Social Anxiety is correlated with Low Quality of Life - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
Having to had been diagnosed with GAD and one 'of the worse' disorders, I will say that anxiety just puts the icing on the cake. Still don't think that one disorder should outweigh another.
In any event, Saarni said, “Most striking to me has been the large impact of anxiety disorders and dysthymia, all of which have traditionally been considered neurotic, milder conditions. Anxiety disorders especially have not been high treatment priorities in comparison to depression, even though good evidence-based pharmacological and psychological treatments exist [for the anxiety disorders]. For example, the World Health Organization/World Bank burden-of-disease studies did make the impact of depression well known, but failed to include most anxiety disorders.”

Can you move this to "Research Studies, Trials and News" I may have posted this in the wrong section lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 05:30 PM
See? No more pain

Language: American English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow123 View Post
I found the research to be quite interesting and had to share it. If you are looking for advice then I would suggest going to coping with social anxiety.
That's where I was confused. It was posted under frustration so I figured it upset you for some reason.

Not looking for advice currently, at least regarding social anxiety. But thanks.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-21-2020, 02:13 PM
SAS Member

Language: Eng.
very controversial and difficult issue

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-21-2020, 04:55 PM
SAS Member

I felt validated by this information. I have severe treatment resistant Social Anxiety Disorder and feel at the end of my rope. I feel that doctors (psychiatrists) don't take anxiety as seriously as depression, bipolar disorder, or psychotic disorders. My reality is a nightmare right now and I have severe severe anxiety and I have tried most medications. I personally know many people who live well with Bipolar and other conditions as long as they take there medications consistently. For me nothing is working and its frustrating. Sorry went on a tangent lol. The Bottom line is this research is invaluable to the sufferer and maybe it will help spread awareness and change in the views and opinions of medical professionals and the general public.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSunset30 View Post
I felt validated by this information. I have severe treatment resistant Social Anxiety Disorder and feel at the end of my rope. I feel that doctors (psychiatrists) don't take anxiety as seriously as depression, bipolar disorder, or psychotic disorders. My reality is a nightmare right now and I have severe severe anxiety and I have tried most medications. I personally know many people who live well with Bipolar and other conditions as long as they take there medications consistently. For me nothing is working and its frustrating. Sorry went on a tangent lol. The Bottom line is this research is invaluable to the sufferer and maybe it will help spread awareness and change in the views and opinions of medical professionals and the general public.
Spot on.

This would open path to explore new ways of treatment.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Belz View Post
very controversial and difficult issue
Controversial in what way?

It all comes down to the individual. But the point of this medical journal is to study the effects of disorder on a day to day basis. And surprising result such that anxiety users have a lower quality of life may help psychiatrist to take anxiety disorder more seriously compared to psychotic ones. The point of this is not saying x is worse than y or vice versa. This may help create pathway to better treatment options
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Who would have thought anxiety permeating conventional day to day experience for years on end would make a person's life less happy.
I agree with you but I feel like this research was very interesting will be useful for developing new treatment options.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2020, 08:06 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Scared
i want 3 million dollar or euro compensation from government or somekinda special institution for this disability where i can get it?
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 12:27 AM
halfway there

Well, hopefully this will be reflected in policy changes. Less stigma towards SA, more accommodations at work.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 09:53 PM
SAS Member

I can live with the social anxiety. I've lived with it (severe social anxiety) for 27+ years now. Even had selective mutism as a teen. It hardly even bothers me 98% of the time. I love being alone. I love traveling alone and doing everything alone. I think it depends on how introverted you are. I'm extremely introverted. I'm the type who can be perfectly happy not interacting with any humans for a month. I rarely feel lonely. And that's good because the idea of interacting with a human is intimidating.

It's the generalized anxiety disorder and ruminating thoughts that's a bittch sometimes. And I get depressed occasionally.
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-14-2020, 10:35 PM
SAS Member

That is a very interesting finding. Interesting results. I've suffered terribly with my SA, so I kind of feel validated by this study.

Thanks for posting it.🙏

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page