Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

I think I should quit going to therapy

925 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  candrnow 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about it for a while and I really do think I should stop. I mean they are paid to listen to you. Like idk. You can easily write your every thought and problem down in a notebook or on a program on your laptop. Why pay somebody for that? And also when I go there I just ramble on about dumb stuff. And it seems like my therapist gets bored. Its like we aren't making progress. And we are now working on to talk about "feelings". Im not the type of person to talk about feelings. I keep that to myself...and not every situation Imma feel something. Im just content. But as every therapist thinks we all FEEL something in that moment.

And I feel like why am I going here anyways? U know? I've been to this therapist a couple of times..but I was always forced. My aunt freaks like any lil thing that a "normal" teen doesn't do...I'm sent to see her. I suffer from depression and anxiety. Both I can handle. My aunt don't think so.

I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks..which with over time I fixed on my own. I didn't need my therapist's help. I went and talked about other stuff. I got better on my own. And depression is an on/off thing. Its just sadness..at least to me...I don't feel suicidal or have those thoughts.

So again I wonder why I'm even seeing her.
What do you guys think?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.