Psychedelic Medicine, Therapy and Science - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 12:54 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,185
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
If you're like me and open to psychedelics, but don't react well with them, and want to get in touch with your deeper/truer self, focus on your dreams. Dreaming is a psychedelic trip every night, deep diving into the deepest recesses of your consciousness freely.

The more I focus on my dreams, the more I start realizing what I need to be focusing on in waking life. Its like your whole brain is sending you a message in a bottle every single night, and you just gotta read it. Takes a lot of effort to decode, and most of the time you'll never know for sure but the effort you spend trying to analyze your dreams will help you.
Dreams are natures psychedelics lol.
sad1231234 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 08:11 PM
RMS
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Dreams are natures psychedelics lol.
Ignoring the fact that nature produces a lot of psychedelic plants I agree with you.

Dreams are trippy. Pure hallucination and delusion without even an anchor of objective reality. At least on a trip its all based on distorted reality. In a dream there's absolutely no reality, its all being churned up by your unconscious mind.
RMS is offline  
post #63 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:42 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,185
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
Ignoring the fact that nature produces a lot of psychedelic plants I agree with you.

Dreams are trippy. Pure hallucination and delusion without even an anchor of objective reality. At least on a trip its all based on distorted reality. In a dream there's absolutely no reality, its all being churned up by your unconscious mind.
Yeah there are countless psychedelics out there in nature, including ones we havent found yet and ones that the government hasnt gotten its filthy evil clutches on.

There are theories, often suggested by highly experienced psychonauts, that dreams are caused largely due to small amounts of DMT(dimethyltryptamine, as you probably know) within the human brain that is secreted every night. The reasoning behind these theories is that not only has DMT been found to be in most plants/animals and possibly in humans, but also that a dream seems to largely resemble some level of a DMT trip, especially in the way a dream fades away. If this is true, then everyone is a violater of the Schedule bla bla bla code of drug use.
sad1231234 is offline  
 
post #64 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 03:37 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,185
My Mood: Amazed
I just noticed how inactive this thread is and i feel like it is a real shame, because the world would benefit so much if more people took psychecelics, but unfortunately most people will never know what they're missing out on.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaps3 View Post
I've really had a serious benefit from taking psychedelics. It lets you see your true self and reality as it is. I love no-BS stuff and they are it. It allows you to boil down the feelings that you have and understand them on a deeper level. You will realize the crap in society and will be able to rise above it. Maybe that's a bit too hopeful, but it can help you if you make sure to treat it as a serious experience and not just a high.
I like that aspect of psychedelics, at first i entered the psychedelic experience with amazement at how perfectly my mind seemed to find an "answer", but with time you find out that there is no general fix-it-all answers really. While this realization has clearly caused some discomfort lol, i think it is important for people to have an awareness that extends beyond the surface of psychological constructs. It has helped me to view things from a more unbiased perspective at the same time of helping me to waste less time with trying to validate my ego and my decisions. And yes a psychedelic experience is a lot more than just a recreational high, although there are a lot of very enjoyable moments on psychedelics and the overall experience is very satisfying.
sad1231234 is offline  
post #65 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:46 AM
SAS Member
 
Stewart Akinyemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 16
Do you consider consuming thc edibles as a therapy? The friend of mine gave this advice.
I've found a pretty good recipe but not sure about the whole idea. http://www.ncsm.nl/english/recipes/weed-cookies-recipes
Any thoughts are suggested
Stewart Akinyemi is offline  
post #66 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 05:00 PM
RMS
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Akinyemi View Post
Do you consider consuming thc edibles as a therapy? The friend of mine gave this advice.
I've found a pretty good recipe but not sure about the whole idea. http://www.ncsm.nl/english/recipes/weed-cookies-recipes
Any thoughts are suggested
Try smoking first if you haven't to see how it effects you. Edibles are widely accepted to be far more powerful than just smoking.. More of a psychedelic effect
RMS is offline  
post #67 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
prince charming
 
Tuan Jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 592
Medicine is an autobiographical monologue, written and performed by TJ Dawe, centred around a retreat led by Dr. Gabor Mate, to heal stress and addiction.

