Who has had success with therapy and what kind? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 02:22 PM
SAS Member

You need to find a therapist who you feel comfortable with. With me, I tried talking to a few different therapists before I found the right one, and she has helped me to improve immensely in the past year. Still not quite there yet, I still have a little speed bump to go over when it comes to finding work and going back to school, but I'm way better than where I was a year ago. I do have insurance, so it's not too expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 PM
SAS Member

Has anyone ever tried hypnotherapy? I am trying it this weekend. She is a registered therapist and her specialty is fears and phobias. I will need three sessions. I'll let you know how it goes.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin17 View Post
Has anyone ever tried hypnotherapy? I am trying it this weekend. She is a registered therapist and her specialty is fears and phobias. I will need three sessions. I'll let you know how it goes.
Please do let us know how this goes? My GP had mentioned hypnosis as a form of therapy.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 07:10 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
I'm seeing if I can try it out, on a trial basis-- via work there is a benefit of a fixed number of sessions of therapy, for free. I'll see what's up this week.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"
Stan Lee, 1962
http://hypestyle.newsvine.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page