ASMR Music Thread - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

ASMR Music Thread

Post ANYTHING that trigger your ASMR responses (the tingles).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

The echos in this song is so frequent that it causes surges throughout my spine!

In the Dark

By: Dev

post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 08:01 PM
absurdinista

What is ASMR?

//they値l clap when you die
they値l love you when you池e dead
and they値l understand
and you値l be forgiven then//

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Play these both together with rainy mood at half volume.

post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 10:10 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffinme View Post
What is ASMR?
It's when you hear a song ( Or any sound ) that you like so much that it gives you the chills.

Psychedelic rock, Heavy metal, and aggressive engine sounds does this for me.
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Oh boy. This one echoes me into submission. Really smooth, soft spoken voice. Maybe inspirational?

post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Quote:
What is ASMR?
ASMR for me, is felt in my brain. It tingles, stimulates and pleasures; inducing a state of relaxation and bliss. However, I do go through a "refractory" period, preventing me from feeling it for some time. But that's ok, I'm thankful for the moments when it happens. It's just... I want to feel it over and over again, I don't want it to stop. I want to be a puddle of drool when my sessions are over.

Some people say they build a resistance to this stuff. Be patient. ASMR can be a lot like surfing. Waves aren't always available. Can't tell the ocean, "Hey! Make more waves please."

I feel ASMR is similar to getting tickled, but in your brain. My aunt has this rascal dog that likes to jump on my arm when I sit down and lick me into submission. She doesn't stop too! She's just there, on top, licking! She always licks me into a coma. It feels so good! So I guess ASMR feels like that too. In fact, if I imagine being licked (no, not by a dog!), especially my neck, I feel the tingles.

I guess it's possible to feel it all over, but I prefer it in my brain. In the end, it should feel good!
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 10:12 PM
absurdinista

I like the rainy one. That's nice...ah.

//they値l clap when you die
they値l love you when you池e dead
and they値l understand
and you値l be forgiven then//
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Pam
Fitting In Here & There

I get the chills instantly whenever I hear Martin Luther King Jrs voice just START the i have a Dream speech.

I also react physically to a lot of Viet Nam War era songs. (I was born during that war in 1968.)

I don't need anyone to approve of what I say or do...but it's always nice when someone does.

Friend me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000279759091

Follow my art here. https://www.facebook.com/PaintInTheNeckArts
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Thanks for sharing, Pam!

If you guys can't find any ASMR music, could you recommend me songs that sound like Kaskade- 4AM? Smooth tones, good beat, with a bit of hop, hippy and just a bit of trippy in it?
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 PM
SAS Member

In terms of ASMR and relaxation, I'd half to say this one is my favorite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell
It's when you hear a song ( Or any sound ) that you like so much that it gives you the chills.

Psychedelic rock, Heavy metal, and aggressive engine sounds does this for me.

I think they are trying to call it frisson, the sensation that goes along with thrill or excitement of music rather than relaxation though, so... it's probably not "asmr" music. It all has something to do with a sensitive central nervous system, if you ask me.

I think Binaural Beats are another phenomenon, which if you are high strung on rails, yeah, it can knock you into serenity. Or does with me. Noticable changes with OCD and high Stress.

This is a good "thrill" song...

If you got a bit of the leaky serotonin happening, this one is great...

If you must know, this one gave me a nose bleed. Co-incidence? Listen for yourself...

ASMR Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (works wonders with my anxiety)
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Thanks for the submission, MrKappa!

Let's change the rules a bit---Whatever recordings that give the ASMR, post it!

Anything goes! I love the ear cleaning ones ^^

post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 12:45 AM
SAS Member

This helped me last night and knocked me out quite well.

Yeah yesterday I was on fire in terms of amsr, this really helped balance me out spiritually earlier. Although they are more of an all around artist than only asmr.

post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

We got a special treat, guys! Some imports!! Not sure what he's saying, little loud in the beginning, so watch out for that. I can just feel the thing go in my ear. Gave me a neck-twerking good time! Used this during my stressful times of Finals. Hope it helps you too:

post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Gentle Impulsion

My Mood: Angelic
Awesome thread! I wasn't really into ASMR until recently, but I really like it. I don't really get any tingles, it's just very relaxing to me.

Flowers in her hair
Demons in her head
Drugs in her veins
Madness in her mind
Love in her soul
Storm in her heart
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 02:23 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgz
Awesome thread! I wasn't really into ASMR until recently, but I really like it. I don't really get any tingles, it's just very relaxing to me.
That's exactly how I was when I started listening. I mean I felt very mild tingling from scratching and spinal sensations from foreign accents.

