Continually BSing my therapist (thread) - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
giggling ******

Continually BSing my therapist (thread)

So I have this problem, where my psychiatrist/therapist-man sets up expectations in the form on this lovely hierarchy which I "participated" in developing. The problem is, I do jack **** and always get nervous/jittery in our sessions, then revealing that YES I did do everything I was assigned/asked/agreed to do!

For example, I've been driving and taking public transit everywhere to the city and beyond to get over the anxiety of travel. Also, I've been on two dates, which didn't pan out, but HEY I went on two dates. The first is only partly true, but I exaggerate by saying I did 4 or 5 times more traveling then I actually did. The dating thing is not true at all.

I've been this way for months. I always tell myself I'm going to stop lying, and maybe even admit to being a liar, but I keep digging myself in deeper.

What the hell can a boy do? He thinks we have some special counselor-patient bond that really doesn't exist. Therapy does nothing for me, only digs myself deeper and closer to a coffin.

Thanks and good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 11:31 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Lying to your therapist won't get you anywhere.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 11:45 AM
One of the four horsemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by estse View Post
So I have this problem, where my psychiatrist/therapist-man sets up expectations in the form on this lovely hierarchy which I "participated" in developing. The problem is, I do jack **** and always get nervous/jittery in our sessions, then revealing that YES I did do everything I was assigned/asked/agreed to do!

For example, I've been driving and taking public transit everywhere to the city and beyond to get over the anxiety of travel. Also, I've been on two dates, which didn't pan out, but HEY I went on two dates. The first is only partly true, but I exaggerate by saying I did 4 or 5 times more traveling then I actually did. The dating thing is not true at all.

I've been this way for months. I always tell myself I'm going to stop lying, and maybe even admit to being a liar, but I keep digging myself in deeper.

What the hell can a boy do? He thinks we have some special counselor-patient bond that really doesn't exist. Therapy does nothing for me, only digs myself deeper and closer to a coffin.

Thanks and good day.
I am the same boat as you! I posted this on a different thread but I have a serious problem with my psychologist! I find her to extremely attractive, I mean she is ridiculously fine! So much in fact that I end up spending my two hour session ever other week just admiring her. I do suffer from social anxiety so what she instructs me to do is helpful, but I don't feel that is my underline problem. I am afraid to really open up about different issues because I have this crazy fear that she will deem me a danger to other around me and either report me or try to refer me to someone else. So I'm stuck, but I do think the session are helpful. I'm not great at talking to women so two hours of one giving me their undivided attention is a form of therapy in its own right.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
giggling ******

You're all right, of course. I suck at therapy. I hardly talk, since I don't know the gist of how to speak and comprehend, etc.

The thing is, I rather not go to therapy and take meds. But I have been since 2002. I do it to give my 'rents a calming reinsurance.

The only therapy I've enjoyed was group therapy, where I could listen to others, and only input a word or few here and there. The one-on-one thing is horrendous.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

You definitely don't want to lie to your counsellor because you won't get any progress. It's hard; I know. But what you said about group therapy is something that helped me for a bit. I tried group therapy for a few months, but eventually the anxiety got the better of me. But at least with group therapy you can hear other people's stories and relate to them.

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 01:24 PM

So let me get this:

You are going to therapy, you pay money for it just to do nothing about it!? Why are you even going? You are wasting both of your time. If you are doing nothing but lying you will achieve exactly that: NOTHING.

By the way, if it makes you feel better, you can claim you are bull****ting him but truth is you are bul****ting yourself.

If you can't form a bond with this therapist, stop and search for another.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page