Personal opinions on group therapy? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Personal opinions on group therapy?

I have pretty bad anxiety and i'm really starting to struggle. I made some friends at my new school and i had a lot of fun, but now it's summer and I just realized ive never even hung out with them outside of school.
Now my parents are thinking group therapy might be good for me.
Im not really sure. Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 04:38 AM
SAS Member

I think it depends on the context of the group and where things are at for you. I normally see a psycologist but I felt like challenging myself and went to an art therapy group class once and it only made things worse. When I told my psycologist he said I was not quite ready for something like that.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM
madly in love

a lot depends on the group, the group leader, and what you want to get out of it. i've tried it and ended up leaving because i was singled out for not talking much (it was a social anxiety group, and i felt judged for not talking much ).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page