There Is Only One God... - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Royals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,473

There Is Only One God...


My new video might give some clarity about biblical/religious truth. Do you believe there is only one God and Son of God or not?


Royals is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 05:33 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 191
I personally think logically. It is extremely, highly likely that there is no god.

1. God was 'invented' thousands of years ago at a time when people didn't have a clue what the world was, they didn't know what the stars or planets were, they didn't know if the earth was flat or round of square etc. So back then it was understandable humans thought of a higher power. Some thought the stars were gods looking down on them. The whole God thing was the best thing they had to an answer for things being the way they were. Today with what we know in terms of science - God is practically illogical.

2. Why would God create dinosaurs before us, if we are supposedly that important to him. Why do innocent children get cancer, why did 7 people just die in a Tram accident in London the other day. If there is a God that is making these things happen - he is a nasty nasty piece of work. The UK is full of atheists - yet we suffer no natural disasters, we are a rich country, we are one of the happiest countries on the planet. So god wants atheists to be happy? but wants to make an earthquake happen on top of some nuns in Italy? This again makes it illogical for there to be a god.

3. Why hasn't he shown himself to us. If he wants us to believe in him why can't he appear? It is that simple - show me a sign and I will believe in 'him'. I can't believe in something with no proof and no logic. If I told you there was a half Pig, half monkey god called Boris, that floated in the clouds, that created us and the planet etc.....you'd call ball-sh*t.


Why do people still believe in god today......because their parents brainwashed them from an early age.

If you did an experiment today with a family who was bringing up a child and told that child that there was a half pig / half monkey god called Boris who lived in the clouds and created everything you see. You had a church set up with images of this pig/monkey god. You surrounded the child with people (Actors) who believed in this pig/monkey god - that child would believe you and continue believing it until the day he died.

Basically your parents have brainwashed you into believing in this imaginary God.
db09striker is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 05:56 AM
Untitled
 
Overdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: France
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 5,205
Those debates will never stops, we know both sides have their own beliefs and proof.
The best way is to ignore them, because religious dudes and science dudes are both mad resilient.


Overdrive is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 02:10 PM
🎹
 
Kovu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 21
Posts: 1,080
1 Timothy 2:5New International Version (NIV)
5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
Kovu is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 04:47 PM
SAS Member
 
Andres124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 878
Amen brother! showing the truth in the video. Jesus Christ is God as the Scriptures show.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Andres124 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 04:03 AM
SAS Member
 
Mancman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Posts: 163
My Mood: Pensive
The reality is that the religious side has no proof whereas the scientific has.....Lets face it science has upset religion so many times and people of science and rational thinking have paid for it...We didn't get to the moon by ascension....
When was the last time this one God showed up positively (and with evidence?) Hasn't happened....
Mancman is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:45 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: SO50
Posts: 6,285
My Mood: Cool
"Those debates will never stops, we know both sides have their own beliefs and proof"

Only one side has real proof.

"You surrounded the child with people (Actors) who believed in this pig/monkey god - that child would believe you and continue believing it until the day he died"

This is no way to break this news to me. Thanks a lot.
SFC01 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Royals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by db09striker View Post
I personally think logically. It is extremely, highly likely that there is no god.

1. God was 'invented' thousands of years ago at a time when people didn't have a clue what the world was, they didn't know what the stars or planets were, they didn't know if the earth was flat or round of square etc. So back then it was understandable humans thought of a higher power. Some thought the stars were gods looking down on them. The whole God thing was the best thing they had to an answer for things being the way they were. Today with what we know in terms of science - God is practically illogical.

2. Why would God create dinosaurs before us, if we are supposedly that important to him. Why do innocent children get cancer, why did 7 people just die in a Tram accident in London the other day. If there is a God that is making these things happen - he is a nasty nasty piece of work. The UK is full of atheists - yet we suffer no natural disasters, we are a rich country, we are one of the happiest countries on the planet. So god wants atheists to be happy? but wants to make an earthquake happen on top of some nuns in Italy? This again makes it illogical for there to be a god.

3. Why hasn't he shown himself to us. If he wants us to believe in him why can't he appear? It is that simple - show me a sign and I will believe in 'him'. I can't believe in something with no proof and no logic. If I told you there was a half Pig, half monkey god called Boris, that floated in the clouds, that created us and the planet etc.....you'd call ball-sh*t.


Why do people still believe in god today......because their parents brainwashed them from an early age.

