. Today I weighed 192 pounds.
ravens is offline  
post #674 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:31 AM
SAS Member
 
Glue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,054
I'm down to 187.6 lbs from 215 lbs. only took me a year and a half to get here. pretty abysmal progress but better than nothing, i guess. going to take this a bit more serious and hope I can get to my goal weight (145 lbs) by summer
Glue is offline  
post #675 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glue View Post
I'm down to 187.6 lbs from 215 lbs. only took me a year and a half to get here. pretty abysmal progress but better than nothing, i guess. going to take this a bit more serious and hope I can get to my goal weight (145 lbs) by summer
Well done . Not at all abysmal. There aren't any bonus points for doing it quickly, in fact, its probably better to do it slowly, all things considered. You are almost half way to your weight goal, I think that's the most productive (and factual) way to perceive it.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
SplendidBob is offline  
post #676 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 07:01 AM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,674
Recap of the meet:

Weighed in Friday morning at 99.9kg

Saturday lifting began at 9:30am

Squat
1st.) 205kg
2nd.) 215kg
3rd.) 227.5kg

Bench press
1st.) 175kg
2nd.) 185kg
3rd.) 195kg miss

Deadlift
1st.) 290kg
2nd.) 305kg
3rd.) 320kg miss

717.5kg/1580lbs total

I can't help but feel disappointed with this. The squat I probably could've went 10kg higher and the bench I think I would've gotten if I'd went just 2.5kg lower. Deadlift I just blame on the meet lasting ten hours and just being too tired since I'd done just under 320kg a couple weeks ago. That last deadlift was after 7pm.

On the bright side the squat and successful bench were small PRs and the total was a PR. I definitely see plenty of room for improvement on squat and I can also see a 200kg bench being a possibility in the near future.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #677 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:50 AM
Death is my comforter.
 
NotFullyHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Japan
Language: English, Japanese, Melanesian Pidgin-English.
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Posts: 208
My Mood: Cool
Long term wise, is lifting heavy weights bad for the joints? They say even jogging is not good for the knees!


BTW, I've managed to keep my weight down at about 176lbs. 2018 July, I was a solid 229lbs.
NotFullyHere is offline  
post #678 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:06 AM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFullyHere View Post
Long term wise, is lifting heavy weights bad for the joints? They say even jogging is not good for the knees!


BTW, I've managed to keep my weight down at about 176lbs. 2018 July, I was a solid 229lbs.
Probably not if you're talking really heavy weight. I was talking to the other top guys at the meet and pretty much all of us had been injured pretty recently in some way. Part of the sport, I guess. There was a man and woman both over 70 years old competing though.

Congrats on the weight loss. 50lbs is a lot to get off and keep off.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #679 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,790
Hovering around 221 atm. Body seems to be doing its recomping thing again. Going to start making a rough estimate of calories through the day just to keep things ticking over.. am only 10lbs from my goal for now.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
SplendidBob is offline  
post #680 of 756 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 03:21 PM
SAS Member
 
Glue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,054
186.8 lbs today (187.6 lbs last Monday). Less than a pound lost. Not bad considering I had a cold and didn't workout for a few days and ate like ****. Gonna try to hit 185 by next Monday
Glue is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Weight Loss Competition BeardedMessiahBob Health, Nutrition, Exercise and Supplements 63 05-31-2018 08:32 AM
Election Results Emotional Support Thread Carolyne Frustration 54 02-11-2017 04:44 PM
Paxil and Weight Loss Metallic Medication 6 10-18-2009 12:05 PM
5 Things about weight loss SloopjohnB Health, Nutrition, Exercise and Supplements 10 05-20-2009 03:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome