Gut bacterias - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Eva
Hope

Gut bacterias

Hi you all,

I am suffering from Social anxiety since I can remeber. I have always had difficulties coping with people. I was very shy as a child. That‘s so annoys me because I think I live half of my potential which I could if I wouldn‘t have this problem. I have so many interests and ideas but that stubid social anxiety is holding me back from so many things in my life.
I am always searching for answers to resolve this problem. For example I am practising Yoga and meditation and this helps me a looot! That means, when I am in a small group of people I no more have this much problems with speaking up my thoughts. This for sure is a huge Reliefe. But still when it comes to a larger groups (more than 4 or 5 people) i still have enormous problems. Mostly I am avoiding such situations. And that sucks!
When I researched I came across with the theory, that the gut bacterias have a lot influence of our health also mentalhealth. There are a lot articles out there in the web and studies which prove this. I guess this maybe is the key to our problem.
For example I found an article in the internet that
Someone cured his social pobia by just eating a lot of special probiotics.
I did this experiment last week by myself. And I can tell you that I fell a lot more comfortable in large gatherings. Not totally cured like the writer of this article but def. a lot more secure. Maybe I for myself have to find another string of probiotcs that I am totally cured?
I also came across articles of poop transplants.
for healthy gut bacterias. I know this sounds disgusting. Bus honestly I would do almost everything to overcome this ****!
And because of gut bacterias, I as a child took a lot of antibiotics. Which we know these days destroys the gut flora enormously. How about you? Did you also take a lot of antibiotics in the past? This all maybe is a track to heal us.

What do you think?

Sorry in advanced for all the spelling mistakes, but I am not a native speaker.

Best wishes

Hope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:03 AM
SAS Member

You can also change your gut bacteria through diet, but whether the change is for the good or for the bad is unknown as so little research has been done in this area.

In my own experience, I've switched to eating 95% carnivore over the past several weeks and I can say without hesitation that my mental state has never been better. Stable/elevated moods and low anxiety. I've always thought that was somehow due to elevated ketone production and usage, but I was already burning ketones for energy while eating keto before, yet I didn't feel as good as I do now. I think eating carnivore has changed my gut biome. Certainly there's less bacteria in my gut as there's little material for bacteria to digest anymore. Again, whether this is good for overall health, I don't know. But I've felt enough improvement to continue this rather unusual way of eating.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page