Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Deleted
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 07:14 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
maybe this is what you don't want people to say, but being friends is both sides option. so yeah this is the way it is. but there must be other ways to meet people? you possibly have family connections?

i do also resent the discomfort between myself and my co-workers. but this is mostly from me being ice cold and robotic lol.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
maybe this is what you don't want people to say, but being friends is both sides option.
Friendships do take both sides. I've tried to outreach to people, and what I found is they don't want to be the other side.

Quote:
but there must be other ways to meet people?
Believe me, if there was other ways for me to meet people I wouldn't waste my time on here!

Quote:
you possibly have family connections?
Even my family is friendless, and my family is getting smaller.

Quote:
i do also resent the discomfort between myself and my co-workers. but this is mostly from me being ice cold and robotic lol.
If your content behaving like an ice cold robot, then I say "More Power To Ya".
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 09:05 AM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
Quote:
If your content behaving like an ice cold robot, then I say "More Power To Ya".
I'm not content but I'm I'm not going to be unhappy about it on top of being it.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 11:48 AM
Chonker

Sorry you have much difficulty getting respect. I'm the town weirdo so I get the cold shoulder a lot with neighbors and cashiers for example. It does get frustrating and makes me want to confront them about it sometimes. But that all just makes me more asocial. Not worth dealing with other people's disrespect.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 02:33 PM
SAS Member

This might sound bad, but maybe it's just a cliquish thing? Like teachers probably socialize with other teachers more than others on staff at school. When I went to school teachers usually talked to other teachers, department heads, etc. They didn't go and socialize with the librarian, the guidance counselors, the lunch ladies, custodians, etc. It's just how it is, it's their department so that's the ones they tend to talk to more often. So I wouldn't necessarily take it offensively, although it might feel like you're getting ignored.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 02:56 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
A lot of our relating is nonverbal. I know that for those people who don't treat you decent, it's on them. Technically, they are still your coworkers. I seem to remember people being decent to our school janitors, so there may be nonverbal stuff going on first. You have to go into things with an open mind and be able to shrug stuff off - block negative thinking. It's hard to do, but what we are thinking can cause changes in demeanor/facial expression and we don't even know it.

I had someone in college who, after getting to know me, said I looked angry all the time and was afraid to talk to me. I was anxious about getting through college, and did feel rejected by people in there.

The weird part about that was, there was a time I actually talked to a few people who I felt rejected by, and they were pleasant! It was as if they were surprised I could speak.

Our thinking can cloud things pretty easily and then we get a shock that it's not what we thought it was.....my counselor calls it "limbic lag" - the time between when you learn something isn't what you thought it was to when your mind and body accept the new truth. Then, there's like a "guilt" for thinking wrong which also has to be worked through, but you have to roll with it at that point so you don't get stuck.

Anyway, psychology aside. I would try to look at things in different ways and be a bit more objective.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page