Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Did therapy give you a kick start?

979 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ardrum 
#1 ·
I’m thinking about going to a therapist who specializes in Social Anxiety. I feel like I have the determination and deep want to change and get out there, but somehow I feel like I need a push, someone to force it out, something to kick start me and help me see things differently. Does anyone think a therapist is a good option, and has it given you that kick start or push, and if so how?

#2 ·
digin said:
I'm thinking about going to a therapist who specializes in Social Anxiety. I feel like I have the determination and deep want to change and get out there, but somehow I feel like I need a push, someone to force it out, something to kick start me and help me see things differently. Does anyone think a therapist is a good option, and has it given you that kick start or push, and if so how?
I can relate to your motivations for seeking therapy totally.

I've had one session so far. I have been uncomfortable, but it's a good sort of feeling because I feel like I can finally make myself open up with this opportunity. It will probably still take me awhile to become more comfortable at opening up to someone who still feels like a "stranger," but again, I think this was a good move for me to finally take.

Like you said, if you want a little push and would like to stay "on task" with your progress, go for it. Just give lots of updates in this part of the forum! I like hearing how others are doing with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.