If you did an experiment today with a family who was bringing up a child and told that child that there was a half pig / half monkey god called Boris who lived in the clouds and created everything you see. You had a church set up with images of this pig/monkey god. You surrounded the child with people (Actors) who believed in this pig/monkey god - that child would believe you and continue believing it until the day he died.

Basically your parents have brainwashed you into believing in this imaginary God.

1. Just because human creates a personal vision of God in their minds doesn't mean God can't exist outside of that in a different realm or
in this world but invisible. The beauty, indredible complexity and detail of nature and this universe made people realize that must be
something more, or a person who created it all. Spiritual desire and longing is a different feeling wich needs to be fulfilled to feel whole
and one with creation and your Creator. And since science can't explain a lot of things, spirituality has to fill in the gaps. I have a
scientifical desire, emotional desires, physical desires, mental and spiritual desires. I long to know and learn more in all these fields. For
me, all of these are fascinating and my life wouldn't be complete without knowing where I came from, where I would go to, and what
the meaning of life is. Also knowing that there is someone immense who loves, forgives me, and gives me eternal life is a great comfort.
I need a God to makes sense of morality, justice, righteousness, free will, good and evil and all of these dillema's. Spiritual desire and
longing still exist, even when we know much more today, because it exists apart from science and because we simply wish to know and
find more about this God and His creation we love. I am on a spiritual scientifical road to find out more and more. It's a life long
journey.

2. Man was God's first creation. Adam & Eve. Then animals. People lived in the time of dinosaurs. Children get cancer because of
the circumstances, surroundings, bad lifestyle of their parents (genes) or other family, or defects of the human body. Because we
live in an imperfect sinful world mistakes happen. People die because of mistakes of themselves and others. God let's us make
decisions for ourselves. We have the freedom to do what we want. When we mess up we blame God. I think we should blame each
other and thank God for His freedom. The UK still has a higher perecentage of believers. And just because it may seem people get
away with their sin now doesn't mean they don't have to pay for the consequences later. He wants to save atheists but often atheists
don't want to be saved by God and do what they want. Tetonic plates of the earth make earthquakes happen. You say: bad things
happen, blame God. I say: bad things happen, consequence of man's sin and mistakes.

3. God is invisible but has walked with His people for thousands of years. Read the Bible. Just because He's invisible doesn't mean
He doesn't show Himself through blessings, miracles, prayers, healings, inspiration and physical/mental experiences.
You have no proof but you know how to get it. The process is: repentance (turning away from sins) and obeying/believing God.
I feel God's presence everyday because I have chosen to begin a relationship with Him. I would believe you if Boris could be
felt and experienced, and had saved billions of people, and had a book wich was written during thousands years of history by 48
writers. But so far no one else than God can compare or is equal to Him. Ofcourse if I was atheist I would say the same and
say God didn't exist, but ofcourse when I am a believer I can't deny God anymore. You either don't believe and don't see or
experience and you do and meet God. It's that simple.

God is not a cult leader, He sets us free and gives us free will to believe. You act like most believers are cult followers, while we believe
by personal choice. I always chose to believe, and since I was old enough I decided to still believe. And never really had a relationship
with God until some years ago when I truelly repented. Most people who follow a cult leader either end up dead or convert and snap out of their dream. But when you truelly are reborn of the Spirit and know God you are set free from all lies and sin, and you will never
leave God because you know He is the way, truth and life.


Well try to get a following of billions with spreading the gospel of Boris and see how many people you convert. It won't work because people know there's no truth in it. But they do know Jesus is the way, and God answers their prayers. So knowing the truth is different than being brainwashed.
Royals is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Royals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancman View Post
The reality is that the religious side has no proof whereas the scientific has.....Lets face it science has upset religion so many times and people of science and rational thinking have paid for it...We didn't get to the moon by ascension....
When was the last time this one God showed up positively (and with evidence?) Hasn't happened....


I have different proof wich you don't accept. And I have scientifical, spiritual, scriptural and emotional evidence. I don't let science upset me, I embrace it next to theology and spirituality. I am thirsty for more knowledge from all fields and want to know more. I know science can't answer plent of things wich theology can and vice versa. So I need them all. I feel Gods presence everyday beause i am close to Him and He draws near to me.
Royals is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 11:42 AM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 152,590
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
Those debates will never stops, we know both sides have their own beliefs and proof.
The best way is to ignore them, because religious dudes and science dudes are both mad resilient.
The thing is.....science is continuing to prove that the Bible is true. Recent findings of a very old copy of parts of the Old Testament - computer-enhanced - shows that it is an authentic copy. The earthquake that occurred when Jesus was on the cross could be shown in the ground faults.

