Lost a Friend to God. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Lost a Friend to God.

I'm not sure what a good title for this topic should be. But I got a controversial one for you!

It was 2005 and I was gradually getting sucked into social media. I had been trying chatrooms and yahoo groups, trying to full fill the sever loneliness of what is "me". I had plenty of experiences in both Secular and Christian Chatrooms, and needed some where to go. I wanted to build up my faith so I wanted to be around other Christians both online and offline. But my offline support had gone the way of dodo birds. Then on the internet I started meeting Dodo Birds. (I can't help myself) Anyways, in 2005 I finally met a Woman who became my best online friend for about 3 years. My only complaint was that she was married, and I felt a little weird talking to a married woman. None the less she claimed to be a Christian, and because of that we could talk about several different both religious and non religious. As I had her as a friend I continued my search for a girl friend. Then through a real life situation of witnessing I met a girl. She was the strangest weirdest most obnoxious person I've ever met. Also the most pushy. Things got so bad so fast, that I had to let her go. But just as I was trying to get through that hard patch, my online friend told me "God told me not to talk to you anymore." My entire online life has gone downhill from that point on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:21 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Hmm maybe God did tell her that....doesn't mean your a bad guy just mean right then and there God felt like she needed space from you .

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Hmm maybe God did tell her that....doesn't mean your a bad guy just mean right then and there God felt like she needed space from you .
Back up the possibility of God telling someone that in Scripture please. Otherwise it could of been Satan. Loosing my friends all at once at that time nearly killed me. Satan wants nothing more than to destroy people, especially Christians. He really loves using Christians to destroy each other. She tried to rebuild the Friendship with me but got really weird and flaked out. We never spoke again! I also want to caution you. Satan knows the Bible even better then we do. He quoted from it to Jesus. Make sure you properly divide it.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:20 PM
I Am Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Exist View Post
Back up the possibility of God telling someone that in Scripture please. Otherwise it could of been Satan. Loosing my friends all at once at that time nearly killed me. Satan wants nothing more than to destroy people, especially Christians. He really loves using Christians to destroy each other. She tried to rebuild the Friendship with me but got really weird and flaked out. We never spoke again! I also want to caution you. Satan knows the Bible even better then we do. He quoted from it to Jesus. Make sure you properly divide it.
God can tell people anything He chooses, He might of thought you wasn't good for her at that time. Overall just keep pushing forward bro, just be you and if people don't accept you oh well .

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
God can tell people anything He chooses, He might of thought you wasn't good for her at that time. Overall just keep pushing forward bro, just be you and if people don't accept you oh well .
I hope it happens to you someday and then you can tell us how it feels.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:43 AM
I Am Second

Quote:
I hope it happens to you someday and then you can tell us how it feels.
Plenty of people have been in and out of my life, its not about my feelings or even people its all about me glorifying God. Sometimes He buts people in your life for just a short time. I don't live off my emotions/feelings they are deceiving. All about being holy not happy . God bless bro.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Plenty of people have been in and out of my life, its not about my feelings or even people its all about me glorifying God. Sometimes He buts people in your life for just a short time. I don't live off my emotions/feelings they are deceiving. All about being holy not happy . God bless bro.
You made a typo. "buts" should be "puts"

I think your logic dictates that God could tell someone to get a Divorce...
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:37 AM
I Am Second

Quote:
You made a typo. "buts" should be "puts"

I think your logic dictates that God could tell someone to get a Divorce...
Yeah I was multitasking lol. Nah God hates divorce. Just keep your eyes on Him bro and you'll be fine. Its all about Jesus .

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Yeah I was multitasking lol. Nah God hates divorce. Just keep your eyes on Him bro and you'll be fine. Its all about Jesus .
I think it's more than He just simply hates divorce. I think He hates it when Christians divorce themselves from each other. He created us to be social beings. To have Fellowship with Him and to have Fellowship with each other. There is only one reason for separation. That is if a fellow believer is living in sin. You confront Him or Her and only if they won't change their ways. It's in the Bible. But that's only reason I have ever found in scripture for two people to end fellowship. Divorce is only allowed if one committed adultery, or if one is not a believer and chooses to leave.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:50 AM
SAS Member

Language: Anglais
Don't delay, more friends are at bay. Just because you had one bad experience doesn't mean it will always turn out that way. Religious or not, losing a friend can be hard. But it doesn't mean this feeling will last forever.

Our hopes and expectations. Black holes and revelations.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpellegrino View Post
Don't delay, more friends are at bay. Just because you had one bad experience doesn't mean it will always turn out that way. Religious or not, losing a friend can be hard. But it doesn't mean this feeling will last forever.
Your a nice person! You have a good heart.

People do come and go. Most of the time they just drift out of my life.

