Has anyone tried hypnotherapy? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Previously banned under other name

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
the mind is a product of the brain//the brain is the computer//the mind is the software// tell me, so you dont take any meds now then.//im sure a lot more took there lives who never took meds, than did takeing them
hell no i dont take meds

im sure thats true however people who are not depressed can become depressed by taking them and then they can commit suicide. im sure there are many unnessecary lives lost becasue of them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:28 AM
SAS Member

true the worst thing you can do ,is take a ds meds if not deppresed//it would work against you not for you// im curious of you illness as in your threads you live the life of a loner /but your agraphobia lets you go to a bar or shopping ect/// you have tried theropy an benzo,s for anxierty //an nothing works//i have acute anxierty an depression ,when anxierty is bad depression near always follows /how you have escaped this is uncanny// do all benzo,s make you depressed .. i am addicted to ativan it dosnt bother me that i am,they still work an without them i would have been like you hidden away with no life//before benzo,s i used to get acute symtoms like hair loss,excema// acute gut pains,anxierty attacks , panick attacks ect ect// ativan worked an i took an ad with a anxierty agent in it// i have a full head of hair an most the symtoms are gone//you have to change ssri,s if they poop but tappering is simple an painless// i have many friends an live a not perfect but a life all the same// the down side is side effects like weight gain an libido loss but still have good sex life// its a lot better than the stick thin shadow of a man i was//what do you see in the future if you have aborted all the med side treatments an theropy //except hypnotheropy do you think that is the answer to all you probs// funny thing i watched a programe last night ,,peter andre the singer had hypnosis to cure his fear of rollercoster rides//after a few sessions he was took by the theropist to thorpe park to ride the famouse saw ride//the managed to get him on the ride because of pure pressuse by friends, an the theropist//he screamed like a baby on the ride an actually had a panick attack there an then//he got of the ride terrified an left the park even more scared than before???????????????????????????????
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
true the worst thing you can do ,is take a ds meds if not deppresed//it would work against you not for you// im curious of you illness as in your threads you live the life of a loner /but your agraphobia lets you go to a bar or shopping ect/// you have tried theropy an benzo,s for anxierty //an nothing works//i have acute anxierty an depression ,when anxierty is bad depression near always follows /how you have escaped this is uncanny// do all benzo,s make you depressed .. i am addicted to ativan it dosnt bother me that i am,they still work an without them i would have been like you hidden away with no life//before benzo,s i used to get acute symtoms like hair loss,excema// acute gut pains,anxierty attacks , panick attacks ect ect// ativan worked an i took an ad with a anxierty agent in it// i have a full head of hair an most the symtoms are gone//you have to change ssri,s if they poop but tappering is simple an painless// i have many friends an live a not perfect but a life all the same// the down side is side effects like weight gain an libido loss but still have good sex life// its a lot better than the stick thin shadow of a man i was//what do you see in the future if you have aborted all the med side treatments an theropy //except hypnotheropy do you think that is the answer to all you probs// funny thing i watched a programe last night ,,peter andre the singer had hypnosis to cure his fear of rollercoster rides//after a few sessions he was took by the theropist to thorpe park to ride the famouse saw ride//the managed to get him on the ride because of pure pressuse by friends, an the theropist//he screamed like a baby on the ride an actually had a panick attack there an then//he got of the ride terrified an left the park even more scared than before???????????????????????????????
yer i live the life of a hermit and loner , ive had avoidant personality disorder since i was 5. i occasionally go to a bar or a football match with family.
i frequently go shopping for food , and get my hair cut and things like that. my agoraphobia is bad but not as bad as it could be as i can still do things that others cant. my agoraphobia is not a fear of having a panic attack per say, its more a fear of physical safety therefroe i can manage to go places were i dont think my safety is threatend

ive tried about 5 different meds, cant remember their names though. only one of them worked, it made me feel calm and relaxed but i decided to stop taking it cos i didnt beleive it would treat me at the root casue. later on i decided to give meds another go for some reason but i became suicidal from them. only one of the meds made me depressed but all of the others had their own side effects like insomnia, dry mouth, extremely sore testicals etc...

