How Is God Working On You Thread - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 55,474
My Mood: Inspired
Arrow

How Is God Working On You Thread


How is God changing you or working on you?

For me personally I don't let things get to me as much as I used to. I rarely get angry and I'm more patient. For instance I used to get irritated for staying over for work because my relief wasn't there yet but now it doesn't bother me when it happens. I pray before work for God to use me and let others see Him through me. People ask me all the time now why don't you get angry or why are you always so positive/nice.....I just smile and say Jesus .

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:11 PM
SAS Member
 
hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Age: 45
Posts: 2,335
My Mood: Lonely
hopefully working on me for the better.
I just finished grad school.
I've been struggling for years for a much better job, to earn enough money to move into my own place.
I've also struggled severely with depression, including from never having had a girlfriend or a dating life. I want to meet a special lady.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"
Stan Lee, 1962
http://hypestyle.newsvine.com
hypestyle is offline  
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 11:59 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,187
My Mood: Amazed
Well i suppose im not crippled or anything yet.
sad1231234 is offline  
 
post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 09:34 PM
(K)Joe + Joi
 
Solomoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,036
Used to have more self-hate and confusion. Now I hate myself less often and understand more. But more answers means more questions. Maybe that's the nature of things, so that we'll always have room to learn and grow.

"Even when you're hopeless, hope is all you have." - Fear The Walking Dead

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to." - Carl Sandburg
Solomoon is offline  
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 55,474
My Mood: Inspired
Teaching me to not judge others on their sins, we all sin and to respect others even if they don't respect me.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 05:37 AM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 4,825
In mysterious ways.
Suchness is online now  
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,187
My Mood: Amazed
I feel like god is working me over
sad1231234 is offline  
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 09:35 AM
SAS Member
 
porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 215
My Mood: Fine
@sad1231234 , you aint got nothin on the Apostle Paul.

2Co 11:23 Servants of Christ are they? (Being insane, I am speaking.) Above them am I! In weariness more exceedingly, in jails more exceedingly, in blows inordinately, in deaths often.

FAITH isn't blind. It's the EXPECTATION of things not seen. -Dave in Tenn
porter is offline  
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Posts: 10,187
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
@sad1231234 , you aint got nothin on the Apostle Paul.

2Co 11:23 Servants of Christ are they? (Being insane, I am speaking.) Above them am I! In weariness more exceedingly, in jails more exceedingly, in blows inordinately, in deaths often.
Yeah but paul ws the guy who persecuted christians right? All i did was get born.
sad1231234 is offline  
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 55,474
My Mood: Inspired
^^ Paul's former self Saul

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 09:19 PM
SAS Member
 
porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 215
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Yeah but paul ws the guy who persecuted christians right? All i did was get born.
I can see how that may look like payback on God's part, but according to Scripture, Paul suffered a lot so as to keep him humble in light of all the incredible revelations God gave him. I mean the stuff God gave Paul to see and understand has the potential to puff up a person big time. Also, what may look like payback on God's part is actually God's righteous judgment to help correct the character flaws of His Elect.

When God gets to working on His Elect, He tells them not to think it strange when they face hardships. In fact, He tells them to consider it the norm when they do. Not saying it has to be as harsh as what Paul went through, but that it's perfectly designed or taylor made for each person.

FAITH isn't blind. It's the EXPECTATION of things not seen. -Dave in Tenn
porter is offline  
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 10:29 PM
SAS Member
 
Ms kim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Gender: Female
Age: 37
Posts: 1,563
My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
I can see how that may look like payback on God's part, but according to Scripture, Paul suffered a lot so as to keep him humble in light of all the incredible revelations God gave him. I mean the stuff God gave Paul to see and understand has the potential to puff up a person big time. Also, what may look like payback on God's part is actually God's righteous judgment to help correct the character flaws of His Elect.

When God gets to working on His Elect, He tells them not to think it strange when they face hardships. In fact, He tells them to consider it the norm when they do. Not saying it has to be as harsh as what Paul went through, but that it's perfectly designed or taylor made for each person.
Amen.

Hebrews 12:6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.

Proverbs 3:12 For the LORD corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights.

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.
-Joseph M. Scriven
Ms kim is offline  
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 55,474
My Mood: Inspired
Just been telling me to worry less pray more. Philippians 4:6 comes to mind. So many struggles in my life but I just need to pray more and trust Him. Let Him lead me.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:15 PM
RMS
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Past month or so? Nothing too harsh, very little suffering. Its been a rough couple years for me so I'm glad for the respite. Sometimes little events will coincide in the strangest way, but not lately.

