What CBT handouts did you read today? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post

First of all, I want to say thank you, I love your threads man. I believe you're going to beat this, you have determination.
Thank you. I hope you're right.

"The Patriarchy is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Accepting Myself As I Am Right Now
-Fighting Paradox
-Two Competing Neural Pathways In Your Brain

"The Patriarchy is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
post #43 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Seeing The Present
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #44 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox
-How You See Yourself & The World

post #45 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 04:28 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
-ANTs
-De-stressing strategies
-The social anxiety automatic cycle
-Accepting myself as I am right now
-Turning the Tables on the ANTS - Part one, two and three
-Changing Brain Chemistry Permanently
-Mingling
-Conversations
post #46 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 05:37 PM
SAS Member

Sounds like a good program. I hope you stick with it. I'm interested to see if it helps.
post #47 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #48 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

day 35

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #49 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #50 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 09:54 AM
SAS Member

I don't understand. Does every CBT program from every therapist in the world use the exact same handouts?
post #51 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #52 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Attitudes
-Fighting Paradox

post #53 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Attitudes
-Fighting Paradox

post #54 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:58 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho35 View Post
I don't understand. Does every CBT program from every therapist in the world use the exact same handouts?
There's a wide variety of CBT therapies for countless different disorders, and unfortunately even with CBT specific to social anxiety I don't believe there is any standardized method and step by step process for social anxiety CBT. The handouts mentioned in the topic are from the Social Anxiety Institute's step by step audio/online series. There's more info/links/prices on the first page of this topic, just look for my post there.

The series comes from a former social anxiety sufferer who has been treating social anxiety exclusively and researching and taking experience from paitents and crafting the series for 20 years since 1993. The first version was released around 2003 and there was most recently a major overhaul and update last year.

Also as Esteban said, he's not a therapist, not a CBT group leader, or anything like that. The topic is mostly meant for self motivation and accountability. For comprehensive info on CBT and the audio series, the treatment review topic for the program and the social anxiety institute website would be your best bet.
post #55 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Attitudes
-Fighting Paradox

post #56 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Attitudes
-Fighting Paradox

post #57 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

day 42

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Attitudes
-Fighting Paradox

post #58 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 02:04 AM
Still Going Nearly There

Thought changing cards worksheets Automatic thoughts
Rational response:
I can have a positive attitude that will make even difficult things easier
I Know that most of my fear are not based on facts
I can keep my fears in perspective and not let them overwhelm me.
I can learn to relax about the things that make me anxious rather than letting them affect my body.
Worrying about something will not help; it will only make me feel more powerless.

Therapy printout
Prevent old problems form re-emerging
  • Keep track of your emotions/stories that kept you feeling anxious depressed
  • Identify situations or events that represent "high risk" situations for yourself (big changes in your life or the old triggers)
  • Maintain a balanced lifestyle consistent with your values, preferences and aspirations
  • Develop a wellbeing plan of what you have learned in therapy
Wellbeing Plan
What have I learned in therapy about my problems?
What changes have I made?
What are my areas of vulnerability?
What do I need to work on my vulnerability?
What should I do if I have a setback?
What Strengths do I have?

"I am always with you"
Matthew 28:20

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8
Books:
Living with it
A Survivor's Guide to Panic Attacks
By Bev Aisbett
Power Thoughts Joyce Meyer
(In process of reading)
post #59 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 04:26 AM
SAS Member

CBT doesn't work for INFJs. Just saying.

Is there a light, at the end of the road?
post #60 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Attitudes
-Fighting Paradox

I start session seven today.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page