even though i have a lot of anxiety i am not depressed. im extremely optimistic and look forward to my future and have a deep appreciation for being alive, and i accept myself and my place in the world. i do get a bit fed up sometimes cos im stuck at home , but never depressed

ive tried all kinds of counselling and psychiatric help but it was all useless.

ive had tremendous results with exposure therapy, cbt, hypnosis (both hypnosis self help cds and also going to see an actaul therapist), nlp and also kabbalah (which is a spiritual tool for overcoming problems)

however the problem i have is with taking consistent action because im extremely lazy and undisciplined and i must be the worlds biggest procrastinator. when ive had results in the past ive never been able to build on them amd continue recovering cos i always stop and say ''ill do it another time cos right now i just want to stay comfortable instead of going through the discomfort of change ''

what do you see in the future if you have aborted all the med side treatments an theropy //except hypnotheropy do you think that is the answer to all you probs

well i know exactly how to cure myself at the root i just have to find the motivation and discipline to take action consistently. i have met somebody who has made a full recovery and i intend to follow in his foot steps as soon as i stop procrastinating. my future is extremely bright.
i see the answer as having a few hypnosis/nlp sessions to stop my mind from producing the phobic response in social situation . from there i can use a hypnosis cd every day combined with cbt and some nlp techniques to manifest my new habits, thoughts, feelings and actions
and then a step by step exposure plan to change my behaviour is the only it can be done

and kabbalah is the biggest shining light in regards to beating my social anxiety. this treats the root cause on a spiritual level , the deepest level of all

peter andre the singer had hypnosis to cure his fear of rollercoster rides//after a few sessions he was took by the theropist to thorpe park to ride the famouse saw ride//the managed to get him on the ride because of pure pressuse by friends, an the theropist//he screamed like a baby on the ride an actually had a panick attack there an then//he got of the ride terrified an left the park even more scared than before???????????????????????????????[/QUOTE]

thats one example. hypnosis doesnt have a 100% cure rate. there could have been many factors that conbtributed to this , maybe the hypnotist that treated him was just quite simply a bad hypnotist. ive been to see about 5 hypnotists. one was brilliant and i got results, the other 4 were useless and i wasted my money
for every storie like the peter andre one i can tell you a miracoulous storie were somebodys fear has vanished in 30 minutes
the amount of bad stories out there for meds is shocking

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 AM
SAS Member

true

now you are opening up to your probs,,an as you say most is down to motivation. only you can solve that part/// you hit a comfort zone at home an it becomes your prison//you need a kick up the arse basicly ,not saying that in a rude way//you no what i mean//MEDS you usually read bad reports when they dont work for people or the carnt take the side effects//when they work those people are not on web sites ,they are getting on with there lives// or like me a life long illness took everything an try to stear people on the right med//i dont work because a mental hospital blunder to half my brain /not the meds the ****ing shrink//you have a mild form of soicial anxierty an your reluctance to act on it is all that stops you from a normal life// acute anxierty ,have you ever been out an literally **** yourself for real in an anxierty attack/// if people like me didnt take anxierty meds we can pass out in a busy road, vomit or **** are selves in any public place// why are you on a mentally ill forum when you say it just motivation you lack///you havent even got any hobbies only self help tapes// your not ill enough to take meds.because you wouldnt care about reading side effects ,,you get the same on a box of paracetamol do you read that// we ill people spend weeks in horrendose side effects on a new med//you no why ???????we are ill an we will put up with anything to get well///stop dishing meds because they scare you ,if you were ill they would be the first thing on your mind// if you can go in a bar, a cinema ect ect you havent got agoraphobia, just social anxierty like millions of others,, in you own admission your lazy //get out there you proved you can//an stop looking for answers to an illness that your fault // end of thread
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
now you are opening up to your probs,,an as you say most is down to motivation. only you can solve that part/// you hit a comfort zone at home an it becomes your prison//you need a kick up the arse basicly ,not saying that in a rude way//you no what i mean//MEDS you usually read bad reports when they dont work for people or the carnt take the side effects//when they work those people are not on web sites ,they are getting on with there lives// or like me a life long illness took everything an try to stear people on the right med//i dont work because a mental hospital blunder to half my brain /not the meds the ****ing shrink//you have a mild form of soicial anxierty an your reluctance to act on it is all that stops you from a normal life// acute anxierty ,have you ever been out an literally **** yourself for real in an anxierty attack/// if people like me didnt take anxierty meds we can pass out in a busy road, vomit or **** are selves in any public place// why are you on a mentally ill forum when you say it just motivation you lack///you havent even got any hobbies only self help tapes// your not ill enough to take meds.because you wouldnt care about reading side effects ,,you get the same on a box of paracetamol do you read that// we ill people spend weeks in horrendose side effects on a new med//you no why ???????we are ill an we will put up with anything to get well///stop dishing meds because they scare you ,if you were ill they would be the first thing on your mind// if you can go in a bar, a cinema ect ect you havent got agoraphobia, just social anxierty like millions of others,, in you own admission your lazy //get out there you proved you can//an stop looking for answers to an illness that your fault // end of thread
you seem to think i havent got it bad for some reason. my social anxiety cannot get any worse. ive got avpd and its extreme . my whole life is completely dominated by it, i cant function.

