Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Spiritual Support Thread- What's bothering you?

15K views 209 replies 18 participants last post by  Kevin001 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, This is a Spiritual Support Thread where we can share what we're going through w/ God and could also get and give support to others.

Well, for me, one of the things is that someone who I thought was my friend has not responded to me in months and I obviously think there's something wrong. I hope he's ok and I hope it's not something I hate and feel is annoying and unnecessary.

#2 ·
^^ aww praying things work out.

For me its like how long do I have to wait God? I know everything is His timing its just so hard sometimes.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Just this whole independence thing.....own place and stuff. God will see me through it I know.

#9 ·
@Musicfan

I have identified one of my issues as being large open spaces and especially open access rooms (and/or larger rooms with open access). I don't enjoy the feeling of being somewhere where just anyone can come moseying along. Like I don't know exactly what I fear is gonna happen if they do. I just don't like it. I don't like being seated in a public seating area. Incredibly anxiety-inducing. And that's on top of whatever the reason is why I'm there in the first place. Which is usually not good. (hospital or something).

Like even our living room bothers me to be in there. I could take my laptop and go in there late at night and have a nicer place to sit but I don't do it because I don't like being in there and it doesn't feel right to not have a door.

That was one reason I hated church (but far from the only one)

#11 ·
@Musicfan

I have identified one of my issues as being large open spaces and especially open access rooms (and/or larger rooms with open access). I don't enjoy the feeling of being somewhere where just anyone can come moseying along. Like I don't know exactly what I fear is gonna happen if they do. I just don't like it. I don't like being seated in a public seating area. Incredibly anxiety-inducing. And that's on top of whatever the reason is why I'm there in the first place. Which is usually not good. (hospital or something).

Like even our living room bothers me to be in there. I could take my laptop and go in there late at night and have a nicer place to sit but I don't do it because I don't like being in there and it doesn't feel right to not have a door.

That was one reason I hated church (but far from the only one)
Does it bother you that someone would talk to you, and be offensive? That's one of my fears, for some reason I can't stand more than a few people's attention especially when its negative. CBT therapy tries to talk you out of those fears but some have been there since the beginning so it's a primal reaction sometimes. I also think that fear of open spaces might be more common these days with the mass shootings happening.

I've actually never been to a Sunday church service, just watched them on the internet. I might have to ask my doctor for a strict benzo script so that I could go and keep my anxiety from disrupting my focus. Part of the fear is they sometimes ask the congregation to hug and shake the hands of each other and do get personal. So that's something I have to prepare for.

#14 ·
I have anxiety about church too, and it's been hard going to a new one that I just started going to. I want to just act normal and comfortable but even though I've only been a few times they can tell I'm nervous. Also I know a few people there but not very well. So I understand your dilemma. Usually when I come in I just find a seat and look at the program until church starts unless people come up to me and say hi. After it starts I just focus on singing or the preaching and try to tune everything else out.

Also most everyone else will be focused on what's going on during church rather than people sitting around them.

#15 ·
Thanks for sharing. Yeah I worry if I get nervous that the church would reject me like I'm an outsider. I've heard about churches that are a little judgemental and dismissive of single adults, like family based churches. You're right though that people will be mostly focused on the service and probably aren't thinking of people in the pews. Dress code is also a concern of mine since I don't have anything nice to wear.

#19 ·
I'm a Christian and I still have this feeling that God and Jesus Christ is real. I feel guilty that I've done something or more than 1 thing wrong that is the reason I'm in this very dark/sad place right now, but I also didn't really know it was wrong what I did. I wish God would lighten up my day much more and help me to be really happy again in a true way.

#20 ·
I'm all for suffering for the Lord but man its hard sometimes.

#29 ·
Ate at church but couldn't stay long because nose was acting up and just felt uncomfortable.

#30 ·
just so tired of this immoral world. no one is held accountable for their bad actions. the good people are looked down and spat on. only the incredibly strong ones are able to make a dent in the bad **** everyone is up to.

#31 ·
Sometimes the spiritual battles can be so overwhelming.

#35 ·
Chick-fil-A selling out and giving in.

#36 ·
Don't feel the Holy Spirit moving in my current church anymore, they are avoiding topics and less and less participation for members.

#38 ·
I think talking to someone online is only an addiction if it prevents you from doing things you have to- for example, being up all night- and then only if that happens often.

I think long term conversations/ friends wont tend to be online, but I think some nerd sites do have that, like The Imperial Library, which has had people collaborating on elder scrolls lore for decades. I guess shared interest and purpose binds people.

#40 ·
The whole wake up Olivia thing. Guy can restore but we have to trust Him with the good and the bad.

#43 ·
Going to watch an online service today but my current church has me conflicted. The people are nice but just seems like the pastor preaches the same stuff over and over again and I'm not getting fed. Just surface stuff and nothing too deep it seems.

#44 ·
I hope you find a better church Kevin001 or perhaps you can watch helpful sermons online and also go to your church for fellowship. I know Charles Stanley @ www.intouch.org who is a really good pastor. I've watched his sermons in the past online in the archives from 2007/2008 to 2011/12. He has topics like 'Walking in Step With God' for beginners, 'Valley Experience', etc. I don't recall the exact names necessarily or the other ones I've watched but I know they were really helpful. God bless you and happy new year! ^prayed for you.

Just to note what has bothered me is that I noticed quite some time before that my profile # of posts is not the same as what shows on the outside anymore and I recall that my posts were a little more yesterday but today it's a little less. If anyone is messing with me they should be ashamed of themself. (Edit: this part looks like it should be in the general Support Thread but I'm logging out now so I don't want to transfer it)

#45 ·
Gay frogs :afr

#49 ·
Gay tornadoes too.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/01/...2020-anti-gay-lou-engle-che-ahn-cindy-jacobs/

Engle is also fiercely anti-LGBT+, and is fond of recounting "visions" and "dreams" he has had.

In one post on his website he says: "We received a dream in which twin tornadoes had come to destroy America. "Each tornado had the letters 'HA HA' written across it. We knew that the 'H' stood for homosexuality and the 'A' for abortion. These principalities were mocking spirits that had to be overcome in order to turn the nation."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.