There is a park here in the States that recently opened an exact replica of Noah's ark using all of the dimensions listed in the Book of Genesis.

It's really very interesting.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 11:09 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,186
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals View Post
1. Just because human creates a personal vision of God in their minds doesn't mean God can't exist outside of that in a different realm or
in this world but invisible. The beauty, indredible complexity and detail of nature and this universe made people realize that must be
something more, or a person who created it all. Spiritual desire and longing is a different feeling wich needs to be fulfilled to feel whole
and one with creation and your Creator. And since science can't explain a lot of things, spirituality has to fill in the gaps. I have a
scientifical desire, emotional desires, physical desires, mental and spiritual desires. I long to know and learn more in all these fields. For
me, all of these are fascinating and my life wouldn't be complete without knowing where I came from, where I would go to, and what
the meaning of life is. Also knowing that there is someone immense who loves, forgives me, and gives me eternal life is a great comfort.
I need a God to makes sense of morality, justice, righteousness, free will, good and evil and all of these dillema's. Spiritual desire and
longing still exist, even when we know much more today, because it exists apart from science and because we simply wish to know and
find more about this God and His creation we love. I am on a spiritual scientifical road to find out more and more. It's a life long
journey.

2. Man was God's first creation. Adam & Eve. Then animals. People lived in the time of dinosaurs. Children get cancer because of
the circumstances, surroundings, bad lifestyle of their parents (genes) or other family, or defects of the human body. Because we
live in an imperfect sinful world mistakes happen. People die because of mistakes of themselves and others. God let's us make
decisions for ourselves. We have the freedom to do what we want. When we mess up we blame God. I think we should blame each
other and thank God for His freedom. The UK still has a higher perecentage of believers. And just because it may seem people get
away with their sin now doesn't mean they don't have to pay for the consequences later. He wants to save atheists but often atheists
don't want to be saved by God and do what they want. Tetonic plates of the earth make earthquakes happen. You say: bad things
happen, blame God. I say: bad things happen, consequence of man's sin and mistakes.

3. God is invisible but has walked with His people for thousands of years. Read the Bible. Just because He's invisible doesn't mean
He doesn't show Himself through blessings, miracles, prayers, healings, inspiration and physical/mental experiences.
You have no proof but you know how to get it. The process is: repentance (turning away from sins) and obeying/believing God.
I feel God's presence everyday because I have chosen to begin a relationship with Him. I would believe you if Boris could be
felt and experienced, and had saved billions of people, and had a book wich was written during thousands years of history by 48
writers. But so far no one else than God can compare or is equal to Him. Ofcourse if I was atheist I would say the same and
say God didn't exist, but ofcourse when I am a believer I can't deny God anymore. You either don't believe and don't see or
experience and you do and meet God. It's that simple.

God is not a cult leader, He sets us free and gives us free will to believe. You act like most believers are cult followers, while we believe
by personal choice. I always chose to believe, and since I was old enough I decided to still believe. And never really had a relationship
with God until some years ago when I truelly repented. Most people who follow a cult leader either end up dead or convert and snap out of their dream. But when you truelly are reborn of the Spirit and know God you are set free from all lies and sin, and you will never
leave God because you know He is the way, truth and life.


Well try to get a following of billions with spreading the gospel of Boris and see how many people you convert. It won't work because people know there's no truth in it. But they do know Jesus is the way, and God answers their prayers. So knowing the truth is different than being brainwashed.
[/QUOTE]
1. Science cannot explain many things. Hence spirituality fills in the gaps, just like you said. But have you noticed the decline(in spiritually explained things/phenomenon) that is linear to humanity's advancement in knowledge?

I would prefer to learn more about how i can avert eternal damnation, rather than learn about creation. I just think it makes more sense to put all my efforts into avoiding everlasting torture(according to your doctrine of an eternal hell), than to increase my chances(as small as they may be) of ending up in hell forever.

2. No, children get cancer because God created cancer. I mean think about it, its not like cancer evolved from God's all perfect creation. Someone created cancer.