You would probably really find these videos triggering. Whisper Crystal.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhisperCrystal

Or possibly Gentle Whispering... She does pampering stuff a little more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GentleWhispering

Anyways, eventually after some time, I became incredibly more in tune with the sensations in my body. The more one watches, the chances are pretty good that you'll become more sensitive. It's like anything, only with ASMR, it's a specific discipline which focuses on reconnecting yourself with all the feelings and sensations we've done nothing except disconnect from through most of our lives.

Great stress relief.

Eventually, with practice you'll probably reach Autonomous capability. Sort of what happens with Yoga people and meditation, eventually they can turn on and off different states of mind. Only an opinion, really, but, yeah...

Anyways...

Well, this isn't ASMR, nor is it frisson, but whoa, leaky serotonin, and full body tingles all the way. More like a full body goosebump/frisson response.

Quote:
What is ASMR?
Specifically, well it's a little different with everyone. Basically it's a central nervous system sensation, normally along the scalp and spine. Frission seems like it's closely related, nearly the same really.

Anything that gives a tingling response through relaxation. It's almost like zoning out/burning out and tuning into the sensation of tingles that gives way as a result. Personally I think it has something to do with thin cerebral fluid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebrospinal_fluid

Quote:
Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is a clear colorless bodily fluid found in the brain and spine. It is produced in the choroid plexus of the brain. It acts as a cushion or buffer for the cortex, providing a basic mechanical and immunological protection to the brain inside the skull, and it serves a vital function in cerebral autoregulation of cerebral blood flow.
I don't know that, it's only my current working hypothesis, seeing as it's most agreed on that the sensations occur around that area, with the least amount of disagreeing.

Relaxation is a more all encompassing and accepted definition in line with empathy.

There are alot of responses. I won't list them all, but yeah you could include goosebumps, but it's not exactly ASMR, although it's a nervous system response.

Lip smacking is a trigger with many.

Um, roleplays or personal attention videos that trigger the ASMR response in combination with empathy response.

Took me a while, but I've basically experienced all the various triggers and gone into the realm of synesthesia occasionally. Well not all of them, there are probably more and some videos are non triggering.

For example, while watching a box being tapped and scratched, I ended up smelling the box while experiencing tingles.

Synesthesia is probably a rare minority though. Tingles from the tapping/scratching is common. In fact, the box video is probably the best example of what ASMR is. I've never gotten spinal response from these types of videos though. I've gotten chakra experiences from some videos but I would exactly call that ASMR although, progressively with sensitivity, yeah, they are probably related in some manner. Tingling in the brow area and so on.

The lucid dreaming, that's another phenomenon, that is pretty much out of this world.

You may need serotonergics to assist if your dreams are dull, infrequent and nearly non-existent. You know some people simply lack the visual capabilities of dreaming vividly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonergic

Anyways... Basically, everything you see, hear and watch on TV, is so rapid fire, and out of tune with human sensory experience, ASMR is sort of the opposite.

post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Let's talk gear too.

What headphones do you guys use?

Here's what I could scavenge after the Black Friday rush:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-174...&skuId=1117121

Not too shabby. Picks up the echoes and highs real nice.
post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM
SAS Member

I got two pairs of sony. The kind that cover the ears. You might like this one.

Anyways, yeah, this is where it all began...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holophonics#History

Quote:
Holophonics was created by Argentinian inventor, Hugo Zuccarelli, in 1980 during his studies at the Politecnico di Milano university. In 1983, Zuccarelli released a recording entitled Zuccarelli Holophonics (The Matchbox Shaker) in the United Kingdom (UK) that was produced by CBS. The recording consisted entirely of short recordings of sound effects designed to show off the Holophonics system. These included a shaking matchbox, haircut and blower, bees, balloon, plastic bag, birds, airplanes, fireworks, thunder and racing cars. In its early years, Holophonics was used by various artists, including Pink Floyd for The Final Cut (1983), Roger Waters on his solo album, The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking (1984) and Psychic TV's Dreams Less Sweet (1983). The system has been used in a film soundtrack, popular music, television and theme parks.[1]

This isn't exactly ASMR, or it's never given me tingles, maybe frisson, no head tingles though, you need relaxation for that, but yeah, back in 1979, this is the "holophonic sound" that has more or less become a huge ASMR trigger...

http://freq.org.uk/reviews/throbbing...greatest-hits/

Quote:
TG’s ambivalent approach to sonic fidelity, releasing roughly recorded live cassette recordings and on the other hand exploring state of the art holophonic sound techniques worked in their favour. The lo-fi recordings never sounded out of place, simply because there was no precedent at the time to reference what these strange sounds were ‘meant to’ sound like… the sound quality on any recording just became part of the music.
Throbbing Gristle is basically Psychic TV.

post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Kekwednesday(y)

Thanks again for your contributions guys! BIG thanks to MrKappa and his helpful ASMR links.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page