Past Reality Integration - PIR - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah

Past Reality Integration - PIR

I came across Past Reality Integration or PRI for short, which seems to be a kind of Primal based therapy with CBT elements. It was started by Ingeborg Bosch - a Dutch lady - who claims it can be used to treat Social Anxiety Disorder.

(Sorry the title of this post should say PRI not PIR)

There is a TED talk video of her explaining the fundamentals here

but she has here own website and youtube channel with more in-depth details of the methodology of her system.
https://www.pastrealityintegration.com/en/

She developed the sytem after working with Primal Therapist Jean Jenson and claims to have correlated with the work of Alice Miller, who denies any involvment or relation to PIR.

PRI works with Feelings, Behaviour and Ideas /Images to trace back past events as they relate to present difficulties, although no credit is given to CBT or Janov for their work. She has written several books about her experiences and system although I have not read them. I have studied the videos that are available and other info I could find on the web. There is an online course available to purchase for distance learning.
A review of her method by Self-Primal advocate John A. Speyrer is available here:
http://www.primal-page.com/bosch.htm

Her sytem has been labelled as 'quack medicine' by some and courses are naturally, very expensive, like all self-claimed 'wunder-cures'.

Supposedly, the techniques can be applied by oneself, and once learnt should be maintained continuously, involving 15 mins daily introspection. Although the system is influenced by what happened in an individuals past, there is no heavy dependance on feeling old pain.
I briefly tried some of her regression tek to try and access old memories but got nowhere.
I am dubious, as are others, about the system but maybe it can help some people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 09:33 AM
Hand Solo

Language: Wookiee
It's not pulling up old memories, just reacting with instincts that are built into you. Took me five seconds to figure that scam out.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
It's not pulling up old memories, just reacting with instincts that are built into you. Took me five seconds to figure that scam out.

Well, she does claim to have helped recover memories with her system, but I am skeptical if people can really do this on their own. She admittedly had therapy herself before coming up with her system and Jean Jenson must have given her the inside knowledge about primal therapy techniques used to elicit past events.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 PM
Hand Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catechumen View Post
Well, she does claim to have helped recover memories with her system, but I am skeptical if people can really do this on their own. She admittedly had therapy herself before coming up with her system and Jean Jenson must have given her the inside knowledge about primal therapy techniques used to elicit past events.
There is no science showing past lives. It's a faith thing like religion.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
There is no science showing past lives. It's a faith thing like religion.

No, not past lives, but suppressed early childhood events. She gave an example of a woman who as a two-year old was kicked from behind by her frustrated Father, so developed a fear of driving and car crashes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 02:27 PM
Hand Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catechumen View Post
No, not past lives, but suppressed early childhood events. She gave an example of a woman who as a two-year old was kicked from behind by her frustrated Father, so developed a fear of driving and car crashes.
Ok, I get it now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page