God is all-powerful, Alpha to Omega, which means he created everything. So God created evil. Evil is not something that we automatically create whenever we make a sinful choice. Because God created everything(including all human reasoning, thinking and logic), and evil is a choice, and for a choice(whether conscious or unconscious) to be made, thinking must be done, and since God created everything, God created all thinking. So God created evil, evil isnt just some randomly produced consequence of our negative actions/choices. Because when you look at the universe from a religious perspective, it becomes obvious that since everything was created by God(not by chance), God created evil.

3. If God walks with his people, then why dont we see him walking(performing miracles, demonstrating his power) with his people today? It seems as if God is hiding himself from our view. But the Bible says that God is always the same and never changes, but from what we have observed, God has changed. You have no proof of miracles. There are some claimed miracles, but no substantial evidence that they were divinely ordained acts.

You are basically saying that you believe in God because many people believe in God. But did you know that the global population of Christians only exceeds Muslims by about 35%? And Budhism and Hinduism have very large followings as well. Christianity is viewed as the only true religion by most people, because guess what, the largest religious group is Christianity and most people are Christians. Would you still be a Christian if the Christian population was only, say, 10 million(rather than the 2 billion it is currently)? Or would you be a Christian in the ancient times(before Christianity even existed), an era where most people were polytheistic?

I've believed in God my whole life(until recently of course) and i have never "seen" God as you describe. I felt a presence, but that feeling(of being watched, etc) was influenced by my beliefs.

We do believe by pereonal choice, that couldnt be farther from the truth. Because according to your doctrine, we burn in hell forever if we dont believe.
sad1231234 is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Royals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,473
1. Science cannot explain many things. Hence spirituality fills in the gaps, just like you said. But have you noticed the decline(in spiritually explained things/phenomenon) that is linear to humanity's advancement in knowledge?

I would prefer to learn more about how i can avert eternal damnation, rather than learn about creation. I just think it makes more sense to put all my efforts into avoiding everlasting torture(according to your doctrine of an eternal hell), than to increase my chances(as small as they may be) of ending up in hell forever.

2. No, children get cancer because God created cancer. I mean think about it, its not like cancer evolved from God's all perfect creation. Someone created cancer.

God is all-powerful, Alpha to Omega, which means he created everything. So God created evil. Evil is not something that we automatically create whenever we make a sinful choice. Because God created everything(including all human reasoning, thinking and logic), and evil is a choice, and for a choice(whether conscious or unconscious) to be made, thinking must be done, and since God created everything, God created all thinking. So God created evil, evil isnt just some randomly produced consequence of our negative actions/choices. Because when you look at the universe from a religious perspective, it becomes obvious that since everything was created by God(not by chance), God created evil.

3. If God walks with his people, then why dont we see him walking(performing miracles, demonstrating his power) with his people today? It seems as if God is hiding himself from our view. But the Bible says that God is always the same and never changes, but from what we have observed, God has changed. You have no proof of miracles. There are some claimed miracles, but no substantial evidence that they were divinely ordained acts.

You are basically saying that you believe in God because many people believe in God. But did you know that the global population of Christians only exceeds Muslims by about 35%? And Budhism and Hinduism have very large followings as well. Christianity is viewed as the only true religion by most people, because guess what, the largest religious group is Christianity and most people are Christians. Would you still be a Christian if the Christian population was only, say, 10 million(rather than the 2 billion it is currently)? Or would you be a Christian in the ancient times(before Christianity even existed), an era where most people were polytheistic?

I've believed in God my whole life(until recently of course) and i have never "seen" God as you describe. I felt a presence, but that feeling(of being watched, etc) was influenced by my beliefs.

We do believe by pereonal choice, that couldnt be farther from the truth. Because according to your doctrine, we burn in hell forever if we dont believe.[/QUOTE]


1. Yes and I love that science and spirituality an complete each other. there is need for both and always will be. Well you can learn from the Bible. It makes it very clear what to do to avoid darkness. Believe in God/Jesus and keep His commandments.

2. God creates no decease. He is love and heals the sick. Sin and human's behavior does. Indeed, creation was perfect until sin came into the world.