i really mean what im about to say - if you could show me someone who has it worse than me socially i would be shocked

my agoraphobia is also terrible. its not as bad as some other people but trust me its bad, it restricts my life. yes i can ride a train , walk a street, get my haircut and go shopping but so what those things mean nothing to me. i cant put my self in situations that really matter to me becasue i fear for my safety. when that anxiety hits me trust me it is debilitating. ive never had a panic attack in my life but that doesnt mean my mfear isnt bad or that it doesnt controll me. i once spent half an hour locked in a toilet cubicle in a club cos i was pretrified for my own safety and fear had an iron grip over me

and you are wrong by saying that i havent got agoraphobia becasue i can go to a cinema etc.... thats totally wrong. agoraphobia is NOT a fear of leaving the house or being in public per say. look it up, do your research before you say things that dont make sense

beleive me im desperate to change . my desire to transofrm my life and get better is bigger than anyones, and im willing to do anything. its just that i have an addiction that stops me from doing what i want to do. that addiction is procrastination.
im desperate to change but i would never take meds becasue i no i can change properly with other methods. im also a spiritual person therefore i know that any problem you have is there for a reason and its your spiritual correction to overcome it. if you mask it with meds for your whole life and then die. you will just come back in the next life with exactly the same probelms and you'll have to face them all again. that is what i beleive in therefore meds quite simply is not an option
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 AM
SAS Member

what

next life??????? sorry im out of hear
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
next life??????? sorry im out of hear
peace out
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 03:00 AM
SAS Member

I'm going on tuesday to see one about some sleeping issues but i'm going to ask about social anxiety as well cause it says it on her site.It actually wasn't my idea someone wants me to go try it out so hopefully results are good!
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 09:52 AM
SAS Member

I've tried a couple of times because a the session worked for a few friends of mine for several different things.
It seems that hypno-anything does not work on me, though. XD

"~Though I've thought about eternity and how the world works- I'm not trying to get it... Just trying to live my life.
Out of the thousands and the millions of the others out there- I want to see what it's like; to be paper airplanes in the sky~"
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Permanently Banned

I'm still confused about agoraphobia. Is it just mainly fear of physical safety? I don't go places mainly because they are people around. If there weren't people around I wouldn't mind walking through most anyplace.

Of course if there were hoods around and dark alleys and ghetto areas with tough neerdowells walking about drunk I would worry physically if they outnumbered me.

Hypnotherapy: Could be spiritually dangerous imo. I would be careful about what suggestions are on the recording. I was screwed up bad by Roy Master's tapes. However some relaxation tapes which guide one into a relaxation mode I'm more comfortable with.

However, there's always a dangerous of opening up oneself spiritually to demonic attack/harrassment like a ouija board. Probably good to say a prayer asking for protection for each session.
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 07:16 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
My hypnotherapist said that it will work aslong as you believe it can and if you want it to.
If you have to believe in it for it to work, it is a scam.

There have never been any scientific studies proving that hypnosis is anything more than a parlor trick. Save your money and invest in cognitive behavioral therapy and/or medication.
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 AM
SAS Member

how does cognitive behavior work? seems like that conditioning will take forever.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page