Random Spiritual Thoughts - Page 47 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #921 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 06:54 AM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,707
My Mood: Inspired

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #922 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 05:30 PM
SAS Member
 
Sunshine Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,830
-I was thinking about religion. There is Catholicism, Christianity and Judaism. I think the Catholic belief is more of the "royalty" kind of Christianity whereas Christianity is for the lower form. It is fancier. I know little about Judaism but it seem to me that these 3 religions are of the same belief in some way but they are separate. One God but 3 branches.


-Allah is the same God of the Bible. If you do your researcher and read the Quran you will find out that it speaks of the same Biblical people and what have happen. Parallel to the Bible. Allah means God in Arabic. What makes Allah bad is that there are false followers: terrorist that causes terror in the name of God.



Don't get mad at me. Do the research, read, and think.
Sunshine Lady is offline  
post #923 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 06:36 AM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,707
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Lady View Post

-Allah is the same God of the Bible. If you do your researcher and read the Quran you will find out that it speaks of the same Biblical people and what have happen. Parallel to the Bible. Allah means God in Arabic. What makes Allah bad is that there are false followers: terrorist that causes terror in the name of God.



Don't get mad at me. Do the research, read, and think.
The issue is they don't believe in the Trinity, which is huge when talking about God and who He is.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
 
post #924 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 09:17 AM
SAS Member
 
Sunshine Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
The issue is they don't believe in the Trinity, which is huge when talking about God and who He is.
But they do believe in God and Jesus. It is a different Holy Book. In it it speaks of Israel and the things in the Bible. God didn't make just one Holy Book. Scriptures is a small part. There are other books.


I'm not saying you are wrong. It is just that there are so many beliefs that one can't help but to wonder.

Sunshine Lady is offline  
post #925 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 10:30 AM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,707
My Mood: Inspired
^^ Just be careful the enemy will do anything to try to "sway" believers in these trying days.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #926 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 02:32 PM
SAS Member
 
wmu'14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kentwood, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 5,428
My Mood: Cool
The country's turned her back on her bridegroom. If any good comes from the Corona virus hysteria, let it be a turn back to Jesus. I, for one, know that with everything shutting down, the one thing that remains constant & the same is God. I'll be listening to Christian music, reading the Bible, and praying. May the rest of the country do the same.

The world is quiet here.
wmu'14 is offline  
post #927 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 02:33 PM
SAS Member
 
wmu'14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kentwood, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 5,428
My Mood: Cool
Also, to the comments above me, the Jews don't believe in the Trinity either. They believe God the Father, but they believe the Messiah foretold by the prophets is just a prophet, not God himself.

That's why they asked Jesus if he's Elijah, because Elijah was a prophet & they believed the Messiah would be like Elijah - or even Elijah himself.

He was killed because he spoke & performed miracles with the authority of God.

Either way, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Catholics, etc. all believe in the God of Abraham. Different interpretation branches, but all extending from the initial trunk.

The world is quiet here.
wmu'14 is offline  
post #928 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 07:06 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 153,478
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
We have to trust God through the trials, life is hard but with Him its all worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
That's very positive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Crazy how people mock us for doing something so needed.
Interesting that we are so calm with this. Even if I catch it, I'll be okay.


We had the worst stock market day since the Crash of October, 1987. And we are alright!


For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of sound mind,

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #929 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 10:03 PM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,707
My Mood: Inspired
^^ Amen

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #930 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 02:23 PM
SAS Member
 
wmu'14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kentwood, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 5,428
My Mood: Cool
In the end we're all just human beings. We're not invincible. We're not all-powerful. We think we can control everything & know everything but we can't. We can do our best but we all have these things in common. We have a lot in common, actually. We're all going to die someday, but we also all have the gift of life.

The world is quiet here.
wmu'14 is offline  
post #931 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 02:27 PM
SAS Member
 
wmu'14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kentwood, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 5,428
My Mood: Cool
'We can have confidence our Sovereign Lord is in control. He is still sovereign; He is not surprised; He is accomplishing His good purpose. Our responsibility is to trust Him, to keep our focus. We are not responsible for events which are out of our control we are not responsible for what we cannot do. We are responsible for our faithfulness before the Lord and in keeping our eyes fixed upon our Savior; for keeping our priorities in proper perspective. “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (Luke 12.34).

Proverbs 1 ends with these words: “whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster” (1.33). The writing of Solomon said the same thing as the words of Jesus. We can rest in Him.

