EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 10:23 AM
SAS Member

It is my personal opinion that "EFT" is "barking mad". It's promoters are often aggressive.

If it helps you, that's great. A person has the right to use a technique to help them so long as it harms nobody else and does not harm them.

And a person can be in a position where they are given as much info about a therapy/technique as possible. Hence the importance of evidence based approaches being promoted. EFT is not an evidence based approach.

There is some evidence that certain types of anti depressant work only via the placebo effect. The placebo effect is powerful and so is the mind. But that does not mean EFT works . Ask questions and get info. Especially before parting with cash for a therapy or technique.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM
SAS Member

I have found EFT extremely helpful

Hi there everyone,

I would like to tell you about my experience so that hopefully it might be useful to others. I personally thought that EFT was a load of rubbish to start with however I then discovered what's called Matrix Reimprinting which is slightly different to EFT but uses some of the EFT principles. Matrix Reimprinting was basically discovered by this guy that was doing a lot of EFT to help his clients with all sorts of problems. He found that the EFT was often useful but didn't always completely clear the problem.

There had been some experimentation with using EFT to take the "intensity" out of traumatic memories from childhood so that they were less painful however this did not always succeed in curing the current problem. He basically created this technique where you can use EFT to take the trauma out of traumatic past memories and literally re-write the memory in your sub-conscious so that it is positive.

I know this sounds a bit far out but I just wanted to tell you about it because if even one person listens to my advice it will be worth it. I had tried almost everything to help my severe social anxiety, I was bout 98 on the Liebowitz scale and I was literally at my wits end. I have found this technique very useful in reducing the severity of my social anxiety. I haven't finished with it yet but I am now a 61 on the Liebowitz scale.

I found that clearing some painful memories did actually reduce my symptoms as if by magic! This is not a quick fix and it does take a little time, I typically found that it took a few weeks to see an effect after clearing a memory but it is totally worth it.

I had tried CBT, medication, counselling, affirmations, positive thinking, mindfulness, meditation, acupuncture, diet, exercise and none of these things although they do help have touched the problem like this has.

I strongly advise anyone to go to a certified and experienced matrix reimprinting practitioner at least once and just give it a go for themselves and see if it makes any difference.

I just feel its important to get it out there as I know how desperate I felt in trying to find SOMETHING that would help. I was about ready to jump off the nearest building.

There is some stuff on the internet about it if you want to research and there is a book about it too. However I would not recommend you do it on yourself for a severe problem as the experience of a practitioner will mean you are more likely to get positive outcomes quicker. I am not suggesting it will help everyone but it certainly has worked very well for me so far.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyblueraincoat View Post
It is my personal opinion that "EFT" is "barking mad". It's promoters are often aggressive.

If it helps you, that's great. A person has the right to use a technique to help them so long as it harms nobody else and does not harm them.

And a person can be in a position where they are given as much info about a therapy/technique as possible. Hence the importance of evidence based approaches being promoted. EFT is not an evidence based approach.

There is some evidence that certain types of anti depressant work only via the placebo effect. The placebo effect is powerful and so is the mind. But that does not mean EFT works . Ask questions and get info. Especially before parting with cash for a therapy or technique.

Also note that the placebo effect is genetically variable. Not everyone is susceptible to it. This could explain why so many people fail to respond to psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy. It could also explain why, for those who do, the exact nature of the therapy doesn't seem to matter.

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 03:20 PM
SAS Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl58 View Post
Hi there everyone,

I would like to tell you about my experience so that hopefully it might be useful to others. I personally thought that EFT was a load of rubbish to start with however I then discovered what's called Matrix Reimprinting which is slightly different to EFT but uses some of the EFT principles. Matrix Reimprinting was basically discovered by this guy that was doing a lot of EFT to help his clients with all sorts of problems. He found that the EFT was often useful but didn't always completely clear the problem.

There had been some experimentation with using EFT to take the "intensity" out of traumatic memories from childhood so that they were less painful however this did not always succeed in curing the current problem. He basically created this technique where you can use EFT to take the trauma out of traumatic past memories and literally re-write the memory in your sub-conscious so that it is positive.

I know this sounds a bit far out but I just wanted to tell you about it because if even one person listens to my advice it will be worth it. I had tried almost everything to help my severe social anxiety, I was bout 98 on the Liebowitz scale and I was literally at my wits end. I have found this technique very useful in reducing the severity of my social anxiety. I haven't finished with it yet but I am now a 61 on the Liebowitz scale.

I found that clearing some painful memories did actually reduce my symptoms as if by magic! This is not a quick fix and it does take a little time, I typically found that it took a few weeks to see an effect after clearing a memory but it is totally worth it.

I had tried CBT, medication, counselling, affirmations, positive thinking, mindfulness, meditation, acupuncture, diet, exercise and none of these things although they do help have touched the problem like this has.

I strongly advise anyone to go to a certified and experienced matrix reimprinting practitioner at least once and just give it a go for themselves and see if it makes any difference.

I just feel its important to get it out there as I know how desperate I felt in trying to find SOMETHING that would help. I was about ready to jump off the nearest building.

There is some stuff on the internet about it if you want to research and there is a book about it too. However I would not recommend you do it on yourself for a severe problem as the experience of a practitioner will mean you are more likely to get positive outcomes quicker. I am not suggesting it will help everyone but it certainly has worked very well for me so far.
Another user that creates an account makes 2 posts promoting a strategy and never comes back.

We are REAL people with REAL problems.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM
SAS Member

Given that you can learn and use EFT yourself for free, I personally don't care if it works by placebo effect, as long as it helps with my issues. I'm not advocating wasting time and money on whatever new trend therapy comes up, but EFT is free (unless you pay a practitioner, of course) and can't harm you. Many SA sufferers here ask for alternative help because they can't afford either therapy or medication, so this can potentially help those people.
Think of it as acupressure, which was considered pseudoscience when it first became popular. Even meditation was scoffed at, and now it's being recommended by psychiatrists.
All that said, I support unbiased science. Maybe it works and we haven't discovered the mechanisms behind it yet? There's been a fairly recent discovery of Bonghan ducts, which may explain the physical/anatomical basis of meridian points, which EFT, acupressure, and acupuncture are based on. Bongham ducts are microscopic tubular structures that emit biophotons, a form of communication within the body.
"The possibility that DNA, biophotons, and Bonghan ducts might all be involved with healing opens up intriguing channnels of inquiry. Whereas Western research has focused primarily on the nervous system, there are many provocative studies that indicate that the body has multiple signaling systems, some much faster than the neural signal transmission. If healing signals do indeed travel through this system, we then have a physical model of how acupuncture, acupressure, EDS machines, and other meridian-based therapies work." (The genie in your genes, Dawson Church, pg. 137).

And from a study on anxiety:
"The efficacy of EFT in treating specific phobias demonstrated in several earlier studies is corroborated by the current investigation. Comparison studies between EFT and the most effective established therapies for treating specific phobias are recommended." http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...73&Itemid=2071

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page