Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Always appear disinterested

166 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Shy extrovert 
#1 ·
I'm somehow sabotaging myself without even being aware of how. I've gotten multiple times where guys think I'm disinterested in them. Granted this is when I'm fence sitting a bit and trying to figure out how I feel but even when I'm trying to flirt, it just never comes across once. Even a boyfriend at the time said I don't "act like a girlfriend" which really ****ing hurt. I tried hard, I greeted him with a kiss everytime I saw him and if we were cuddling it was usually cause of me. I gave him 70% of my time but I guess I hung out with my friends too much. But there may be something I'm doing subconsciously that tells people that I'm not interested in them that way. I'm trying to analyze the situations to see what could give them that implication. I am admittedly shy at making the first move sometimes, or perhaps I don't feel strongly enough about people and it comes across. What would tell you someone's not interested in you that way?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.