CBT for social anxiety effective? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

CBT for social anxiety effective?

Has anyone gotten better with Cognitive Behavioral therapy for social phobia?anxiety? I'm thinking about seeing a therapist that specializes at this and I wanted to if anyone here benefited from this type of therapy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM

hi Iric, and

Regarding CBT, I would like to suggest that you post in the Coping with Social Anxiety forum and/or the Triumphs over Social Anxiety forum, I think you will get some valuable information there. I have done a variation of CBT, not as proactive as full on CBT, but found it very interesting and it helped me with my confidence, but think you will get better information from people with proper CBT experience.
best regards
pabs
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 05:21 AM
SAS Member

Depending on how bad your anxiety is and what kinds of things bother it I think CBT can be effective.
And welcome to the board

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Speaking from experience CBT is helpful for anxiety and depression, It helped me. I think it is worth a try and a good place to start. Have a look at this website, http://www.rational.org.nz. Theres an introduction on CBT and a programme based on CBT. This programme along with the information helped me a lot. Good luck
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

re: CBT for social anxiety effective?

How many sessions have you been to so far? What kind of social anxiety did you talk about? I have trouble speaking in front of a class room and I don't really know if a Cbt will help me with that. How much does your therapist charge you guys? The therapist i asked charges $100 an hour which I can';t afford.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page