Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Spiritual Support (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f38/)
-   -   Whatís your favorite part of church (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f38/what-s-your-favorite-part-of-church-2224471/)

BeautyandRage 06-12-2019 08:49 PM

Whatís your favorite part of church

Suchness 06-12-2019 10:40 PM

Drinking the holy water.

Kevin001 06-12-2019 11:01 PM

Its the one time I'm around other believers so just being there with Christ followers means everything. To everyone else I'm just this Jesus freak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyandRage (Post 1093740921)
Mine is worship, I love singing gospel music and putting my hands up. Even though I have social anxiety when I used to go to church I would always be the first one to stand. I really love the song called Oceans and Lead Me To The Cross, beautiful songs. Iím thinking if I find the courage I will go back to church when I move.

How awesome :). Great songs too.

lily 06-13-2019 03:41 AM

My favorite part of church is singing too and it's nice to be around other believers.

RoadToRecovery 06-13-2019 08:35 AM

Like you, it's worship for me too. It's funny - when I was a new believer, I felt incomfortable about worship and found it a bit awkward. But the closer I get to God and the deeper my faith gets, the more I love to worship. I can sense God so well during and feel his mighty presence, and it helps to strengthen my faith even more.

blue2 06-13-2019 02:44 PM

When I'm walking outside, I'm not being disrespectful but when I went regularly that was my favorite part.

SparklingWater 06-13-2019 03:37 PM

I'm not at all religious now, but when I was it was always the praise and worship. I loooove music and singing.

Suchness 06-13-2019 05:38 PM

I've actually been to church a couple of times. Once to a Mormon church and once to a Christian Church. I did it mostly out of curiosity, I would invite the door knocking Mormon's into my house and talk to them even tho I didn't believe what they were saying. I met a Christian guy when I was meditating at a park, he walked up to me and I introduced himself, said that he only heard god speak to him twice, this was the second time and good told him to talk to me. I hung out with his family a few times.

This was around the time I was going to a Mosque as well, I wanted to bring the religious groups of my city together and teach them true spirituality it at least just bring them together but I was a couple of years into my anxiety by then and didn't have the confidence to go through it. I feel like I could have done it and it feels like a missed opportunity but maybe that will change when I feel less jaded and better again and I'll probably go about it differently this time.

SteveJr7 06-13-2019 05:42 PM

I like the worship, but enjoy the sermons. I'm sort of a nerd when it comes to learning the Bible. I get anxious when they have an intermission where it's 10 minutes of "Turn to someone you don't know and introduce yourself."

Kevin001 06-13-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveJr7 (Post 1093741751)
I like the worship, but enjoy the sermons. I'm sort of a nerd when it comes to learning the Bible. I get anxious when they have an intermission where it's 10 minutes of "Turn to someone you don't know and introduce yourself."

Glad my church doesn't do that lol

lily 06-14-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery (Post 1093741333)
Like you, it's worship for me too. It's funny - when I was a new believer, I felt incomfortable about worship and found it a bit awkward. But the closer I get to God and the deeper my faith gets, the more I love to worship. I can sense God so well during and feel his mighty presence, and it helps to strengthen my faith even more.

At first when I went to church, I felt awkward singing, etc but after I changed and I do sing etc.

Dan the man 06-16-2019 06:44 PM

A sermon that can inspire

porter 06-20-2019 09:29 AM

My favorite part of Church is I don't have to go to a building to worship, as long as I worship in spirit and in truth right where I am 24/7.