ASMR Music Thread - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Where can I find more like these?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Is there a name for this particular ASMR session? The mic they use is such quality, feels like something is going into my ear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Here's another site:

http://www.asmrtingles.com
post #23 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

post #24 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

I have to say, I was skeptical. But looking at the view count changed my mind.

At a glance, it was the usual asmr vid. But like Gentle says, it's about the intention. She gave me such good vibes and relaxed me. She does get nervous when describing the candle, but that all blows away with the smoke.

This is premium choice cut, folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
post #25 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Gentle Impulsion

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekai View Post
This is one of my favorites.

Flowers in her hair
Demons in her head
Drugs in her veins
Madness in her mind
Love in her soul
Storm in her heart
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
post #26 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

post #27 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

post #28 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 05:30 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Is there a name for this particular ASMR session? The mic they use is such quality, feels like something is going into my ear.
The style is probably more akin to virtual girlfriend.

As for the crisp, in your ear sound an youthfulness, and liveliness, this voice comes to mind.

As for virtual girlfriends she is more of a mystery, story-line type. Or friend.

Quote:
Soothing like your ma... Whatever Freud says... very relaxing... country life, easy going... guessing... I let her videos play in the background for hours while I go about doing things. Calming voice.

Yeah Frothy as in Frothy beers and in the big leagues, ivey leaguer. Only guessing. The others, no, I never seen before.

I get the feeling you may find this artist good as well, only guessing...

Anyways, this one, the experimental ones, are pretty great.

ASMR Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (works wonders with my anxiety)
post #29 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

So that's what it is? !

What I like in an ASMR video is not really the voices, but that ear cleaning sound. Have you heard of "thunder ears"? It's the best!

Oh man… So… The one… With the little boy… No! No…? Nooooooo! I'm sure there's a perfect innocent explanation to it! But the ear cleaning feels so good…
post #30 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM
SAS Member

^Yeah, I get the feeling it's trending in Japan, or they are trying to market new products.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=virtual+girlfriend

Even their rock stars are holograms. Strange things... I've never really immersed myself in Japanese culture, so this could be cherry picking.

ASMR is different. It has community element and they are largely as a group collective, artists.

post #31 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

I hope to find a community of ear cleaners and a sub-community of thunder ear-ers.

That Fall Out one is interesting. Did you know they make alien abduction ASMR too? hehe.
post #32 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Thanks for the suggestions. I especially liked the fizzy sounds from the first one.

I think I'm into "mimi kaki"
post #33 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgz View Post
This is one of my favorites.
It's good, yeah?
post #34 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 11:25 PM
low energy individual

I don't know if this is ASMR (prolly not), but the chorus in Take A Picture by Filter gives me goosebumps. I'd provide a link, but everything I find on Youtube sounds compressed, or my iphone earbuds suck, idk
post #35 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 12:05 AM
SAS Member

^Whispering is a difficult one. It's pretty safe saying that with whispering there is some sort of calming, perhaps dopamine release, and that calming or sereneness, leads way with a better environment so the head tingles happen.

Now they are saying dopamine has nothing to do with pleasure, but rather motivation, so.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2012/11/...asure-anymore/

Quote:
As increasing numbers of studies show, he says, the famous neurotransmitter is not responsible for pleasure, but has to do with motivation.
You know what though Dharma, I'm thinking of all the voices and what that did with me in terms of relaxation, and yeah... it's debatable if this is whispering.

Different styles of whisperers, I guess. I've heard people get offended by the heavy, hushed intensity for lacks of better terms. It's one of the best voices I've ever heard!

With me, the fact that ASMR is NOT LCD, or lowest common denominator, is where it's absolute appeal, entertainment, and diversity is. Meaning, the personalities and diversity in material is not available on TV, period. Most TV personalities are loud, in your face, and so hysterical, it's brain deadening.

French whispers, the ability they have with slowing my racing thoughts down and calming, are uniquely pleasing in their own right.

I'm all over the place in terms of tingly sensations today, but yeah, I do get a response that is describable as head tingling / head sensation. Could be my state of mind today, my metabolism, anything.

Quote:
It's good, yeah?
When I watched that one the first time, my imagination was top notch. Feeling the smoke inside my head, and stuff. Everyone is a little different. Some videos work somedays, and other days, from one week to the next, no effect. Somedays, it's fully autonomous and breathing exercises will bring about frission style and asmr style sensations. Other days, are nearly totally stress/anxiety ridden, and I'm nearly entirely anesthetized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian1 View Post
I don't know if this is ASMR (prolly not), but the chorus in Take A Picture by Filter gives me goosebumps. I'd provide a link, but everything I find on Youtube sounds compressed, or my iphone earbuds suck, idk
It's probably frission. What DarhmaCat says about tuning into the bodies sensations, yeah, feeling frisson and exercising sensitivity seems as if that opens the doorways with different asmr triggers.

