Treatment of dermatitis - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Treatment of dermatitis

A friend of mine suffered from seborrheic dermatitis a long time ago, and was treated and treated many times, but was recurrent. Is there a cure for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 12:04 AM
Joz
SAS Member

I think any type of dermatitis/eczema is quite complicated to get rid of. Maybe your friend should do an allergy test, use special soaps etc and wear clothing made from more breathable materials. I had eczema behind my knees and on my elbow creases but it was gone by the time I was 11. And I get dermatitis on my hands if I do a lot of cleaning so have to wear gloves to help prevent it.

Hopefully your friend can figure out a solution 🙂
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 09:43 AM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Mine flares up if I eat cake or candy, or if I get too stressed out.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 01:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I've got Psoriasis and have had it for years. It 'flares' and wanes but is always around. I do photo-therapy which has been very effective at managing it and keeping it from spreading.
I would really like to get an allergy test as well to see if there are things I could avoid to help even more. My previous dermatologist dissuaded me from getting a test because the said I might find out I was allergic to things, then eliminate them from my life, but see no improvement - WTF? That is the dumbest thing I've heard from a medical professional. I think they just wanted to keep getting my money from treatment, rather than see me find a cure through diet.

Has anyone here gotten an allergy test? Did you get it paid for by insurance?

It'll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls, for the times they are a changing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page