Always teary-eyed when seeing a therapist - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Beatles fan

Always teary-eyed when seeing a therapist

Whenever I talk about the negative aspects about myself or any negative thoughts I have, I almost start to cry. I try to stop because if I start crying, it will only get worse, and then the next time I come back, I shut myself off even more. What's wrong with me? I don't even feel good about letting these feelings out. It just makes me keep more to myself in the future... So disappointing.

I cried out last time. My eyes started welling up with tears, mostly due to PMS. I was sensitive & emotional during that time, and I'm basically just tired of life!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 AM
SAS Member

What was the therapist's reaction? Crying probably means that you've hit the nail right on the top regarding your problems, so I'm sure he'd encourage it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Beatles fan

She just handed me a tissue and continued saying that she was going to help me. Okay, that makes sense. Yeah, come to think of it, getting sympathy from somebody triggered those tears.

Saying things about myself that I'm not very proud of makes me very emotional. People always called me a "cry-baby" throughout my life, and I cry a lot so crying isn't an unusual activity for me.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 08:52 PM
drowning

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyGirlx View Post
Saying things about myself that I'm not very proud of makes me very emotional.
i dont see a therapist but im the exact same way. it's overwhelming saying it aloud and putting it all out there esp all the negative stuff. you think "this is me, this is my life" and it's downright depressing. it def makes it worse like you said having someone (the therapist) feel sympathy for you bc they're seeing the real you that you're so ashamed of.

only god can judge me.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 AM
SAS Member

I sometimes talk to my mom about harsh stuff and I just end up crying in her lap. It may seem pathetic but afterwards I feel much better. A long cry always helps

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

"When one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable, like... like old leather. And finally... becomes so familiar that one can't ever remember feeling any other way."

ďA guy needs somebody―to be near him. A guy goes nuts if he ain't got nobody. Don't make no difference who the guy is, long's he's with you. I tell ya, I tell ya a guy gets too lonely an' he gets sick.Ē
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

Crying is good it lets the boohoos out
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM
SAS Member

I've been like this with this therapist I've seen a few times. I can't help it. She says it is normal, but I can't help but feel extremely silly.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
SAS Member

ah, there was this time that for no reason i started to cry, the therapist had just gave me a mirrow and asked what i was seeing... i was feeling ok so i dont know what happened..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page