Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

2 counseling questions

909 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  millenniumman75 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It sounds like it's doing you good to talk your problems out with an objective professional. I've had a few years of therapy and stopped now due to having a therapist who was not treating me properly. I've had free therapy in the past with a very respectful psychologist and it did me good just talking to someone knowledgable and with practical advice.
I would have a therapist now but I really need a good break and maybe will try medication next. I only started therapy in my 30's.
You are only young and it's lucky you started therapy so young so I think you have to decide for yourself but it is obviously doing you some good.

#3 ·
W3stfa11,

In this case, having someone trained to help you through these exercises is the best way. I know it sounds weird, but he is your "professional sodekick" as you handle each milestone. I think my psychiatrist has been a tremendous help for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.