At the retreat, participants ingested the Peruvian shamanic psychotropic plant medicine ayahuasca. TJ explored a disturbing recurring image with (seemingly) no discernible source. Coincidently, Medicine involves a critical incident in TJ's life that happened while his family lived in Whitehorse. Through Dr. Mateís psychological detective work, and the visceral psychedelic experiences of ayahuasca, he arrives at some surprising discoveries.


((( connect or perish )))
Tuan Jie is offline  
post #68 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
prince charming
 
Tuan Jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 592
Got the lab results the other day. It turns out the website my friend purchased a 1P-LSD blotter from is selling what it advertises. My governement offers a free testing service for people who do drugs. For harm reduction purposes and to subtley discourage in the process. My friend had given me a sample, which I later found myself with at a service point. It was an interesting experience. I've never done anything in the realm of recreational drugs, except for the mandatory fling with weed in puberty and the odd occasion or two beyond that. I wasn't here because I wanted to change that. I was asked what I was going to use it for and where I got it and even the lab was called because they weren't sure if it could be tested. Since the budget is tight, you need to have a good reason for testing this because we usually don't do this because of the high cost relative to more commonly used drugs like MDMA, the lab reported. I was met with some surprise when I said I wanted to use it for microdosing and basically had to decide if I was willing to take a 80% chance it wasn't going to be tested when submitted. Putting an unknown substance into my body every third day? No thanks. So I said yes and got lucky. Looks like it's going to happen then. In case you're wondering, all of this is (still) legal in my country.

((( connect or perish )))
Tuan Jie is offline  
post #69 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
prince charming
 
Tuan Jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 592
@Stewart Akinyemi
When I was a student I experimented with self medicating marijuana in small quantities to ease anxiety. That is to say, I swallowed it with some water. My experiences with it weren't very positive and I therefore abondoned the idea quite quickly. I lost too much focus and didn't feel all that relaxed on the stuff either. It often led to a massive brain fog. If I lowered the dose, it just didn't do anything. I have no recollection of the THC/CBD ratio in the stuff I used (I'm old af!). In my teens I drank a heavy weed tea once and was high for 12 hours. It's very different from smoking, as @RMS also suggested.

I wouldn't call this approach "therapy", just as I wouldn't call taking benzo's therapy (minus the risk for triggering schizophrenia in individuals prone to it). CBD, perhaps. But I must add that I'm not up to date on the research. Some at MAPS are looking into this, if I'm not mistaken. In general, I'm reluctant when it comes to THC because of it's addictive potential. Have you made up your mind yet?

((( connect or perish )))
Tuan Jie is offline  
post #70 of 116 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 02:03 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,185
My Mood: Amazed
Does anyone here have experience with psychedelics AND lucid dreaming? I am wondering how they compare, since i'm a newbie to both of them lol. I know this thread is about psychedelics but i have been really pondering the possible psychedelic properties of lucid dreaming. And i find it interesting that the brain is affected at least somewhat similarly during a psychedelic experience and a dream. Not only are various neurotransmitters flowing throughout the wholly-active brain during both experiences, but both experiences are characteristic of a drastic alteration in consciousness/perception, various levels of lucidity, various levels of ego loss, etc. Unless dreaming is more of like a delirious state? But like how cool would it be to have your own psychedelic trip every night lol where you are in charge and where you can lower/raise the lucidity and where you can exit whenever you want? I do know that i have experienced imitations of various hallucinogenic substance properties in dreams, leading me to believe that it may be possible that dreams could be arching-over or at least on-par with a typical(lol) psychedelic experience. If dreams are in fact some what resembling of a psychedelic experience then they would provide a very efficient/effective form of therapy/catharsis/mental exploration or whatever.
sad1231234 is offline  
post #71 of 116 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
prince charming
 
Tuan Jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 592
This morning I took 40 drops of relativism. 10mcg 1P-LSD. Three days prior I had taken 6mcg and not noticed anything. This time was quite a bit tifferent from that. I took it first thing in the morning, then started my routine of Wim Hof Breathing and physical workout.

At a certain point I noticed something was going on. I started to become a bit uncoordinated, I think is the proper word for it. Just continue your routine, I told myself, which I did while having to drag my focus to the party every minute or so. I kept doing my exercises and became a bit concerned when I started trembling a bit afterwards and felt my awareness shifting somehow. My mind kicked in and for a few minutes I was afraid I had made a big mistake. This state didn't worsen, which eventually gave me the confidence this would be just an interesting experience.