A part of me wants to pray for more wisdom, but whenever I do it comes at such a high cost I shudder to do it anymore. Just when you think you're getting it all figured out you get knocked down brutally, but when you rise you see much more. I guess I'm just tired of getting knocked down. As great as wisdom is, my courage is in limited supply lately, as is my fortitude to withstand suffering. As wonderful as knowing more about myself and the world is, I'm starting to feel like I'm comfortable where I stand.

Maybe I'll start praying for wisdom again, but when I do, the blows come hard and relentlessly.
RMS is offline  
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 55,474
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
Past month or so? Nothing too harsh, very little suffering. Its been a rough couple years for me so I'm glad for the respite. Sometimes little events will coincide in the strangest way, but not lately.

A part of me wants to pray for more wisdom, but whenever I do it comes at such a high cost I shudder to do it anymore. Just when you think you're getting it all figured out you get knocked down brutally, but when you rise you see much more. I guess I'm just tired of getting knocked down. As great as wisdom is, my courage is in limited supply lately, as is my fortitude to withstand suffering. As wonderful as knowing more about myself and the world is, I'm starting to feel like I'm comfortable where I stand.

Maybe I'll start praying for wisdom again, but when I do, the blows come hard and relentlessly.
The closer you get to God the more the enemy attacks. If your life was perfect then I would worry.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 55,474
My Mood: Inspired
He is just showing me how worldly things are meaningless, in the grand scheme of things does where you work, where you live, what you drive really matter? He is telling me to keep my eyes on Him and be steadfast with His promises.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 10:14 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Somewhere Inbetween
Language: Gibberish
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 3,444
Either he is ripping me apart to the bare bones for some reason or he doesn't exist... I got nothing left in the tank. I'm self-medicating because it is the only thing that makes me not want to kill myself at this point.

Bleh.
naes is offline  
post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 08:37 AM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 152,436
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by naes View Post
Either he is ripping me apart to the bare bones for some reason or he doesn't exist... I got nothing left in the tank. I'm self-medicating because it is the only thing that makes me not want to kill myself at this point.
....you could be rebuilding. Sometimes, it has to get to the point where a lot of the crap has to be stripped away.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 06:46 AM
SAS Member
 
Reverie101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Language: English
Gender: Female
Posts: 595
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
He is just showing me how worldly things are meaningless, in the grand scheme of things does where you work, where you live, what you drive really matter? He is telling me to keep my eyes on Him and be steadfast with His promises.
I really admire your relationship with God. Its so inspiring because I can see how He's just molding you. Even when I was first here you emenated a very peaceful, kind presence and youre definitely walking with him for sure.

For me, I don't know. Ive been saved 8 years but I feel my relationship with God is always stop go... I feel I'm so busy and I know that sounds wrong...

and I feel I'm just trying so hard to make everything work.

Like i'll be inspired for a minute and read and pray but it wont be consistent ... and I think that's whats stopping me from being changed.

I just never feel led or God speaking to me ect.... I also get bored with the bible at times..

BUT!!!

I have seen my prayers answered and God is working in my life and He's helped me a lot.

I just need to stay plugged into Him.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
Reverie101 is offline  
post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 28
Posts: 55,474
My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverie101 View Post
I really admire your relationship with God. Its so inspiring because I can see how He's just molding you. Even when I was first here you emenated a very peaceful, kind presence and youre definitely walking with him for sure.

For me, I don't know. Ive been saved 8 years but I feel my relationship with God is always stop go... I feel I'm so busy and I know that sounds wrong...

and I feel I'm just trying so hard to make everything work.

Like i'll be inspired for a minute and read and pray but it wont be consistent ... and I think that's whats stopping me from being changed.

I just never feel led or God speaking to me ect.... I also get bored with the bible at times..

BUT!!!

I have seen my prayers answered and God is working in my life and He's helped me a lot.

I just need to stay plugged into Him.
Thanks again . Being a christian isn't easy, giving up your life for God is not easy. Hmm are you in the church now? Have close christian friends? Maybe you need to cut out things or people in your life that is drawing you away from God's blessings in your life.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
There Is Only One God... Royals Spiritual Support 12 11-29-2016 12:49 AM
A reason to believe in God? Sane21 Agnosticism, Atheism and Religion 35 11-02-2010 09:18 AM
What is your view on Heaven? Madbritt Spiritual Support 43 10-21-2010 11:19 AM
Christianity and Atheism blc1 Society & Culture 68 08-28-2009 04:03 AM
'Why Believe in a God?' Ad Campaign Launches on D.C. Buses SilentLoner Society & Culture 200 11-24-2008 01:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome