I personally think logically. It is extremely, highly likely that there is no god.
1. God was 'invented' thousands of years ago at a time when people didn't have a clue what the world was, they didn't know what the stars or planets were, they didn't know if the earth was flat or round of square etc. So back then it was understandable humans thought of a higher power. Some thought the stars were gods looking down on them. The whole God thing was the best thing they had to an answer for things being the way they were. Today with what we know in terms of science - God is practically illogical.
2. Why would God create dinosaurs before us, if we are supposedly that important to him. Why do innocent children get cancer, why did 7 people just die in a Tram accident in London the other day. If there is a God that is making these things happen - he is a nasty nasty piece of work. The UK is full of atheists - yet we suffer no natural disasters, we are a rich country, we are one of the happiest countries on the planet. So god wants atheists to be happy? but wants to make an earthquake happen on top of some nuns in Italy? This again makes it illogical for there to be a god.
3. Why hasn't he shown himself to us. If he wants us to believe in him why can't he appear? It is that simple - show me a sign and I will believe in 'him'. I can't believe in something with no proof and no logic. If I told you there was a half Pig, half monkey god called Boris, that floated in the clouds, that created us and the planet etc.....you'd call ball-sh*t.
Why do people still believe in god today......because their parents brainwashed them from an early age.
If you did an experiment today with a family who was bringing up a child and told that child that there was a half pig / half monkey god called Boris who lived in the clouds and created everything you see. You had a church set up with images of this pig/monkey god. You surrounded the child with people (Actors) who believed in this pig/monkey god - that child would believe you and continue believing it until the day he died.
Basically your parents have brainwashed you into believing in this imaginary God.
1. Just because human creates a personal vision of God in their minds doesn't mean God can't exist outside of that in a different realm or
in this world but invisible. The beauty, indredible complexity and detail of nature and this universe made people realize that must be
something more, or a person who created it all. Spiritual desire and longing is a different feeling wich needs to be fulfilled to feel whole
and one with creation and your Creator. And since science can't explain a lot of things, spirituality has to fill in the gaps. I have a
scientifical desire, emotional desires, physical desires, mental and spiritual desires. I long to know and learn more in all these fields. For
me, all of these are fascinating and my life wouldn't be complete without knowing where I came from, where I would go to, and what
the meaning of life is. Also knowing that there is someone immense who loves, forgives me, and gives me eternal life is a great comfort.
I need a God to makes sense of morality, justice, righteousness, free will, good and evil and all of these dillema's. Spiritual desire and
longing still exist, even when we know much more today, because it exists apart from science and because we simply wish to know and
find more about this God and His creation we love. I am on a spiritual scientifical road to find out more and more. It's a life long
2. Man was God's first creation. Adam & Eve. Then animals. People lived in the time of dinosaurs. Children get cancer because of
the circumstances, surroundings, bad lifestyle of their parents (genes) or other family, or defects of the human body. Because we
live in an imperfect sinful world mistakes happen. People die because of mistakes of themselves and others. God let's us make
decisions for ourselves. We have the freedom to do what we want. When we mess up we blame God. I think we should blame each
other and thank God for His freedom. The UK still has a higher perecentage of believers. And just because it may seem people get
away with their sin now doesn't mean they don't have to pay for the consequences later. He wants to save atheists but often atheists
don't want to be saved by God and do what they want. Tetonic plates of the earth make earthquakes happen. You say: bad things
happen, blame God. I say: bad things happen, consequence of man's sin and mistakes.
3. God is invisible but has walked with His people for thousands of years. Read the Bible. Just because He's invisible doesn't mean
He doesn't show Himself through blessings, miracles, prayers, healings, inspiration and physical/mental experiences.
You have no proof but you know how to get it. The process is: repentance (turning away from sins) and obeying/believing God.
I feel God's presence everyday because I have chosen to begin a relationship with Him. I would believe you if Boris could be
felt and experienced, and had saved billions of people, and had a book wich was written during thousands years of history by 48
writers. But so far no one else than God can compare or is equal to Him. Ofcourse if I was atheist I would say the same and
say God didn't exist, but ofcourse when I am a believer I can't deny God anymore. You either don't believe and don't see or
experience and you do and meet God. It's that simple.
God is not a cult leader, He sets us free and gives us free will to believe. You act like most believers are cult followers, while we believe
by personal choice. I always chose to believe, and since I was old enough I decided to still believe. And never really had a relationship
with God until some years ago when I truelly repented. Most people who follow a cult leader either end up dead or convert and snap out of their dream. But when you truelly are reborn of the Spirit and know God you are set free from all lies and sin, and you will never
leave God because you know He is the way, truth and life.
Well try to get a following of billions with spreading the gospel of Boris and see how many people you convert. It won't work because people know there's no truth in it. But they do know Jesus is the way, and God answers their prayers. So knowing the truth is different than being brainwashed.