My first meeting w/ a therapist! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My first meeting w/ a therapist!

Hey
Im having my first meeting with a therapsit and I am really not sure how to act. Do i just tell her about my problems or do i have to fill in forms and tests?

I started in a new high school just now, and my SA is on its say back. Before I was basically cured. My main problem is that I dont have any friends and my mind blanks out when talking to ppl. I have completely no clueof any good things to say. If it depended on my life i still could t strike up a conversation well.

I want to hear from you all how your therapy experiences went
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
SAS Member

I remember my first therapy experience, I think I was 16? It went well!

They make you sign a form first, then you talk about your problems.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:06 AM
SAS Member

I also don't know what to say usually, unless i'm asked to tell about my lifestory or anything that i've told so many times that its like a rehearsed play now. But with my first therapist i had to fill in a whole questionaire and then that was discussed, she also asked my mother a lot of questions, and i think the best thing you can do is just be yourself and be clear about your limits, if you mind is blank then just tell your therapist that, what also can help is that you ask for an email adress, that way you can mail your therapist when something comes up and you can discuss that when you have an appointment, sort of like preparing something to talk about ahead of time That's what helps me atleast!

I hope i helped a bit ^^

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page