He is the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end. Genesis tells creation was good until Adam and Eve ate from the apple and tree of knowledge. So human brought sin into the world. And Satan was/is the deceiver, and they chose to listen to him.
Someone good cannot be evil. He cannot be all loving and evil at the same time.
Yes, sin destroys ourselves and others. Look at murder, it destroys the spirit of the killer and of the family of the victim. Look at drinking, it destroys your body and can causes accidents. Adultry hurts the man and woman involved. Stealing also.
He created our brains but we create our thoughts. If someone creates a car and het causes an accident, it doesn't mean the car is at fault, but the driver. We are responsible for our thoughts our brains creates, that is why sin is wrong because you choose to act on the bad thoughts. That is why Jesus says 'if you look at someone with lust you commited adultry in your hearts'. Sin starts with a bad thought and an action afterwards. So yes, we are responisble for our thoughts and actions. If you think God thinks for us, you are basically saying we are robots controlled by Him with no free will. But we have free will. So also satan was created a good angel at tfirst but by his own choice rebelled against God.

3. Are you serious? Miracles happen everyday. They are in the news everyday. In books, documentaries. People testify. Doctors, firemen, Christians, Jews, ordinary people. You just choose to not see. Well I see them! And I have read about them so much. Anything wich is out of our hands and seems impossible to us is a miracle. I can give you statistics of almost any country wich says that Christianity or Islam is the biggest percentage of religion in that country. So it's normal for people to believe in God. Buddism and Hindiusm is mostly in the East, China, India, Tibet, and countries like that, not worldwide. How can Christianity convince and awaken so many different people worlwide? Well there is someone at work, the Holy Spirit. And He performs miraculous transformations everyday! A person radically changed from day to night, addictis, occultists, sick people become new creations on fire for God. I think those are miracles!

I would only be a believer if God concinved me. I have searched and Jesus concinved me. Not other prophets or gods. So I would believe regardless if there was 100 believers. If it's the truth it will reveal itself.

You can easily know if you are changed or not. By the fruits of the Spirit. If you have those. And if you have new desires, new wants, goals, views. If you are still living in sin it's a bad sign. If your faith is weak and you doubt too much it's a bad sign. If you're not convinced and convicted also. Because the Holy Spirit convicts us of the truth! So I am truelly convinced, how can I ever doubt God again?
Royals is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 12:49 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,186
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals View Post
1. Yes and I love that science and spirituality an complete each other. there is need for both and always will be. Well you can learn from the Bible. It makes it very clear what to do to avoid darkness. Believe in God/Jesus and keep His commandments.

2. God creates no decease. He is love and heals the sick. Sin and human's behavior does. Indeed, creation was perfect until sin came into the world.

He is the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end. Genesis tells creation was good until Adam and Eve ate from the apple and tree of knowledge. So human brought sin into the world. And Satan was/is the deceiver, and they chose to listen to him.
Someone good cannot be evil. He cannot be all loving and evil at the same time.
Yes, sin destroys ourselves and others. Look at murder, it destroys the spirit of the killer and of the family of the victim. Look at drinking, it destroys your body and can causes accidents. Adultry hurts the man and woman involved. Stealing also.
He created our brains but we create our thoughts. If someone creates a car and het causes an accident, it doesn't mean the car is at fault, but the driver. We are responsible for our thoughts our brains creates, that is why sin is wrong because you choose to act on the bad thoughts. That is why Jesus says 'if you look at someone with lust you commited adultry in your hearts'. Sin starts with a bad thought and an action afterwards. So yes, we are responisble for our thoughts and actions. If you think God thinks for us, you are basically saying we are robots controlled by Him with no free will. But we have free will. So also satan was created a good angel at tfirst but by his own choice rebelled against God.

3. Are you serious? Miracles happen everyday. They are in the news everyday. In books, documentaries. People testify. Doctors, firemen, Christians, Jews, ordinary people. You just choose to not see. Well I see them! And I have read about them so much. Anything wich is out of our hands and seems impossible to us is a miracle. I can give you statistics of almost any country wich says that Christianity or Islam is the biggest percentage of religion in that country. So it's normal for people to believe in God. Buddism and Hindiusm is mostly in the East, China, India, Tibet, and countries like that, not worldwide. How can Christianity convince and awaken so many different people worlwide? Well there is someone at work, the Holy Spirit. And He performs miraculous transformations everyday! A person radically changed from day to night, addictis, occultists, sick people become new creations on fire for God. I think those are miracles!

I would only be a believer if God concinved me. I have searched and Jesus concinved me. Not other prophets or gods. So I would believe regardless if there was 100 believers. If it's the truth it will reveal itself.

