Finally get to the right therapy then this happens - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Finally get to the right therapy then this happens

I put up with the wrong therapy for many years, only to find out all on my own, that CBT was for me, I need sometihng to work on, tools, strategies, homework, give it to me.
Now with the right therapist, she is making me find out on my own, how to get past my anxiety by myself.
She did give me homework, last week a week of 'What went well today" and why did this happen.
Too often we go to bed and recollect on all that went wrong and know wonder we are so darn anxious and depressed.

But all that aside, it still feels very elusive to me, what the exercise of cbt is.

No one is going to give the simple equation on how to apply it to my fears.

I'm rambling but I'm so fed up.

She thinks Toast masters will be good for me.

I will only enquire about that, if there is a seperate group apart from the professionals who only want to hone their public speaking. I dont want to participate to be be judged by them. I would join the group who are really nervous and want to overcome.

If anyone who is willing to share how cbt is applied to fear, I'm listening and thank you.

In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to continue and endure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

CBT is still more elusive, even similar to the elusiveness of my lack of replies.

Oh, well.

In the darkest hour the soul is replenished and given strength to continue and endure.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page