Comparitively, before watching ASMR videos, feeling goosebumps, or specifically, feeling frisson was a rare occurrence. Now frisson is more common with me, so are different asmr tingle responses, and yeah, goosebumps are pretty rare, the last time they were more of a part of a frission/asmr experience.

Frisson and Goosebumps, with me anyways, is "thrill" or "excitement" sensation.

ASMR is tingle response, and it normally happens with me during periods of total relaxation, or trance style states.

Quote:
Have you heard of "thunder ears"? It's the best!
What? This?

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/fo...?topic=49897.0

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I especially liked the fizzy sounds from the first one.

I think I'm into "mimi kaki"
This?

http://www.accessj.com/2010/11/ear-c...-mimikaki.html

Quote:
In East Asians (and Native Americans), a dry, grey type of ear wax is the most common, whereas on the other side of the world - Europe/Africa, you'll find we have the moist orange gunk. It's something to do with ancient climates. Weird. The moist stuff is dominant, though, which means that if you have a half-Japanese baby you can be assured it has good old Western Wax.
I'd go into theories, but they are off the wall crazy. There are distinct demographics, with various subtle differences, if you ask me. Alot of them watching asmr with their own unique propensities, sensitivities, and so on.

Here you go... "mimi kaki"

post #36 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Interesting! Thanks for the info, MrKappa. I'm glad this thread was made. It's not just a place to tingle but a learning experience as well.

This is what I meant by thunder ears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwJt6ch0fB8&t=21m40s
post #37 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

post #38 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 01:43 AM
SAS Member

Yeah, for one reason or another, I don't get anything from watching someone else get a massage. That's me though.

Maybe you have some type of advanced empathy or mirror neuron thing happening? This is fairly interesting.

http://www.ted.com/talks/vs_ramachan...ilization.html

Similar to a mirror touch? When you see someone else being touched, you empathize with the situation and feel similar sensations? Or is it perhaps more erotically tingly in nature?

There was one point a while ago where an artist asked me to imagine what they were drawing on my back, and yes, I sensed the drawing being written.

http://openaccess.city.ac.uk/2981/

Quote:
Mirror touch: Electrophysiological and behavioural evidence on the effects of observing others’ tactile sensations on somatosensory processing in the observer and possible links to trait empathy.

Recent neuroimaging evidence suggests that the sight of somebody else being touched vicariously triggers activity in the secondary (SII) and possibly also the primary (SI) somatosensory cortex in the absence of any actual tactile stimulation on the onlooker’s own body.
Anyways, yeah, maybe someday I will exercise my mind and asmr sensations enough to feel that effect. As it is now, I think because I cannot empathize with the massage subject, or connect on an emotional, intellectual level, it doesn't work with me.

I tried quite a few massage videos where there was both a massager and a massage subject, nothing. Okay, okay, I remember one video where I may have felt a slight massage sensation, but I felt as if I was trying to force the sensation, and normally ASMR simply happens without any effort, it only requires relaxation.

I also tend to reel away from people when they try and touch me, so.

Face paintings are a really popular meme inside the asmr community, and yeah, that's another instance where I get the empathetic, somatosensory, response thing happening.

Unsure if my memory serves me correct, but I think this video was the first face painting video that triggered an ASMR, or somatosensory, mirror neuron, response, with me.

I'm also very easily placed in a hypnotic state when I allow mt guard to drop, and someone uses their hands in extremely fine and graceful hand movements.

There is a pendulum video I want to post with light healing, but it has since been removed.

Also, no, I had not heard of thunder ears. However, yes, once I finish waking up, I will watch with full attention. It seems as if it has something to do with destroying anxiety to the point of nihilistic serenity and perhaps asmr tingles as a result? Or maybe a frission/asmr combo?

post #39 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Empty Pride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGKvLZx-jm0 <<<<<<<good **** right here

No one can test with me and live to tell the tale.

Hustle all day.
YOLO is useless.
The weak survive while the strong thrive.
Meh...
I guess life could be worse or could it?
Because nothing seems to be getting better, stormy day cloudy weather...Be strong regardless,dont break like glass instead put your enemies through glass I always say.
post #40 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Those vids were great, leave 'em if you want.

I wrote a whole bunch of stuff, and an error occurred when I tried posting.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page