What CBT handouts did you read today? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

"The Patriarchy is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

"The Patriarchy is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
post #23 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

post #24 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

Doing this for an hour each day is really starting to pay off. I've been able to go and do things without worrying excessively about them. I've also been able to joke around with people, make eye contact, and express various issues I have without feeling much anxiety. I'm making really good progress. I look forward to doing even better as I continue to do CBT. I'm positive that doing this, in addition to exercise, meditation, and medication will considerably reduce my anxiety and pointless negativity.

post #25 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Worrying
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

post #26 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

post #27 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 02:59 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
The fighting Paradox
De-stressing strategies
The social anxiety automatic cycle
Turning the tables on the ANTs - Part One
Accepting myself as I am

Can we discuss this on something like Skype please? I would love to have a buddy who I can do this with.
post #28 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitko View Post

Can we discuss this on something like Skype please? I would love to have a buddy who I can do this with.
Sure. PM me your Skype.

post #29 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

post #30 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Accepting Myself As I Am Right Now

post #31 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements

post #32 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox
-Two Competing Neural Pathways In Your Brain

EDIT: I had a fairly intense triggering experience, so I went ahead and read over the above handouts a second time today in slow talk.

post #33 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 02:37 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Psychedelic
Does anyone else think that it's stupid getting all of these handouts? There are so many! It's like being back at school, when the teacher can't be bothered to teach...
post #34 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #35 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #36 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 11:01 PM
SAS Member

ANTs
ANTs
ANTs
ANTs
and more ANTs
post #37 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

Today marks the 28th day I've been doing this therapy consistently. I am making very good progress in overcoming my automatic negative thoughts. I am feeling very relaxed, optimistic, and happy.

post #38 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

post #39 of 347 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 08:52 PM
SAS Member

@Esteban

-ANTs
-Seeing The Present
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

First of all, I want to say thank you, I love your threads man. I believe you're going to beat this, you have determination.
I copied reading your list today and recorded myself reading aloud the first five. I plan to play those back to myself while at work next week. I don't like the sound of my own voice and it will be good to try to accept it, and also do a before and after recording.
Many of those I read for the first time. Those are extremely powerful, I can see how this particular CBT therapy by Dr. Richards is so effective. Simply awesome
I will keep posting here as often as I can. Thanks again.
post #40 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-ANTs
-Deserving Statements
-Power Statements
-Fighting Paradox

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page