Whatís your favorite part of church - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
your dads girlfriend

Language: everything
My Mood: Sleepy

Whatís your favorite part of church

Mine is worship, I love singing gospel music and putting my hands up. Even though I have social anxiety when I used to go to church I would always be the first one to stand. I really love the song called Oceans and Lead Me To The Cross, beautiful songs. Iím thinking if I find the courage I will go back to church when I move.

I know a poet. Heís as sweet as pie, writes poems about me that make me cry. Arthur Miller, 12 years senior, heís my bugga baby sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:40 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Drinking the holy water.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:01 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Its the one time I'm around other believers so just being there with Christ followers means everything. To everyone else I'm just this Jesus freak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyandRage View Post
Mine is worship, I love singing gospel music and putting my hands up. Even though I have social anxiety when I used to go to church I would always be the first one to stand. I really love the song called Oceans and Lead Me To The Cross, beautiful songs. Iím thinking if I find the courage I will go back to church when I move.
How awesome . Great songs too.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:41 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My favorite part of church is singing too and it's nice to be around other believers.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:35 AM
SAS Member

Like you, it's worship for me too. It's funny - when I was a new believer, I felt incomfortable about worship and found it a bit awkward. But the closer I get to God and the deeper my faith gets, the more I love to worship. I can sense God so well during and feel his mighty presence, and it helps to strengthen my faith even more.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
When I'm walking outside, I'm not being disrespectful but when I went regularly that was my favorite part.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Vainglorious little sh*t

I'm not at all religious now, but when I was it was always the praise and worship. I loooove music and singing.

On enhanced mobile I don't receive notifications besides pms. Apologies if I don't respond.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:38 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
I've actually been to church a couple of times. Once to a Mormon church and once to a Christian Church. I did it mostly out of curiosity, I would invite the door knocking Mormon's into my house and talk to them even tho I didn't believe what they were saying. I met a Christian guy when I was meditating at a park, he walked up to me and I introduced himself, said that he only heard god speak to him twice, this was the second time and good told him to talk to me. I hung out with his family a few times.

This was around the time I was going to a Mosque as well, I wanted to bring the religious groups of my city together and teach them true spirituality it at least just bring them together but I was a couple of years into my anxiety by then and didn't have the confidence to go through it. I feel like I could have done it and it feels like a missed opportunity but maybe that will change when I feel less jaded and better again and I'll probably go about it differently this time.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:42 PM
SAS Member

I like the worship, but enjoy the sermons. I'm sort of a nerd when it comes to learning the Bible. I get anxious when they have an intermission where it's 10 minutes of "Turn to someone you don't know and introduce yourself."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:04 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJr7 View Post
I like the worship, but enjoy the sermons. I'm sort of a nerd when it comes to learning the Bible. I get anxious when they have an intermission where it's 10 minutes of "Turn to someone you don't know and introduce yourself."
Glad my church doesn't do that lol

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 01:53 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
Like you, it's worship for me too. It's funny - when I was a new believer, I felt incomfortable about worship and found it a bit awkward. But the closer I get to God and the deeper my faith gets, the more I love to worship. I can sense God so well during and feel his mighty presence, and it helps to strengthen my faith even more.
At first when I went to church, I felt awkward singing, etc but after I changed and I do sing etc.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:44 PM
Song and action man

A sermon that can inspire

ďJust because you have a choice, it doesn't mean that any of them 'has' to be right."
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:29 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
My favorite part of Church is I don't have to go to a building to worship, as long as I worship in spirit and in truth right where I am 24/7.

FAITH isn't blind. It's the EXPECTATION of things not seen. -Dave in Tenn

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page