You can easily know if you are changed or not. By the fruits of the Spirit. If you have those. And if you have new desires, new wants, goals, views. If you are still living in sin it's a bad sign. If your faith is weak and you doubt too much it's a bad sign. If you're not convinced and convicted also. Because the Holy Spirit convicts us of the truth! So I am truelly convinced, how can I ever doubt God again?
1. By what i said, i was saying that Spirituality is used to explain the gaps in science. But the more discoveries we unearth from the cosmos, the less Spirituality is needed lol. We dont need to believe in giant animals holding up the Earth anymore, because we now know that an invisible force keeps the Earth glued to the Sun. We may even find out in our lifetimes whether or not NDE's are spiritual experiences or the results of the brain.

2. There is no evidence that God heals the sick. Our only current evidence is that the body heals itself, due to a long, complicated biological process.

"God creates no disease". How did cancer form?
- did satan create cancer? If he did, what else can he create that can kill people, perhaps kill the, before they repent for their sins, thus averting eternal damnation
- did cancer cells just mutate out of no where? That seems to support evolution dont you think?
- did humans create cancer? There is the extremely slight possibility that it could have been the result of a top secret laboratory test gone wrong lol
- is cancer just the result of today's unhealthy things such as diets, pollution, etc? Why didnt some other disease form instead of cancer? What fundamental hyper-cosmic law(apart from God's will) causes cancer to form, and according to how chaotic the laws of probability are, what are the chances of that law causing cancer to form, and not causing something else to form instead? Who created those laws? According to you, God.
Disease is not just a random occurance that happens from a combination of different things. Someone(God) saw in the future that cancer would exist because of the way God created cells(with the possibility of mutating into cancerous cells) yet God did not do anything about it, therefore God knew cancer would exist but God didnt stop it, in fact, God condoned(if not, created) cancer.

"Look at... it causes...[bad things] to happen." Look at religion. Christianity caused the Dark Ages. The fear of hell caused the Spanish Inquision. The story of a woman who ate a fruit created thousands of years of misogyny. Bible verses condoning slavery gave people an excuse to continue the practice up until the late 1800's. Just because excessive amounts of alcahol can damage your body does not necessarily mean that alcahol is evil/can send you to hell.

3. They are not miracles until you can prove with substantial evidence that they are miracles. You are assuming that they are miracles.

"You just choose to not see [miracles]". First of all, what are you implying? That i am choosing to not watch "miraculous" occurances on tv or that i am choosing to not "see" that they are "miracles"? What if i were to say that you are choosing to see things(miracles) which do not exist? That would cancel out your statement. Therefor, you have a flawed arguement. No one is going to believe that miracles are real if you simply tell them that they can not see miracles. Because perhaps instead of seeing a simple-minded explanation(requiring primitive logic), they see scientific explanations and evidences that can disprove miracles. The statement you just said is absurd.

"I can give you evidence that Christianity or Islam is the biggest religion in a country". First of all, Christianity is a different religion from Islam and has different fundamental doctrines. Secondly, Buddhism and Hinduism are not very far behind Christianity. You can tell yourself that Christianity is the shining beacon of the world but there are only about 2 times as many Christians as Hindus, if im correct, lol. Thirdly, what you are proclaiming means that either 1. A religion is correct because it is the most believed religion, or 2. The number of believers of a religion is not relevant to whether or not that religion is the truth or not. If you believe 2, then you can not say that Christianity is true just because its the most popular religion. If you believe 1, then you would be one of the wicked people in Noah's time. Either way, your statement is invalid.

"I would only be a believer if God convinced me. No other religion has convinced me". That is what almost every believer of religion says to him/herself. Some sudden feeling(probably brain-induced) of peace cannot convince me of the existence of a divine, intelligent designer. I will only be convinced when i know beyond reasonable doubt that for a fact, scientific evidence and logic are both consistent with each other in supporting the idea of a God.
sad1231234 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why i believe in GOD ben3188 Coping With Social Anxiety 1 06-19-2016 08:27 PM
Are humans responsible agents? Why? AngelClare Agnosticism, Atheism and Religion 235 06-04-2016 02:15 AM
I think I'm losing my faith ingsoc3125 Spiritual Support 8 03-31-2016 03:30 PM
Thank God for Girls LostinReverie Entertainment 13 11-07-2015 11:21 PM
YOU are God dachickmagnet General Discussion 20 10-17-2015 06:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome