they asked me , do you want to start with meds or without ?! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

they asked me , do you want to start with meds or without ?!

i got assigned to a running therapy for depression and anxiety , there is this option to strart with meds or without.

its a little therapy before i will begin with cbt (waiting time).

i first said yes , but now i think i made a mistake . i spoke to others they said it's better to start without meds to see how it progress.

what would you choose , bc i have troubels with "choice"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Overcomed

I'd rather start without meds since the problems is in your brain not in your health, meds can't do anything long term, good luck with the therapy and CBT.

"Often the difference between a succesful man and a failure is not one's better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, take a calculated risk, and to act."
"A healthy mentality is the one that should try to fix the things that doesn't work well, not leave and cope with them."
"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him."
http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...xiety-1585210/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty7 View Post
I'd rather start without meds since the problems is in your brain not in your health, meds can't do anything long term, good luck with the therapy and CBT.
thanks for the reply , i was thinking the same only my therapist pushed me that way bc she said you feel so down (depres...) its better to take meds. but i do i agree with your explanation.

i know what to do now ...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page