Advertisement

post #42 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-40 min

EDIT: second session:

-vipassana
-40 min

"The Patriarchy is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
post #43 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 01:29 PM
Gentle Impulsion

My Mood: Angelic
Soon, today. To this:

^ This guy is fantastic, btw. Highly recommend him for all experience types.

Burmese is my default style for posture as I find it's the most comfortable and balanced.

Flowers in her hair
Demons in her head
Drugs in her veins
Madness in her mind
Love in her soul
Storm in her heart
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

post #44 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 08:56 PM
SAS Member

@zomgz

That was really great. I used it to kick off the beginning of my sesh. I have a bowl but it's better to let the guy in the video hit his so I can relax and focus.
post #45 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-45 min

"The Patriarchy is a system. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
post #46 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Optimism Prime~

I've been doing something called present moment meditation. Where you basically silently affirm 'there is no past, there is no future, only this present moment'. When you think this phrase, you have to imagine that everything that has gone before and everything potentially in the future doesn't exist. That literally it's only the now that exists.

I find it really calming and at times I actually get huge surges in concentration for some reason too - this may be purely anecdotal, but I'm finding my day to day focus improving when this happens as well.

This has been slightly more effective to me than mindfullness meditation. But I still do that from time to time too.

slow progress is still progress.
post #47 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-40 min

EDIT: 2nd session:

-vipassana
-45 min

post #48 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 07:12 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebuug View Post
How long have you been meditating for?

I did for around five minutes, I'm just starting out, I felt kinda dizzy during and after actually. And i had a hard time quieting my thoughts
Dizzy? Perhaps you force yourself too hard. The meditation I do when focusing on the mind is not to silence my thoughts - not directly at least - but to listen with gentle attention, even for subtle thoughts and images, to acknowledge them when they arise, then gently yet persistently bring my attention away from them and back to listening, however many times this happens. To force my thoughts to be still would be like setting up a screen for them to ricochet against - it would only make them more violent. My posture is simple. I keep my back straight, shoulders relaxed, hands resting on legs in half lotus.

I recently increased my time from 20 to 40 minutes a day. A brief interval between, I have been meditating every day for roughly three years. It can be really difficult at the beginning. All sorts of distractions divert you. I am very easily distracted and get bored quickly, unless absorbed in the experience. I'm glad I persevered though. As I say, it has established a part of me which is still; almost like the quiet after vigorous exercise, or after strong winds eventually settle. It can be blissful.

"I am looking for a true human being" - Diogenes of Sinope

"It was love that brought them back to life: the heart of one held inexhaustible sources of life for the heart of the other." - Dostoevsky
post #49 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-40 min

post #50 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

day 18

-vipassana
-40 min

EDIT: 2nd session

-vipassana
-40 min

post #51 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Shaman101

1 hour of p90x, Legendery stuff
post #52 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:54 AM
Shaman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embryo923 View Post
I have too many negative thoughts when I try to meditate, they just come at me swooping through my mind. I know I am supposed to just acknowledge them and move on to the next thought but it puts me in a state of panic sort of, i start to have trouble breathing and i just can't continue. I gues I just need more practice.
Hey!

You should try meditating through exercise. You might find that you can channel those thoughts and emotions into your exercise. It really helped me alot when i went through similar thinking stages.
post #53 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-35 min

post #54 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:21 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman101 View Post
Hey!

You should try meditating through exercise. You might find that you can channel those thoughts and emotions into your exercise. It really helped me alot when i went through similar thinking stages.
I went for a good 30 minute walk in the blitering cold here in New Jersey, 28 degrees out, put on a few layers and went outside with my ipod and walked around...then I decided to talk my ipod off and just be alone with my own thoughts and try to deal with them and sort them out, instead of blocking them out with music. And it was therapeutic and the exercise made me feel great afterwards, much more relaxed and a feeling of accomplishment that I did something good for myself, that didn't hurt anyone else. (like stealing money from family to buy drugs...I've had issues in the past and recent past, don't judge..) So it felt good. I have spurts wher I will exercise hard for 2 weeks straight and feel great, and then my energy levels will just drop and I end up sitting around feeling miserable and accomplishing nothing for a month, and then the cycle repeats. I went for this walk to go to the drug store and buy some stuff that will help me with my anxiety and depression issues. I got L-Tyrosine and Passion Flower Extract (has benzo-type effects, tastes good, and works instantly, sublingually. Great as a natural sleep aid with no side effects/addiction. You can build a tolerance though.)

Also some Tagment to potentiate or make my klonopin last longer, whatever benefit it has, I'm about to research all this now. Also been taking 2-3 tablespoons of organic honey everyday and im assuming that wil benefit after a while, I've read a lot on the benefits on honey.
post #55 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:32 PM
SAS Member

It's really hard for an anxious person to meditate- it's like pinning jello to the wall.

But I try.

15 minutes every day....but it's hard.
post #56 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-40 min

post #57 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-40 min

post #58 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-40 min

post #59 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 02:54 AM
SAS Member

I did, actually. Which is a surprise because I have been procrastinating for, literally, years. I do transcendental meditation which is a mantra based meditation and I did it for 20 minutes this morning alone. I'm supposed to do it twice a day but I think that might be pushing it for now, lol. Baby steps. I felt good afterwards so you should definitely try it.

post #60 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Patriarchy Enemy #1

-vipassana
-45 min

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page