This happened to me back in 2007. When someone goes out of your life this way, it leaves a mark in your memory, and that brings back the bad emotions. Also with all the other bad things that were going on at the time also makes it hard to forget. I don't know if I want to call the new people who came into my life friends or not. If something hanging by a thread could be called a friend, then I guess more friends came into my life. Or maybe I'm just being too picky. Or maybe it's because I crave intimacy with a Woman that I have such strong feelings. I don't know. Or maybe it's because of all the crappy people I've dealt with at School, Work, Church, and the Internet.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:24 AM
SAS Member

Language: Anglais
Quote:
Your a nice person! You have a good heart.

People do come and go. Most of the time they just drift out of my life.

This happened to me back in 2007. When someone goes out of your life this way, it leaves a mark in your memory, and that brings back the bad emotions. Also with all the other bad things that were going on at the time also makes it hard to forget. I don't know if I want to call the new people who came into my life friends or not. If something hanging by a thread could be called a friend, then I guess more friends came into my life. Or maybe I'm just being too picky. Or maybe it's because I crave intimacy with a Woman that I have such strong feelings. I don't know. Or maybe it's because of all the crappy people I've dealt with at School, Work, Church, and the Internet.
Well you still have aquaintences in your life which is a plus. Don't take it too harshly, people come and go in life. One day you might find a genuine friend you can share your interests with and life seems to be a bit more peachy keen. I've went through times of being on my own too, but it was more self inflicted. One things for sure, just aim to make a happy life for yourself. Everything else just comes in tow.

And thank you!

Our hopes and expectations. Black holes and revelations.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:47 AM
I Am Second

Quote:
I think it's more than He just simply hates divorce. I think He hates it when Christians divorce themselves from each other. He created us to be social beings. To have Fellowship with Him and to have Fellowship with each other. There is only one reason for separation. That is if a fellow believer is living in sin. You confront Him or Her and only if they won't change their ways. It's in the Bible. But that's only reason I have ever found in scripture for two people to end fellowship. Divorce is only allowed if one committed adultery, or if one is not a believer and chooses to leave.
Yeah I wouldn't compare friendships with marriage. One is a bounded covenant the other is not. If someone feels like a friend is leading them astray or away from God I would advise them to move along . Don't be unequally yoked. Praying for good godly friends for you bro

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

For those of you who are Christians consider this article and tell me what you think....

Kindred Grace: What To Do When You Canít Find Friends
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:26 AM
I Am Second

^^ Completely agree with it.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 05:39 AM
SAS Member

I was online friends with someone I considered mentor. She was like an older sister to me. She was so helpful. Then one day, out of now where, she just completely disappeared, deleted all her social media accounts. I was surprised. I don't think it had anything to do with me but I was sad she was no longer a part of my life. I learned that day that some people are only meant to be in your life temporarily, sometimes for a short season, sometimes for a long season. And there are some that are meant to stick with your forever. I pray you find those forever friends.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyamongthorns View Post
I was online friends with someone I considered mentor. She was like an older sister to me. She was so helpful. Then one day, out of now where, she just completely disappeared, deleted all her social media accounts. I was surprised. I don't think it had anything to do with me but I was sad she was no longer a part of my life. I learned that day that some people are only meant to be in your life temporarily, sometimes for a short season, sometimes for a long season. And there are some that are meant to stick with your forever. I pray you find those forever friends.
I sure can use that prayer! Thank you But I'm not sure I agree with the concept that some people are only meant to be in your life for a short period of time. Because I can't find anything in the Bible that supports such a view. If anything it seems to me that friendships that fall apart is always caused by sin on some level. One could argue that natural life circumstances couldn't be called "sin" however it seems all bad things that happen to us is connected to the "curse" described in Genesis Chapter 3. In a nutshell what I'm saying is the loss of a love one, is because this world is not operating by God's original design. One of the things described about Heaven is there will be no more tears, and the Family of God will all be together.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:03 PM
SAS Member

Very rarely does God actually tell someone something with a voice they can hear. I think 99.9% of the time when people claim God told them something is simply them getting a hunch and crediting it to God.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 12:34 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
In a nutshell what I'm saying is the loss of a love one, is because this world is not operating by God's original design. One of the things described about Heaven is there will be no more tears, and the Family of God will all be together.
Oh totally, I agree with you. I guess I was thinking in earthly terms. You are thinking in heavenly terms. That's good. I like your perspective.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I think that 9 times out of 10 God does not need to talk to us with his voice. He's given us His word. Which covers just about everything. Some Christians say it does cover everything. If it does, then why would God talk to us with His voice? What does He got to tell us that He hasn't already written down? I'm at least leaving open the possibility that there might be times when He does need to use His voice. But even if He did use His voice with you, it still got to say something that you can look in the scriptures to make sure that it really is Him talking to you. Otherwise it could just be your own sinful thoughts saying something. Or maybe a mental illness.... That is why I don't like it when people tell me "God told me to tell you something" Because then I got to go check into things and verify..... I try to be in the word as much as I can. If He can't tell me that way, then I must be pretty bad off.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page