My brisk walk was strange. I experienced several moments of "how did I get here?", a bit like you have sometimes when reading a book but not having the slightest idea what you just read for pages! Interactions with people were more self aware than normally. Not necessarily in a bad way. More mindfull perhaps?

So I've been tripping slightly for hours. I was laughing out loud when I realized I was sitting in my apartment and I was tripping, that it had come to that. The absurdity, hilarious! Calming in a way which probably doesn't involve opioid receptors. Just getting out of my own way a bit. It fits well with the theory about the default mode network/diseases of the ego.

Meditation was different. I didn't have to, I already was meditating. Sort of. Sipt a cup of warm water while at it. Didn't feel like I was interrupting anything with it.

No difference with the cold shower. Just the same as without microdose.

It seems like my optimal dose is somewhere between 6-10 mcg. Perhaps I'll experiment with taking it before I go to bed later on, since I have nightmares every night. Very interesting!

((( connect or perish )))
Tuan Jie is offline  
post #72 of 116 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
prince charming
 
Tuan Jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 592
KENTUCKY AYAHUASCA is an exclusive look into the world of an ayahuasca shaman and the people who seek his help deep in the bible belt of Kentucky. The series will follow people who need help, salvation and enlightenment from any number of severe afflictions, including: depression, emotional or physical abuse, and addiction. https://www.ayaquest.com

((( connect or perish )))
Tuan Jie is offline  
post #73 of 116 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 06:30 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Somewhere Inbetween
Language: Gibberish
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 3,444
I got some shrooms and a lot of acid sitting in the cabinet drawer next to me rn

Bleh.
naes is offline  
post #74 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
prince charming
 
Tuan Jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 592

Mental Health, Spirituality, and Psychoactive Substance Use


Hello, my name is Kevin St. Arnaud, and I am a Ph.D. candidate in Counselling Psychology at the University of Alberta, Canada.

I would like to invite you to take part in an online study investigating the links between mental health, spirituality, and the use of psychoactive substances.

This study entails an anonymous, online survey, which uses validated, self-report scales to asses:

-Basic demographic and personality information (e.g., age, gender, ethnicity, etc.)
-Mental Health (e.g., feelings about one's self and one's functioning in life etc.)
-Spirituality (e.g., religious/spiritual beliefs, spiritual experiences, etc.)
-Use/non-use parameters of various psychoactive substances (e.g., alcohol, tobacco, opioids, cannabis, psychedelics, etc.)
-Reasons for use (e.g., relaxation, creativity, socialization, entheogenic purposes, etc.)

Anyone over 18 years of age and capable of fluently reading and writing English is eligible to participate in this study, which is designed to take about 20 to 25 minutes to complete. The study is open as of August 14, 2018 and will close in roughly two to three months, or upon collection of a sufficient sample size.

This study has been approved by the Research Ethics Board at the University of Alberta. The online survey is hosted using REDCap software, which is compliant with Canadian privacy legislation, such as HIA, FOIP, and TCPS2, as well as U.S. privacy requirements, such as HIPAA. All data sent to the REDCap server is encrypted with SSL, and stored and encrypted on servers located at the University of Alberta.

If you would like to participate, or are interested in further information about the survey, please visit:

https://is.gd/drugsmentalhealthspirituality

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Kevin St. Arnaud, M.Ed., (Ph.D. Candidate)
Department of Educational Psychology
University of Alberta

((( connect or perish )))
Tuan Jie is offline  
post #75 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Hand Solo
 
Chevy396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Colorado
Language: Wookiee
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,246
I just ate some Grape Stomper edible oil and about thirty minutes later I was laughing at the fact I pulled a back muscle coughing and that I'm in extreme pain. I guess a pulled cough muscle is the most danger you can get from weed.