Regardless of what happens in this day, we do not need to “dread disaster;” our Lord knows what is happening and He is at work, in ways we don’t begin to understand. What we do know is how it all ends – Jesus is the victor, all He does is good, and we will eternally rest secure in Him.'

---I didn't write this, but I thought it was a good message & wanted to share w/ you all

The world is quiet here.
wmu'14 is offline  
post #932 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 10:25 PM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,707
My Mood: Inspired
^^ Awesome

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #933 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 12:37 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Interesting that we are so calm with this. Even if I catch it, I'll be okay.


We had the worst stock market day since the Crash of October, 1987. And we are alright!


For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of sound mind,
Thank you, Yeah God is in control of everything and as believers and followers we are to trust in Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmu'14 View Post
'We can have confidence our Sovereign Lord is in control. He is still sovereign; He is not surprised; He is accomplishing His good purpose. Our responsibility is to trust Him, to keep our focus. We are not responsible for events which are out of our control we are not responsible for what we cannot do. We are responsible for our faithfulness before the Lord and in keeping our eyes fixed upon our Savior; for keeping our priorities in proper perspective. “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (Luke 12.34).

Proverbs 1 ends with these words: “whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster” (1.33). The writing of Solomon said the same thing as the words of Jesus. We can rest in Him.

Regardless of what happens in this day, we do not need to “dread disaster;” our Lord knows what is happening and He is at work, in ways we don’t begin to understand. What we do know is how it all ends – Jesus is the victor, all He does is good, and we will eternally rest secure in Him.'

---I didn't write this, but I thought it was a good message & wanted to share w/ you all
Nice
lily is offline  
post #934 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 12:41 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 1,321
We have to keep this in mind: God is in control. I don't know what I'm going to do now that a lot of places are closed but I have the internet, the Bible and God 'leading and guiding me in the way in which I go with His eye upon me'.
lily is offline  
post #935 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 12:43 AM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 153,478
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
We have to keep this in mind: God is in control. I don't know what I'm going to do now that a lot of places are closed but I have the internet, the Bible and God 'leading and guiding me in the way in which I go with His eye upon me'.
This is exactly right.
We are going to be fine. God watches over His children!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #936 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 12:51 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
This is exactly right.
We are going to be fine. God watches over His children!
lily is offline  
post #937 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 10:40 AM
Happy little accidents
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,534
Are any of you guys going to avoid church due to the pandemic? I got an email from the church I'm registered with saying church wouldn't be an obligation this Sunday and the next two. I didn't go the past couple weeks due to laziness but also a fear of getting sick. Tomorrow is supposed to be a day of prayer but I wonder if people will be doing this at home.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
Musicfan is offline  
post #938 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 01:02 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 153,478
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
Are any of you guys going to avoid church due to the pandemic? I got an email from the church I'm registered with saying church wouldn't be an obligation this Sunday and the next two. I didn't go the past couple weeks due to laziness but also a fear of getting sick. Tomorrow is supposed to be a day of prayer but I wonder if people will be doing this at home.
My church already cancelled this Sunday.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #939 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 02:06 PM
Happy little accidents
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
My church already cancelled this Sunday.
Would be risky with the greetings and the sign of peace when shaking of hands. I saw some Catholic churches were stopping the wine drinking and not putting wafers in congregants mouths. It would be surreal to go to church and everyone would be wearing face masks and trying to stay away from each other.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
Musicfan is offline  
post #940 of 975 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 04:22 PM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,707
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
Are any of you guys going to avoid church due to the pandemic? I got an email from the church I'm registered with saying church wouldn't be an obligation this Sunday and the next two. I didn't go the past couple weeks due to laziness but also a fear of getting sick. Tomorrow is supposed to be a day of prayer but I wonder if people will be doing this at home.
This is all the reason to go, we need to be united and not fear. It saddens me some churches are not doing live services. I'll be there tomorrow God willing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
My church already cancelled this Sunday.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Health Thoughts Kevin001 Health 2077 03-29-2020 12:41 PM
Human Consciousness in Relation to Depression and Social Anxiety Tuan Jie Science and Philosophy 10 08-22-2017 09:01 AM
Feeling super down... random thoughts tonight. lummex Frustration 3 12-06-2016 11:24 AM
random thoughts googleamiable Frustration 1 07-07-2011 02:47 PM
Random Positive Thoughts mcmuffinme Positive Thinking 13 09-07-2010 07:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome