Kanye West a christian now? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Arrow

Kanye West a christian now?

What do you guys think of Kanye? Is he really saved? Have you heard his album?

I'm happy tbh, he can reach so many. Rooting and praying for him . Album not bad either.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 11:47 AM
Russian Modster

I don't know much about it, he always gave off this very narcissistic vibe with the whole yeezus brand and his awful wife. I always assumed he thought himself to be Jesus. But if it's true then good for him, and I hope only for good things to come of it.

♡ ❤ :: Yesterday's a closing door//You don't live there anymore//Say goodbye to where you've been//And tell your heart to beat again ::♡ ❤

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 01:05 PM
SAS Member

Good to hear. His lyrics were pretty self absorbed and raunchy before so if he's making the change to gospel he might have a new audience. I don't know what his new album is like but will have to pick it up now. Also Justin Beiber is a Christian? Kanye is a music genius and maybe his behavior will be more tolerable. Some artists in the past have evolved to religious themed music but that doesn't always reach the mainstream. But since he's a top A lister it might bring people to God which is great!

“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.”

― Nelson Mandela

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 05:38 PM
SAS Member

Just listened to his album Jesus Is King on youtube. Lyrically it's nice. Musically not as strong as his previous albums. Also the time runs at 26 minutes so not a full length album. I don't think this will be considered a masterpiece, including in Christian music circles. Worthy a listen if you're a Kanye fan or into Christian rap.

“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.”

― Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenw View Post
Lol. We are talkin' about Kany West right.[/QU OTE] He also was part of that Gold Digger track.
That was in the past, he is a new creation now .

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second

^^ Before he became a christian maam . Hopefully his wife will change.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 09:02 AM
The Groat King

*yawn* another star who had their fun and now that they are getting old and slowing down they magically "find the Lord" and incorporate it into their act.
Oddly they never give up their riches they made off their heathenry...
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 09:09 AM
SAS Member

Be really cautious when it comes to celebrities and their true intentions. They change lifestyles quicker than chameleons change colors. Remember Snoop and his gospel album? Right after he made gangstrap again. Ofcourse 'Jesus Is King' is a bold statement and good intention but let's wait for his next albums and if he truelly changed. Hope so.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:16 AM
insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals View Post
Be really cautious when it comes to celebrities and their true intentions. They change lifestyles quicker than chameleons change colors. Remember Snoop and his gospel album? Right after he made gangstrap again. Ofcourse 'Jesus Is King' is a bold statement and good intention but let's wait for his next albums and if he truelly changed. Hope so.
Snoop made a gospel album? I have been a fan since his death row days but OMG really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
^^ Before he became a christian maam . Hopefully his wife will change.
Apparently, Kanye asks her not to dress provocatively. I listen to a few hip hop podcasts on youtube and they are all like: Kanye, we first met your wife when she was on her back. A sex tape is what made her a household name. Now you want her to be a devout housewife? LOL
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
What do you guys think of Kanye? Is he really saved? Have you heard his album?

I'm happy tbh, he can reach so many. Rooting and praying for him . Album not bad either.
I have been a fan since the Gold Digger days and I have listened to the album multiple times. Artistically, it is not his best work but I still kinda love it.

I know more about Hip Hop than about religion but somewhere on twitter I read: Kanye has made millions of atheists say and type out the words Jesus is King. Actually, that's true and it made me think.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:24 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
I have been a fan since the Gold Digger days and I have listened to the album multiple times. Artistically, it is not his best work but I still kinda love it.

I know more about Hip Hop than about religion but somewhere on twitter I read: Kanye has made millions of atheists say and type out the words Jesus is King. Actually, that's true and it made me think.
at the end you say it made you think.do you mean think of becoming a christian?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - -- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - - -- - -- - -- - - -- -- - -- - --
I really had bad days I felt like am alone but it was once worse. I think am making progress and finding my smile back.
What am currently on:
Online Anxiety Help
The link is audios,videos and by that Irish guy Barry McDonagh(one of my favorite Social Anxiety authors ). Sharing is caring.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHouse View Post
at the end you say it made you think.do you mean think of becoming a christian?
On me thinking about becoming a Christian: I have been thinking about that for 3-4 years. It's not really Kanye related.

On Kanye making atheists say and type Jesus is King: In his song Jesus walks from 10-12 years ago he raps: I ain't here to argue about his facial features or here to convert atheists into believers. In the new version of that song he actually raps: I am here to convert atheists into believers. Making millions of atheists think about Jesus as King is no small step of the way, I would say
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 12:44 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
On me thinking about becoming a Christian: I have been thinking about that for 3-4 years. It's not really Kanye related.

On Kanye making atheists say and type Jesus is King: In his song Jesus walks from 10-12 years ago he raps: I ain't here to argue about his facial features or here to convert atheists into believers. In the new version of that song he actually raps: I am here to convert atheists into believers. Making millions of atheists think about Jesus as King is no small step of the way, I would say
Well even weirder than atheist saying Jesus is king, other religion followers have been saying it ,my friend is Muslim and likes, quotes and sings along to the album. but I don't think Kanye is actually converting people maybe am wrong,but that's why I was asking you if you were convinced and converted. Its interesting on Jesus walks he did say that ,seems like his intentions are different maybe he genuinely means his message,good for Christianity I guess. let me ask you do you see it winning a Grammy under gospel and is it fair to the traditional gospel genre,its a question that has been bugging me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -- - -- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - - -- - -- - -- - - -- -- - -- - --
I really had bad days I felt like am alone but it was once worse. I think am making progress and finding my smile back.
What am currently on:
Online Anxiety Help
The link is audios,videos and by that Irish guy Barry McDonagh(one of my favorite Social Anxiety authors ). Sharing is caring.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second

Quote:

Apparently, Kanye asks her not to dress provocatively. I listen to a few hip hop podcasts on youtube and they are all like: Kanye, we first met your wife when she was on her back. A sex tape is what made her a household name. Now you want her to be a devout housewife? LOL
Everyone has a past and can come to Christ, yes she needs to find her own way but hopefully she will want we he has and decide to change even if its slowly. Jesus changes everything, I had no idea what was possible before Christ.

Quote:

Just getting people talking about Jesus is a win, in some places saying the name of Jesus will get you killed.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 12:51 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
I don't think this will be considered a masterpiece, including in Christian music circles.

Wow was I wrong lol:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisla.../#222306db1c55

Quote:

Here’s a list of all the Billboard charts Jesus Is King debuted at #1 on:
  1. Billboard 200
  2. Artist 100
  3. Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
  4. R&B/Hip-Hop Album Sales
  5. Rap Streaming Songs
  6. Rap Album Sales
  7. Top Rap Albums
  8. R&B/Hip-Hop Streaming Songs
  9. On-Demand Streaming Songs
  10. Top Album Sales
  11. Top Current Albums
  12. Soundtracks
  13. Hot Christian Songs
  14. Top Christian Albums
  15. Christian Album Sales
  16. Christian Streaming Songs
  17. Christian Digital Song Sales
  18. Gospel Streaming Songs
  19. Gospel Album Sales
  20. Top Gospel Albums
  21. Hot Gospel Songs
  22. Gospel Digital Song Sales

― Nelson Mandela
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHouse View Post
Well even weirder than atheist saying Jesus is king, other religion followers have been saying it ,my friend is Muslim and likes, quotes and sings along to the album. but I don't think Kanye is actually converting people maybe am wrong,but that's why I was asking you if you were convinced and converted. Its interesting on Jesus walks he did say that ,seems like his intentions are different maybe he genuinely means his message,good for Christianity I guess. let me ask you do you see it winning a Grammy under gospel and is it fair to the traditional gospel genre,its a question that has been bugging me.
I don't think a 27 min gospel album is enough to convince or convert anyone BUT: if you are already thinking about Christianity then having good music to listen to certainly helps. At least that's how I feel about the album.

If you think about the history of Christianity then the arts have often played an important role in pulling people in (certainly over here in Europe). The composer Bach wrote church music that was considered beautiful in its day. Many of our old churches are decorated with Renaissance paintings.

Renaissance paintings are still considered remarkable to this day. But who listens to Bach? I certainly don't. So maybe Kanye can give us new church music. Stuff we actually enjoy just like they enjoyed Bach back then.Wouldn't that it be awesome if people actually wanted to listen to church music and even put it on on their way to work etc.?

Quote:
Everyone has a past and can come to Christ, yes she needs to find her own way but hopefully she will want we he has and decide to change even if its slowly. Jesus changes everything, I had no idea what was possible before Christ.

Just getting people talking about Jesus is a win, in some places saying the name of Jesus will get you killed.
Agreed but it's just going to be a huge change. Remember when she broke the internet balancing champagne on her backside? I actually like that pic. I am just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
I had a look at that link. They show a tweet and that tweet ends with #jesusisking Supports the idea that Kanye makes everyone type those words.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 01:47 PM
SAS Member

Kanye West is a loser.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second

Quote:

Agreed but it's just going to be a huge change. Remember when she broke the internet balancing champagne on her backside? I actually like that pic. I am just saying

It would be huge, she has a larger platform than Kanye and together they could inspire even more to come to Jesus. I can only do so much with my influence but celebs turning to Christ could impact millions.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 02:56 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I don't think a 27 min gospel album is enough to convince or convert anyone BUT: if you are already thinking about Christianity then having good music to listen to certainly helps. At least that's how I feel about the album.

If you think about the history of Christianity then the arts have often played an important role in pulling people in (certainly over here in Europe). The composer Bach wrote church music that was considered beautiful in its day. Many of our old churches are decorated with Renaissance paintings.

Renaissance paintings are still considered remarkable to this day. But who listens to Bach? I certainly don't. So maybe Kanye can give us new church music. Stuff we actually enjoy just like they enjoyed Bach back then.Wouldn't that it be awesome if people actually wanted to listen to church music and even put it on on their way to work etc.?
Yeah true ,if someone was already thinking of converting before, then maybe Kanye`s album and Kanye`s influence could just be enough to tip the scale for someone considering becoming a christian. I like the album too just like I enjoy bible stories and acknowledge the bible stellar literature but like me unfortunately its still just an entertainment basket for most people.

That`s interesting ,so you think its time Christians truly embrace modern music genres like hip hop,trap,edm etc to accommodate for our time.it will be different for sure hearing a rock influenced gospel song being jammed during a Sunday service haha. Out of church it makes sense ,I agree with your example of driving to work.

but do you think its fair for Kanyes album to take a grammy under gospel albums,it might sounds like a stupid question but I ask because there was an issue a while ago whether Lil Nas debut track should be under country music..Is what makes gospel the lyrics or the artistic nature?

What am currently on:
Online Anxiety Help
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
He drinks not from the cup of a carpenter.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page