There is a lot of value in accepting pain instead of letting it anger you.
Chevy396 is offline  
post #76 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
prince charming
 
Tuan Jie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Posts: 592
@Chevy396
lol. You're right. Be careful not to pull your laughing muscles on the GS

((( connect or perish )))
Tuan Jie is offline  
post #77 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 11:21 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 790
I don't take psychedelic medicine but i think it's called psychedelic when you have dreams that are ie. like you're taking a ride.. and I've had dreams like that.. it's fun
lily is offline  
post #78 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,185
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
I just ate some Grape Stomper edible oil and about thirty minutes later I was laughing at the fact I pulled a back muscle coughing and that I'm in extreme pain. I guess a pulled cough muscle is the most danger you can get from weed.

There is a lot of value in accepting pain instead of letting it anger you.
Maybe the government bans it cause they are trying to protect us all from having a good time! Lol. But speaking of medicine and laughter, you know what they say lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tea1~ View Post
I don't take psychedelic medicine but i think it's called psychedelic when you have dreams that are ie. like you're taking a ride.. and I've had dreams like that.. it's fun
Well it is interesting because there are theories suggesting that dreams may be the result of low doses of DMT(a pretty bad *** psychedelic) being released in our brains. In that case, dreams would be at least somewhat characteristic of a psychedelic experience. Now these are just theories but they do have things to support them. But i'm in love with the idea, like everyone's own little mini ayahuasca trip at night or something. In fact i've recently started with the practice of lucid dreaming because there is no way i want to miss out on a possible trip each night.

As for the definition of psychedelic, "psyche" means "soul/mind" and "delic" means "manifest/reveal", so anything that opens the mind is pretty much a psychedelic when technically speaking. But dreams may be particularly psychedelic due to my aforementioned reasoning and because of the fact that they involve altered states of consciousness in which the brain process information on a more deep/raw level.
sad1231234 is offline  
post #79 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Hand Solo
 
Chevy396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Colorado
Language: Wookiee
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Maybe the government bans it cause they are trying to protect us all from having a good time! Lol. But speaking of medicine and laughter, you know what they say lol.




Well it is interesting because there are theories suggesting that dreams may be the result of low doses of DMT(a pretty bad *** psychedelic) being released in our brains. In that case, dreams would be at least somewhat characteristic of a psychedelic experience. Now these are just theories but they do have things to support them. But i'm in love with the idea, like everyone's own little mini ayahuasca trip at night or something. In fact i've recently started with the practice of lucid dreaming because there is no way i want to miss out on a possible trip each night.

As for the definition of psychedelic, "psyche" means "soul/mind" and "delic" means "manifest/reveal", so anything that opens the mind is pretty much a psychedelic when technically speaking. But dreams may be particularly psychedelic due to my aforementioned reasoning and because of the fact that they involve altered states of consciousness in which the brain process information on a more deep/raw level.
Yes, that is cool. I do see a lot of similarities between an acid trip and a dream. Or even sleep deprivation can make you trip.

I miss my days on Valium when I never had to worry about stretching and never pulled a muscle lifting. I have yet to find a natural muscle relaxer near as strong. But by entering some sort of " trip" I can disassociate from the pain. Pretty sure LSD is a muscle relaxer too.
Chevy396 is offline  
post #80 of 116 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 11:37 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,185
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
Yes, that is cool. I do see a lot of similarities between an acid trip and a dream. Or even sleep deprivation can make you trip.

I miss my days on Valium when I never had to worry about stretching and never pulled a muscle lifting. I have yet to find a natural muscle relaxer near as strong. But by entering some sort of " trip" I can disassociate from the pain. Pretty sure LSD is a muscle relaxer too.
Yeah i had one of my first lucid dreams the other day and i was surprised at the similarities between dreaming and tripping on acid. But dreaming is just a much more weird, variable, intense exprrience. Yet again i'm still somewhat of a newbie in the world of tripping lol. But it is interesting that you say that about sleep deprivation, because i saw a report once about someone who skipped sleep, and possibly fasted but i dont remember, for a few days and started to hallucinate. He then went along with it and was whisked away on a trip that he likened to his dmt trips.

Hmmm there's probablt something out there that works on a similar level, i mean i dont know much about muscle relaxers but there are a LOT of substances out there that hardly anyone's heard about. And trips do allow a good form of dissociation from the pain but it's probably a bit of an overkill haha.
sad1231234 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Therapy is a waste of time for me euphoria Therapy 5 02-25-2009 03:43 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome