User requested bans - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 10:36 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In a Lonely Place View Post
How so?
There are several things that might happen. It might lead to all bans being seen as too much work, meaning that users will be able to get away with much more bad behavior. On the other hand, making this rule could give the mods more time to handle real issues such as users that are harassing others/breaking forum rules/etc. We will have to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 12:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Everyone here has made the decision on their own to join this forum and the choice to return. Nobody is being forced to come here. Being part of an online forum means each member must assume the responsibility for their own actions. It should not be up to the staff to restrict someone's access to the forum other than as a method of punishment for their own behavior. The sheer number of these requests we receive every week along with the continued abuse through ignoring the rules made us reach this decision.
This has nothing to do with my comment. I don't mind the rule because there are other methods that members can use to restrict access to this site. I was only making the point that it's not "easy" for everyone.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:34 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
If somebody is being stalked I'm pretty sure they can take it up with the mod team in private and something will be sorted out for them.
I'm pretty sure there are lots of situations that fall completely outside of that presumptive response. You simply can't handle every situation with such a canned solution.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:43 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I'm pretty sure there are lots of situations that fall completely outside of that presumptive response. You simply can't handle every situation with such a canned solution.
Oh really? Please tell me more, let's think outside the tin for a while.

We've all got a little bit of royal blood in our veins, we're all in line for the succession, and if nineteen million, four hundred thousand, two hundred and eight people die, I'll be king tomorrow. It's not very likely but its a nice thought and helps keep me going.

P.COOK

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:48 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I couldn't agree more.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 PM
SAS Member

^ He knows, you liked his post already lol

We've all got a little bit of royal blood in our veins, we're all in line for the succession, and if nineteen million, four hundred thousand, two hundred and eight people die, I'll be king tomorrow. It's not very likely but its a nice thought and helps keep me going.

P.COOK

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
^ He knows, you liked his post already lol
Got a problem?
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 02:59 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbyrfan View Post
Got a problem?
No I was just messing around.

P.COOK

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 04:37 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
A quick search on how to block a website will show several browser add-ons and tutorials with illustrated guides on how to do it. The majority of them are fairly easy to follow.

Doing it this way takes some self-control, but it will allow you to leave and return whenever you like. Now, there are no more waiting periods if you decide to change your mind a couple days into your ban, and you don't have to make a duplicate account in order to come back before your ban has expired.

It was mentioned about users trying to get banned on purpose. I would suggest not going this route. If you decide to do that and you want to return later on, there is no coming back. Any caught duplicates will be banned.

Quote:
We've dealt with unique situations before like stalking incidents for example and we'll continue to do so in the future as they're presented to us.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
I didn't see this before. I'm already missing the option to restrict myself from wasting time here.

Think it makes more sense to make people wait out their requested bans than force someone to go out of their way to stop themselves from wandering back here.

I'm going to be here forever though...

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 05:49 PM
giggling ******

Eventually people leave of their own free will. Seems quite reasonable to me to live and let die. I don't know why these endless debates go on when "nothing is going to change" as changes are being made.
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Swedish Feminist

Too bad the people who regularly complain about how things are run around here and then come back to post some more hadn't taken advantage of this option when they had the chance.

]
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Orb
Orblivious

Thread closed for conflicts.

There's a third world, the world of objective contents of thoughts. Teilhard de Chardin calls this third world the "Neurosphere", that is, the world of the mind.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page