Spiritual Support Thread- What's bothering you? - Page 11 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #201 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 08:47 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
you're going the wrong direction, God would help you go the right way and bless you, give you the desires of your heart when you put Him first, giving it your all, delight in Him. focus on the love of God, loving God fully and loving others as yourself and to bring you and as many others to heaven with you, eternal peace and joy and no more suffering in heaven, not temporary things on Earth. I watched the film, Heaven Is for Real, based on a true story which I will do a post on later.
The Greatest Commandment

29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” Mark 12:29-31

The Fulfillment of the Law

18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:18-20

The Parable of the Ten Virgins
25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. Matthew 25:1-13
be ready full of oil!
blessings
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled View Post
lily, Heaven Is For Real is a great movie! We have it at home on dvd. Very interesting.
Its an ok movie lol. Didn't like how the girl at the end saw a "white" Jesus. Fireproof and Do you believe are great movies.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Its an ok movie lol. Didn't like how the girl at the end saw a "white" Jesus. Fireproof and Do you believe are great movies.
No the girl who is a self-learned artist drew a Jesus with bluish-green eyes which shows that He was Jewish. she was a 4 yr old who also had visits to heaven and the boy agreed that, that is how Jesus looks like, He doesn't have brown eyes. When the real-life boy was interviewed he said that there are a lot of things to do in heaven and that when he was there, he didn't want to come back but Jesus told him he had to go back (father's 'angry' prayer). That's what I recall and my understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled View Post
lily, Heaven Is For Real is a great movie! We have it at home on dvd. Very interesting.
I thought so too! it made me happy that heaven is so much better and it's for eternity. Jesus said something like, in our house there are many rooms and that no eye has seen nor ear has heard what's in store for us in heaven

In My Father's House are Many Rooms
1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. John 14:1-3
aw

9Rather, as it is written: “ No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9
post #203 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 04:58 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
No the girl who is a self-learned artist drew a Jesus with bluish-green eyes which shows that He was Jewish. she was a 4 yr old who also had visits to heaven and the boy agreed that, that is how Jesus looks like, He doesn't have brown eyes. When the real-life boy was interviewed he said that there are a lot of things to do in heaven and that when he was there, he didn't want to come back but Jesus told him he had to go back (father's 'angry' prayer). That's what I recall and my understanding.

[/I]
He most likely had dark eyes. We also need to be careful in believing people that had visions/dreams. Could it be true? Maybe but I would still use discernment.

But overall His appearance isn't important .

"Most of the images we have of Jesus today are probably not accurate. Jesus was a Jew, so He likely had dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. This is a far cry from the European/Caucasian Jesus in most modern portrayals. One thing is clear: if it were important for us to know what He really did look like, Matthew, Peter and John, who spent three years with Him, would certainly be able to give us an accurate description, as would His own brothers, James and Jude. Yet, these New Testament writers offer no details about His physical attributes."

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome

post #204 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 08:49 AM
Just Me

Language: English - some Spanish and Italian
Kevin, thank you for telling me about those other two movies. I had heard of Fireproof but never seen it. And the other one, I will definitely look into. It looks good.

Lily, yes, I read all about that artist Akiane Kramarik. I do believe these people have had a glimpse of Heaven and Jesus.

"To thine own self be true."
post #205 of 205 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
He most likely had dark eyes. We also need to be careful in believing people that had visions/dreams. Could it be true? Maybe but I would still use discernment.

But overall His appearance isn't important .

"Most of the images we have of Jesus today are probably not accurate. Jesus was a Jew, so He likely had dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. This is a far cry from the European/Caucasian Jesus in most modern portrayals. One thing is clear: if it were important for us to know what He really did look like, Matthew, Peter and John, who spent three years with Him, would certainly be able to give us an accurate description, as would His own brothers, James and Jude. Yet, these New Testament writers offer no details about His physical attributes."
I have a recollection of learning that Jewish people have bluish-green eyes and it could be very dark bluish-green and I had a counselor who said, "I'm a Jew" and she had very fair skin and I think light bluish-green eyes but I'm not sure if there are lighter and darker Jewish people or if she was mixed but she only said she was a Jew so I think she was purely Jewish and also the painting of Jesus from the girl, in the film he looked more white, it was probably the lighting or that he had a "glow", but when I looked up "heaven is for real painting of jesus", I also saw a darker, tan or olive colored skin in the same painting and he did have dark hair and eye brows in the painting, just to let you know. I also have known another man who said he was a Jew, but I recall he had dark, black hair and dark eyes but I don't recall if it was a very dark bluish-green of eyes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page